Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Steph is beyond amazing and deserve to be called the best but...

...I feel KD and LeBron are underrated atm when I look at twitter reactions and the media. I mean Steph clearly showed his peak level the most this season and therefore he easily deserves to be considered the MVP for his amazing season but to act that he is a clearly superior player to KD and LeBron IN GENERAL, is quite unfair to both of these 2 imo. We have to look at the whole picture. Media loves to ignore the fact that GSW is perfectly built around Steph and that help him to be that great. An all-time great supporting cast, great culture and coaching that helps a superstar like Steph be the best player he can be. If you look at KD's career so far, he wasn't as fortunate. Never had a good coach in his whole career or a supporting cast near as good as Steph's GSW and OKC's management is probably the worst in the league. These things obviously play a big role and it shows that it takes a lot to win a championship. Winning championships is a team achievement and many things have to go right. GSW are Spurs are perfect example of extremely successful franchises in the last 6/7 years. They always make the right moves and now they are getting their reward. They have amazing teams that made historic numbers in the RS.

But please Steph fans don't get me wrong, I think he fully deserve every praise he gets. Great supporting cast or not, he deserves to be called the best player in the world because he showed his best on regular basis this season. I just feel my fav player (KD) is getting really underrated when compared to him (not talking about this season just in general). Kevin has been an elite player for a long time (for longer period than Steph and they are at the same age) yet he doesn't get the appreciation he deserves. His MVP season wasn't less spectacular than Steph's 2nd MVP season if you take everything into consideration and not just look at stats and team wins. He showed his peak level consistently in the 2013/2014, like Steph did this season and carried a much worse team than GSW to 2nd seed in the West.

Also now, I feel even LeBron getting a bit underrated and I'm not even a fan. The man proved many times he can make any team a legit contender. His impact is phenomenal. Even if you hate him, you can't deny that. His best MVP season obviously not any less great than Steph's best MVP season.

All in all, I think we have 3 extremely special players. What a great era of superstars we are living in atm. Curry/LeBron/Durant era Kawhi is a beast too and he is only 24

Banned

Default Re: Steph is beyond amazing and deserve to be called the best but...

Durant has been complete ass this postseason.

curry/durant/lebron/kawhi are all better than kobe.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

the games moved on, you need a superfluous team that is built around one supreme level talent. KD is a great shooter, but hes no Curry. Him and Lebron can effect the game in many ways but its an archaic way of playing because its hard to build a superfluous team when one player has to scrap around the court doing a million things.

There is no situation where a team built around KD or Bron appropriately will surpass a team built around Curry because at the end of the day the game requires you to score, and they both can't do that as well as Curry.

Durant and Curry are on a completely different pedestal from LeBald, he shouldn't be in this discussion. But I do agree that Durant is becoming underrated.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    the games moved on, you need a superfluous team that is built around one supreme level talent. KD is a great shooter, but hes no Curry. Him and Lebron can effect the game in many ways but its an archaic way of playing because its hard to build a superfluous team when one player has to scrap around the court doing a million things.

There is no situation where a team built around KD or Bron appropriately will surpass a team built around Curry because at the end of the day the game requires you to score, and they both can't do that as well as Curry.

Yea, except Curry cant play D. Not every team will have a Klay Thompson so Curry can hide on defense

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush

Yea, except Curry cant play D. Not every team will have a Klay Thompson so Curry can hide on defense
    every statistical metric disagrees with you.

including being the league leader in steals

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    every statistical metric disagrees with you.

including being the league leader in steals
    Thats like thinking blocks=great defense

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Born Sinner's Avatar

Put your helmet back on

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Steph Curry is easily a top 5 defender at the point guard position

Curry is an elite defender, you dumbass usekess piece of shyt. Do you even watch basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Steph Curry is easily a top 5 defender at the point guard position
    Why does every Stan do this? You know this isn't true.

Very good NBA starter

The problem for Durant is that Curry does everything he does only better. Shoot the 3 better, finish better at rim. Neither plays defense.

Lebron is not close to either in scoring this season. He is tiers below.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Curry is an elite defender, you dumbass usekess piece of shyt. Do you even watch basketball?

Kill yourself.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    The problem for Durant is that Curry does everything he does only better. Shoot the 3 better, finish better at rim. Neither plays defense.

Lebron is not close to either in scoring this season. He is tiers below.
    Lebron is not on their level scoring but he never had their mentality to score he just was able to average 30ppg. True talent.

If you are starting a team from scratch most people would select Durant over curry.