Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default How many championships do Lakers win with Mcgrady from 2000-2004?

in place of kobe

- those are the years shaq was in his prime
    - tmac in his prime/relatively healthy those seasons

i believe these 2 have better in-game chemistry and could potentially win 4. thoughts?

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: How many championships do Lakers win with Mcgrady from 2000-2004?

all of them

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I could see them winning 4 assuming they don't have locker room/chemistry issues

first round exit every time

I don't know. Kobe was a killer. TMac, at least to me, always came across as guy who can get his but can't make people around him better. You can't win that way in basketball. The history of the league has a lot of great scorers who couldn't elevate the level of his teammates. There is a right way and wrong way to play the game.

So who knows. I'll let the TMac fans say "4".

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Tmac wasn't the player that Kobe was mentally. He had that 89 Pippen syndrome.

People forget how many great vets this Laker team had outside of the dynamic duo. Guys like Fish, Horry, Shaw, Fox, etc. All winners. All killers. All clutch. All into playing team ball. I don't know if you throw in a ball dominant guy like McGrady into the mix and things just work out. Most talent on a team doesn't necessarily mean the better team. The pieces have to fit.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I don't know. Kobe was a killer. TMac, at least to me, always came across as guy who can get his but can't make people around him better. You can't win that way in basketball. The history of the league has a lot of great scorers who couldn't elevate the level of his teammates. There is a right way and wrong way to play the game.

So who knows. I'll let the TMac fans say "4".
    westbrook has the same mentality as kobe, and tmac was just as ball dominant as kobe. as far as efficiency & results go, not much difference between them. westbrook & kobe shoot a lot of shots & get bailed out by their bigmen (durant is basically 7 foot).

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    westbrook has the same mentality as kobe, and tmac was just as ball dominant as kobe. as far as efficiency & results go, not much difference between them. westbrook & kobe shoot a lot of shots & get bailed out by their bigmen (durant is basically 7 foot).

I'd say there is a big ****ing difference in the results department.

Let's not pretend Tmac didn't have decent squads in Orlando and a Top Center of the Era in Yao during Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Tmac wasn't the player that Kobe was mentally. He had that 89 Pippen syndrome.
    You have to consider that he would be coached by Phil Jackson.

Dunking on everybody in the park

They'd probably win 3 as well, idk if it would be the same years though.

4peat easily. Maybe even 5peat.

01, 02, 04...probably 03. I can't see T-Mac playing worse than Kobe did in that Spurs series.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    01, 02, 04...probably 03. I can't see T-Mac playing worse than Kobe did in that Spurs series.
    Wait, but I thought Kobe's supposed to be the Spurs "killer"

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

It depends. How was Tmac playing against the spurs and the kings during those years? That's where the finals was played 2000-2003.

Anyone that watched basketball knows what type of numbers kobe put up in the west conference playoff runs....