Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
icemanfan
National High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default James White 13 feet up?

http://projectspurs.com/blog/2007/04...touch-13-feet/

Link shows his attempts at touching a ruler attached to the top of the backboard.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: James White 13 feet up?

why isin't this guy playing valuable minutes for the Spurs? just have Bruce Bowen teach all the defensive (or offensive depending how you look at it) moves and just insert him in the lineup. He can score and you really don't need to play that hard on defense if Tim Duncan is on your team

joking
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Topic has been done before but like I said in there, if he can't do it, very few people can. Dudes be listing all these 6'5 average ass athletes claiming they can do it. But it was good to actually see it attempted by someone to get a good gauge of how difficult it is. Travis Outlaw, Stromile Swift, Tyson Chandler, and Dwight Howard are the best guys I give a chance to
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

I wish they would take pictures from less hoax like angles though... you never can truly tell just how far they get up.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #5
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

go on youtube and find that Cincy dunk and he is legitimately ducking his head to avoid hitting it on the rim on the way down. Look at him on this mistimed self lob attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqV67rjx4Jo

It's not like SportsCenter showing the LeBron on Bobcats dunks from the high angle and drawing arrows claiming he's chest level, or freezing the dunk on Duncan and saying he is above the backboard. I wonder what his standing reach is though. Looking at someone with a similar build to him and length to him, Rawle Marshall (another guy listed as 6'7 in college, though he's actually 6'5.75), has an 8'8 standing reach and Julius Hodge who is a legit lanky 6'7 has an 8'11 reach. If James is 2 inches away from getting it, you are talking damn near a 48 inch leap.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Yeah, I've seen those before. I know the guy can seriously get up like no one else... His jumping from the free throw line showed that, still... the angles make it hard to judge accurately. I know he gets up, just hard to pinpoint exactly how high he gets up.. but yeah, the miss gives a good idea.

I remember seeing a Ralph Sampson poster as a kid and his hand was near the top of the backboard or something, at that age I didn't realize it was just the angle from how the picture was taken that made him look so high up.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

If only he had more basketball skills. still an amazing athlete.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ralph Sampson was 7'4'' with long ams and guard hops(34 inches standing I believe). He probably could get up there.

Quote:
Travis Outlaw, Stromile Swift, Tyson Chandler, and Dwight Howard are the best guys I give a chance to

Id add Hakim Warrick and Tyrus Thomas.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #9
amdee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

amdee has an OK reputation so far

Keon Clarke could probably do it as well I think.. with his sick long arms and pretty good hops
amdee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: