Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Lakers brought so many titles to LA. It can never be Clippers town.

It's the same as NY, it's not the Titles, it's the number of fans. The Laker fanbase is 20 times the Clipper fanbase, that doesn't just disappear. In NY the Net fanbase is a fraction of the Knicks (plus they branded themselves as a borough).

Who gives a **** though? I'm a Met fan, we'll never be the primary team (except maybe for a month or so if we win a title, then fall right back to 2nd). If we win I'll still be real happy.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: The Lakers brought so many titles to LA. It can never be Clippers town.

Why can't it be Clipper town for a little while? At the end of the regular season, when the Lakers have to sit out the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Clips to go as far as possible. I'd rather see the title in LA than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I agree, but if the Clippers were around in the early days of the NBA they would have some titles.
    How early?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    How early?
    Before there were any other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Before there were any other teams.
    Well, they've been around since 1970, when them, the Cavs and the Blazers entered the league. Sure, they were The Braves and were in NY, but still, since that time neither the Braves nor the Clippers have ever made it out of the second round, while the Cavs and Blazers have at least made the finals. They're a pretty old franchise.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Sorry but the clips own l.a for the next decade at least. L.a have shit management these days
    Next decade my ass, Chris Paul is almost in his thirties, he'll be an elite PG for maybe another 4-5 years Tops, and unless you wanna bet on Blake Griffin being able to lead a Clippers squad to the Post Season for the next 10 years on some Timmy D shit, you better pay attention to the competition, this isn't some depleted conference where one stacked Team can dominate like in the East.

Unless Houston for some reason blows up their entire roster in the next two years it wont be a cake walk to a WCF, plus you have squads like the Blazers , still up an coming and maybe next the Pelicans who are raw but can be as competitive as Davis makes them , they're probably one SF away from being a mid-to-Top team in the West.

Also they better hope the Grizzles lose all their key guys this offseason because they'll definitely be back with a vengeance next year, and I wouldn't bank on Mark Gasol getting hurt early on to derail their entire season like this year.

Did I mention San Antonio and The Thunder?

I'd be pleasantly surprised if The Clippers gained Dynasty status , but I just don't see it, this Team will go as far as Chris Paul's decline and Blake Griffin's eventual Knee problems.
    Last edited by HOoopCityJones; 03-09-2014 at 01:20 PM.