Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How good will Dwight Howard be in his prime if he's not already in it now?

My friend thinks current Dwight is better than prime Shaq, which resulted in me laughing in his face and telling him to watch old Shaq clips. Anyway, assuming Dwight isn't in his prime now(which he probably isn't), how good do you think he will be in his prime? I figure he will be a poor man's Olajuwon or poor man's Shaq.

Default Re: How good will Dwight Howard be in his prime if he's not already in it now?

Olaujuwon and Shaq had skills that Dwight can only dream of. Personally I think this is his plateau. You were right to laugh in your friend's face.

Default Re: How good will Dwight Howard be in his prime if he's not already in it now?

he can definitely have a better offensive game but he will always need good outside shooters to give him a chance in the lane.

Patrick Ewingish prime.

Ewing's best season:

28.6 PPG on 55%
    11 RBP
    4 BPG
    1 SPG

Banned

I was thinking he was gonna go nutz when he had 11 rebounds in todays game....

He merely ended with 20 rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Patrick Ewingish prime.

Ewing's best season:

28.6 PPG on 55%
    11 RBP
    4 BPG
    1 SPG

Barkley and Ewing should have been #1 and #2 that year in MVP voting.

or maybe more like a DRobinson type prime:

One of DRob's best seasons:

25.6 PPg on 55%
    13 RPG
    3.9 BPG
    1.5 SPG

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    or maybe more like a DRobinson type prime:

One of DRob's best seasons:

25.6 PPg on 55%
    13 RPG
    3.9 BPG
    1.5 SPG

Everything except the points seem to be good IMO. I don't think Dwight has the offensive versatility to average 25 PPG. Shaq got to the foul line 13 times a game in his prime, 11 and change for Admiral, and only 8 for Dream.

The one thing these guys have on Dwight is they could score in so many ways. Shaq had his hook shot, not to mention he simply overpowered anyone, even while being double and even triple teamed.

Admiral had the athleticism of a swingman and could dominant in the paint or from the perimeter with his jump shot.

Dream was so smooth he could simply fake you out, and he could also shoot.

Dwight can't shoot and his offensive game is not that versatile.

National High School Star

He's nowhere near a prime Shaq at this point. LOL @ that idea. There is more to the game than just numbers.

Dwight will still get better. He needs to learn how to pass the ball though. He's much shorter than Shaq so I don't know if he's ever going to have that court vision and passing ability, but his passing will get better than it is now.

Learning to shoot layups

a bit better than kevin willis at peak

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    My friend thinks current Dwight is better than prime Shaq, which resulted in me laughing in his face and telling him to watch old Shaq clips. Anyway, assuming Dwight isn't in his prime now(which he probably isn't), how good do you think he will be in his prime? I figure he will be a poor man's Olajuwon or poor man's Shaq.

Let me put it to you like this....He wont even be as GOOD as prime Shaq, when he finally reaches his OWN prime years.

How old is your friend? Im CURIOUS.

Even if Dwight doesn't improve and just having the same number, he still owns the rest of the league. Shaq, Admiral, Dream....there's no time machine for them to come back boys.

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

No offence, but your fren is a f*cking moron

i forgot how sick shaq was back in the days until i saw his stats against the kings back in like 2002.. he was putting up like 40ppg, 15rpg for a whole series in the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Let me put it to you like this....He wont even be as GOOD as prime Shaq, when he finally reaches his OWN prime years.

How old is your friend? Im CURIOUS.

21 in a few months. He's an uneducated basketball fan. He also said Dennis Rodman sucked.