Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Because it was based on when he's healthy, of course.
    he was healthy in this years playoffs...that is why he played

If Dirk had Amare he probably wouldnt be the best player on the Mavs. Lets get real for a second. Dirk has Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Now those two arent worthy? Amare doesnt make Nash better....Nash has performed WELL without Amare. We've yet to see the reverse over a significant period of time. And Amare if anything has benefitted from Nash prescence via the pick n roll. Thats not saying Amare is stuck on stupid without Nash and cant score. Just that we dont know how he could handle the situation without a PG like Nash ie one who looks to get him the ball. Can Amare do it? Probably, some feel he can others are leary.

With Nash there is no question of how he produces without Amare. He won MVP. You wanna take the award away? Fine have it, give it to whomever. But he still proved he can get the job done without Amare. So this triple teamed BS is hilarious because how often does Dirk get tripled teamed? Sit there and think because the TRUTH of the matter is Dirk SOLD OUT vs a team of midgets. Dirk is the one who couldnt capatilze on mismatches. Dirk is the one who found himself not being able to post up a smaller defender. Dirk is the one who shot under 40% FG making Allen Iverson look like MJ in efficiency. Mofos DOG AI and his FG% yet a 7 foot, known shooter named Dirk shoots 38% for the series (6gms)? He shot 21% from downtown (4-19)?

But chalk it up to him being tripled team right? Why didnt everyone in the league think of defending Dirk like GSW did during the 82gm season.

F*ck outta here. D.Wade was always ranked over Dirk on my top 5.
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-01-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    Healthy? The man dislocated his shoulder. He wasn't 100% at all after it. He needed surgery. It was like playing on a bandaged broken leg. You get used to it, but it still denies you the chance to play at your best.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that the Heat had a losing record when Wade got injured....and then Shaq brought them back up.

They were at .500 when Wade got injured. The Heat picked up the pase and went 16-8 while Wade was injured. Shaq led the way for the most part while Wade was out but to suggest that he's soley responsible for the Heat makeing the playoffs is ignortant not to mention ridiculous because you're completly discounting the games that Shaq missed which was more than half the season.

Not airballing my layups anymore iggy_needs_help's Avatar

1.Duncan
    2. Kobe
    3. Lebron
    4. Nash
    5. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    I hope you're not implying he hasn't proven he's top 5 worthy.
    He didn't prove it that to me this season.

Well of course right now Dirk > Wade, because Wade's injured. That's easy. But when Wade is healthy, he's the better player.
    I respectfully disagree. In the 2006-2007 season Dwayne Wade didn't demonstrate to me that he was a top 5 player over Dirk. If he played the whole season maybe he would've proven that, but since he wasn't there to prove it, I'd give Dirk the nod over him.

Look at it this way. What did Dwayne Wade do this season to prove that he was a top 5 player, let alone better than Dirk? For all we know he may be on the decline for the rest of his career (probably not but who knows?), because of that reason, I would not put him in my top 5. It's not his fault, but that's how it is, he needs to prove himself every season.

you could tell he wasnt healthy..he was a full step to low and finishing below the rim and not exploding....

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If Dirk had Amare he probably wouldnt be the best player on the Mavs.
    you're a fool....Dirk would have countless wide open shots and would be in the running for a scoring title.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    But chalk it up to him being tripled team right? Why didnt everyone in the league think of defending Dirk like GSW did during the 82gm series.
    because GS is the only team that plays small ball....they don't play with a center, they play with 2 guards and 3 forwards...they left Damp/Diop alone and tripled up on Dirk...other teams don't have that ability...

now I am not saying that Dirk didn't have a bad series, but there are legit reasons that GS gave Dirk much more problems that other teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Young HkM

I respectfully disagree. In the 2006-2007 season Dwayne Wade didn't demonstrate to me that he was a top 5 player over Dirk. If he played the whole season maybe he would've proven that, but since he wasn't there to prove it, I'd give Dirk the nod over him.

Look at it this way. What did Dwayne Wade do this season to prove that he was a top 5 player, let alone better than Dirk? For all we know he may be on the decline for the rest of his career (probably not but who knows?), because of that reason, I would not put him in my top 5. It's not his fault, but that's how it is, he needs to prove himself every season.
    it doesnt have to be over Dirk...Dirk isnt a top 5 player because he has disqualified himself by getting owned by D-Wade and GS...Your 7 foot and cant post up Monta Ellis...Come ON!!!!

I told yall before when he couldnt post up Steve Nash something was up...Dirk is soft like CHARMIN...Wade wipes his *** with him, and so does Stephen Jackson.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Free
    They were at .500 when Wade got injured. The Heat picked up the pase and went 16-8 while Wade was injured. Shaq led the way for the most part while Wade was out but to suggest that he's soley responsible for the Heat makeing the playoffs is ignortant not to mention ridiculous because you're completly discounting the games that Shaq missed which was more than half the season.
    still, you just proved that it was Shaq that had to dig the team out of the hole without the help of Wade...they wouldn't have even made the playoofs without Shaq

Well I was obviously referring to, you know, when he's capabple of playing his best.
    In the 2006-2007 season Dwayne Wade didn't demonstrate to me that he was a top 5 player over Dirk.
    For reasons I already stated.
    What did Dwayne Wade do this season to prove that he was a top 5 player, let alone better than Dirk?
    This season alone? He hasn't been top 5 material. Not to make excuses, but because of the sole purpose that he was nursing a severe shoulder injury.
    It's not his fault, but that's how it is, he needs to prove himself every season.
    Fair enough.

you're a fool....Dirk would have countless wide open shots and would be in the running for a scoring title.

because GS is the only team that plays small ball....they don't play with a center, they play with 2 guards and 3 forwards...they left Damp/Diop alone and tripled up on Dirk...other teams don't have that ability...

now I am not saying that Dirk didn't have a bad series, but there are legit reasons that GS gave Dirk much more problems that other teams...
    Please explain to me then while 1 on 1...Stephen Jackson throw his shot off the backboard 3 times...Why he passed up shots...why he couldnt post up Monta Ellis..

Dirk wasnt triple teamed......Dirk was exposed..

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

still, you just proved that it was Shaq that had to dig the team out of the hole without the help of Wade...they wouldn't have even made the playoofs without Shaq
    And they wouldn't have made the playoffs without Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    it doesnt have to be over Dirk...Dirk isnt a top 5 player because he has disqualified himself by getting owned by D-Wade and GS...Your 7 foot and cant post up Monta Ellis...Come ON!!!!

I told yall before when he couldnt post up Steve Nash something was up...Dirk is soft like CHARMIN...Wade wipes his *** with him, and so does Stephen Jackson.
    It's not really about Dirk though, it's the idea that a player that failed to prove himself in the 2006-07 season but still manages to make my top 5.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Young HkM
    this is all that needs to be said...

no everone go back to your lists and take Wade out