Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: OKC Won't Recover From That Devastating Loss

I knew this thread would be made, and who else but Silk to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Yea that is partly true... Durant should win with this cast.

None the less, I do feel like the NBA, in particular the West, is incredibly strong this Year and it may just be the most loaded conference that I know of/since I started watching (2000)
    In my opinion, aside from the Mavs/Spurs series, anyone in this round can win in the west. The only one that would probably shock me would be if the Mavs somehow upset the Spurs.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I am hoping someone finds out what happened with Mike Conley yesterday. He either smoked crack before the 4th or legit had money on OKC. Pathetic turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    In my opinion, aside from the Mavs/Spurs series, anyone in this round can win in the west. The only one that would probably shock me would be if the Mavs somehow upset the Spurs.
    Yea, and even that series, if not for a disgusting choke of 0 FGM (Besides Harris at 0.1 sec cmon) in the last 7.45 minutes, would be 1-0 Mavs right now...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I am hoping someone finds out what happened with Mike Conley yesterday. He either smoked crack before the 4th or legit had money on OKC. Pathetic turnovers.
    The Thabo steal looked like it was all hand, they only replayed it once.

To get OKC Fans hopes up:

Grizzlies have won their last 16 home games

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    The Thabo steal looked like it was all hand, they only replayed it once.

That was my only beef with nobody Memphis coach. Udrih is lighting it up and you're going to bring in Conley who was stinking up the place in the 4th. C'mon, their were legit times during that game where Conley made plays so bad you would have thought he was betting against his own. Dude probably left the country last night to get away from the mob after Memphis somehow won that game

I'm actually disappointed that this thread went back to talking about basketball. I thought all the hatred and negativity was fun tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by LWBMIA
    Why do white guys always say shit like "Holy shit","holy crap","holy balls","holy hell","holy fu*k",etc?

And why are yall obsessed with the word "dude"?

Not to be racist but damn white people are corny...
    Every black guy I know says "dude", they just drop the second 'd' and say "doo" really instead.

It's kinda sad how there was so much butthurt over some imaginary anti-black racism in this thread that wasn't even there, and then this guy says blatantly ignorant anti-white racist bullshit and no one even bats an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I'm actually disappointed that this thread went back to talking about basketball. I thought all the hatred and negativity was fun tbh.
    We here at ISH are a family! We may fight amongst ourselves every once in a while, but in the end we always calm down and remember this is the greatest basketball forum in the world, we have to keep it clean and civil.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Great to see you back my man.

Missed you on here...some of these cats be disrespecting some of the old greats.

I was actually defending Kobe quite a bit on here these last few months. Still hating from time to time to keep Kobe fans on their toes, but I was thinking about you in some of the Kobe hate threads and I needed your help.

These cats be saying Durant is already better than Kobe ever was!...
    Ish police:

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

If anything, things didn't go OKC's way. KD was pretty bad minus some periodic spurts the whole game. Defensively, he was HORRIBLE, his stance was pathetic and Courtney ****ing Lee scored on him repeatedly.

Looked like we were coasting the entire first half too, we're down but the coach/team looked happy, like we can afford to lose this game since we won game 1. Same with overtime, we expected things to go our way because we're at home and we made that great comeback. Pathetic effort.

And shot selection... Westbrook took some ill-advised shots, KD went for the bailout make-or-break 3pters again and again (just because he can make them doesn't mean it's the only option time and time again). Some bad calls as well, Lee blatantly kicked the ball in one of the late loose balls. And some questionably long 5 second in bounds from Memphis.

In all, quite a few mental mistakes from OKC's part. Memphis played terrific (shot well from FT, very low turnover rate, terrific defense on KD, even their pathetic wing players managed to have good offensive games) and only won by such a slim margin. OKC will recover easily, just don't get complacent.

Of course they will, it's Game 2 of the first round for heaven's sake.