Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gortat unhappy

Default Re: Gortat unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Remember when Perkins was the key to OKC winning a title?
    Hehe yea, I remember that time vividly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Doubt Phoenix pulls the trigger.
    It would be questionable. They have no prospects at SG and Toronto's pick is a guaranteed lottery pick (as per the protections). In order to justify taking an overpaid Perkins until 2015 they could always throw in PJ3 and/or the Dallas 1st.

A Lamb, PJ3, lottery pick, 20ish pick and Perkins bad contract seems like overpaying, but if that's what it takes to grab Gortat (and Dudley to make it work) it might be worth it given that they don't have time to develop young guys.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    I can't believe OKC fans are so willing to just throw up PJ3, Lamb and that Toronto lottery pick for the likes of Martin Gortat.

He doesn't make them much better over Perkins and they lose both of the young, cheap assets they got from the Harden trade.
    Don't underrate Gortat. He is pretty good. Better offensively than Perkins and can get more rebounds. He is one of the good few centers in the league. He would help the Thunder a lot more than Perkins imo.

Buuut, I don't know how he would do against Howard. I don't know if Perkins do a better job guarding Howard than Gortat.

Banned

The source on who is interested is the same sports writer that interviewed Gortat. Likely Gortat himself told them who he is "interested". Their probably the locations he hopes to go to.

What about some sort of 3 way if phnx need a 2 guard. Orlando send redick, vucevic (he's getting a few double doubles this season) and pieces, OKC get Gortat, Orlando get picks\lamb\pj3 for their rebuild. Maybe perkins, lamb, pj3, first rounder to orlando, okc get gortat and harrington, phnx get redick and vucevic. Someone can have mcroberts too.
    Last edited by outbreak; 11-19-2012 at 07:01 PM.

A bonus would be that Gortat went against Dwight in practice for years. He knows more about defending Dwight than most people.

Gortat/Ibaka would be a great counter to Dwight/Gasol.

And if they do make it past the Lakers and meet Miami in the finals again:

Gortat/Ibaka vs. Bosh/Battier is a huge advantage for OKC.

Cali Love

boston could use him. their frontcourt is made of scrubs

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    boston could use him. their frontcourt is made of scrubs
    I agree. Boston needs him more than pretty much anyone else especially if they want to get past Miami & New York.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    A bonus would be that Gortat went against Dwight in practice for years. He knows more about defending Dwight than most people.

Gortat/Ibaka would be a great counter to Dwight/Gasol.

And if they do make it past the Lakers and meet Miami in the finals again:

Gortat/Ibaka vs. Bosh/Battier is a huge advantage for OKC.
    There is a video on YouTube with Dwight and gortat going one on one in practice. Dwight won but gortat blocked hos shot once and made him miss badly once. Gortat also scored on him n held his own.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Which is why OKC would be a great trade partner.

We have three first round picks and two rookies with good potential in Lamb and PJ3. We're obviously in "win now" mode. As much as I like the potential of Lamb and Jones, they aren't going to progress and develop in OKC as quickly as they would somewhere else. I'd like to hold on to Lamb if at all possible, but if it meant getting Gortat in return, I could living with losing him in the deal.
    You're not in win now mode. The Lakers are in win. now mode with a short window.

The Thunder are built for another 10 years and should make decisions based on that.

The Celtics can get him. Bass, Bradley, even Green...hell, maybe even Sullinger (would not want to tho)...you need a C.

Phoenix is one of those teams that Bynum should be looking at lol. Make it a 3way with the Sixers.

Or this plus two of the three potential 2013 first round draft picks we have.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

You gotta save the trade and then post that link.

I would do Perk + Lamb + Toronto pick + Dallas Pick for him. I would rather not package PJ3 as it would seem like an overpay. But OKC are probebly not going to go for him. Considering we arnt losing many games baadly, I dont see any trades coming until season is over

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Gortat would be a perfect fit for the Heat...
    Problem is money won't work

He runs , has low post play and has a great defensive presence.

One of my fav centers in the league.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Perks + Jones/Lamb + TOR '13 1st RD pick + DAL '13 1st RD pick
    My Suns will suck more than now without Gortat. but Suns ain't going to go far anywhere with this current team, not to mention they got little to no trading assets. Trading Gortat for some pieces to build into the future seems like a right way to go. I always been high on Lamb and the Suns can develop him while filling the void at the 2 guard slot. 2 future 1 rounders to help rebuild. Perks is meh but for all the other reasons i say if this is an offered deal for PHX, we take it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    There is a video on YouTube with Dwight and gortat going one on one in practice. Dwight won but gortat blocked hos shot once and made him miss badly once. Gortat also scored on him n held his own.
    And then in game D12 just shitted on Gortat and shut him down last week. Practice is practice. Games are games.