Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups TarCat's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome to the Charlotte Bobcats fan forum!

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Why would you not be able to visit the area where I'm sitting? I don't know anything about it other than my husband wanted me to get a good seat because it's my birthday present. Since I'm only drinking liquids and eating pudding it's doubtful that I'll do anything either before or after the game except drive from W-S to Charlotte and back to W-S.
    We received a call before the beginning of the season telling us that we could not access inner circle areas(sections 104-105-106 and 113-114-115). My husband and I were allowed to use the Backcourt restrooms for the past two years and were told that we could not do that anymore. Therefore, we relocated to row L from row A, not as many steps to climb to go to the restroom...LOL.

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TarCat
    We received a call before the beginning of the season telling us that we could not access inner circle areas(sections 104-105-106 and 113-114-115). My husband and I were allowed to use the Backcourt restrooms for the past two years and were told that we could not do that anymore. Therefore, we relocated to row L from row A, not as many steps to climb to go to the restroom...LOL.
    Let me see if I get this right. You and your husband have been season ticket holders for years and yet you are not good enough to use the good bathrooms....... I think you should piss on the damned court. (Excuse me but it's my west coast breeding that allows me to say such a thing).

I believe that I've come to one important conclusion about our team. Teams that win consistently have players who are consistent in their play. You know what to expect from them night in and night out. While our guys can show some pretty spectacular play at times, we will never win consistently when for example G-Force gets 34 points one night, six points another night, fourteen points another night. Ditto with our other guys and their stats. Do I make my point? We don't know who is going to show up each game. With rare exception. We can probably count on Okafor to average his double doubles and we can count on Augustine and Shannon Brown and Dudley to come out and play their best but there is no standard of play, no basic realistic expectation of performance. Every game is "lets see who shows up" and "lets see what %tage of them shows up." This situation has to be remedied. But how?

I believe that I've come to one important conclusion about our team. Teams that win consistently have players who are consistent in their play. You know what to expect from them night in and night out. While our guys can show some pretty spectacular play at times, we will never win consistently when for example G-Force gets 34 points one night, six points another night, fourteen points another night. Ditto with our other guys and their stats. Do I make my point? We don't know who is going to show up each game. With rare exception. We can probably count on Okafor to average his double doubles and we can count on Augustine and Shannon Brown and Dudley to come out and play their best but there is no standard of play, no basic realistic expectation of performance. Every game is "lets see who shows up" and "lets see what %tage of them shows up." This situation has to be remedied. But how?
    A lot of it is inherent in the game, matchups and positions. Usually a team will have one or two rocks that get pretty much the same numbers every night. All the others are variable depending on the matchups, play calling, etc. And then, of course, sometimes the shot just isn't falling. Right now Mek is our rock, both offensively and defensively. I think in LB's system, he really doesn't care who else is scoring as long as it happens while we play good team defense. The Knicks game was as balanced as our scoring has been among the starters yet. I think we're coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    A lot of it is inherent in the game, matchups and positions. Usually a team will have one or two rocks that get pretty much the same numbers every night. All the others are variable depending on the matchups, play calling, etc. And then, of course, sometimes the shot just isn't falling. Right now Mek is our rock, both offensively and defensively. I think in LB's system, he really doesn't care who else is scoring as long as it happens while we play good team defense. The Knicks game was as balanced as our scoring has been among the starters yet. I think we're coming along.
    Okay so I listened to the commentary tonight a bit more than usual and I think that I understand what you're saying. That doesn't mean that I believe that consistency of play is less important I just understand your point better because it was illustrated by Gerald Wallace's play tonight--helping to win the game on defense rather than offense.

Can anyone tell me why we still have Ryan Hollins?

Can anyone tell me why we still have Ryan Hollins?
    He's actually been playing with some zest of late, especially against Utah and Dallas.

Busy weekend. Go Bobcats! Go Panthers!

(I just love these little guys)

Would love for a winning weekend for Charlotte teams. 2 Bobcat wins and a Panther win!

So Sean May is out indefinitely. Our worst fears realized. Now who the he** is going to take him off of our hands..................

Will we have a CatCast tonight?

OWL, I was really busy today but i'm glad you made a CatCast. All of yall please feel free to make a gamethread, I don't always have to be the one to do them

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
    OWL, I was really busy today but i'm glad you made a CatCast. All of yall please feel free to make a gamethread, I don't always have to be the one to do them
    We would do a better job if we--at least I--knew where/how to find the links that you use and get them into a message here.

We would do a better job if we--at least I--knew where/how to find the links that you use and get them into a message here.
    All the images come from ESPN.com

I get the team logo's from the Preview under "NBA Scoreboard" and I get all the player photos from the team clubhouse page on espn.com

Do we have any chance of winning tonight's game?