Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most overrated / underrated team for next season?

For me, the most Overrated is the Bulls as people believe they will make it to ECF/Final.

Underrated will be my Lakers. We will make a big push as no nobody believes.

Default Re: Most overrated / underrated team for next season?

Most overrated ? Washington by far. I don't understand people have had claims off "this is the best big man prediction", "lock for Top 3 seed", and "They could win the East #1 seed", etc... from getting old man Paul Pierce, Dejuan Blair, and Kris Humphries, while losing their best perimeter defender.

Most underrated ? Indiana and Miami. They lost key players, but I keep seem people thinking they won't make the playoffs or "their done". I think they will be in the hunt for the division, while still making some noise in the playoffs.

NBA lottery pick

Okc most overrated, Knicks are being underrated

I'm going with the Raptors as overrated. Hear some people placing them as a top 2 contender in the East. They are solid, no doubt, but not that solid.

The Pelicans are quite under looked. Losing Aminu hurt, but if they can snag Marion and get Jrue & EJ healthy, they can be a serious #5 seed contender in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I'm going with the Raptors as overrated. Hear some people placing them as a top 2 contender in the East. They are solid, no doubt, but not that solid.
    Only person who probably have them that high is myself, but I don't think they are contender. They are very few contenders in the league and the East has none as of the moment. The reason I had them that high is because of the division we are in.

Majority seems split on putting them top or bottom 4 in the East Top 8. Infact, most will have them in the bottom half. Some say they were fluke last year.

So outside of me, not many overrates them.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Overrated:
    Washington - Losing Ariza will hurt big time, and i expect Nene/Gortat to regress
    Clippers - Are gonna be worse off than last year

Underrated:
    Suns - Not many have them in the playoff race
    Cavs - Any team with Bron is gonna be good off the bat; 1 seed.

Bulls are most overrated followed by tha raptors and wizards and knicks are most underrated.
    Last edited by Real14; 07-24-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Overrated:
    Washington - Losing Ariza will hurt big time, and i expect Nene/Gortat to regress
    Clippers - Are gonna be worse off than last year

Underrated:
    Cavs - Any team with Bron is gonna be good off the bat; 1 seed.
    So improving the depth up front. The team, hopefully, remaining healthy. More improvement from DJ & Blake = worse?

Cavs are underrated, despite most saying they are conference favorites?

Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Only person who probably have them that high is myself, but I don't think they are contender. They are very few contenders in the league and the East has none as of the moment. The reason I had them that high is because of the division we are in.

Majority seems split on putting them top or bottom 4 in the East Top 8. Infact, most will have them in the bottom half. Some say they were fluke last year.

So outside of me, not many overrates them.
    I've seen plenty of people put them as the #2 seed behind Cleveland. East is wide open, and they'll be battling for #4 with Atlanta and Washington (I have them at #5 personally). Winning the division should be a cinch for them as well, unless Melo goes Gawd Mode

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I've seen plenty of people put them as the #2 seed behind Cleveland. East is wide open, and they'll be battling for #4 with Atlanta and Washington (I have them at #5 personally). Winning the division should be a cinch for them as well, unless Melo goes Gawd Mode
    Perhaps your right, I do see on other boards them pretty high. However, they are a young team with a lot to prove and did improve (while not that great improvement) their bench and brought back all the key players. It should be a solid 9 man rotation and I wouldn't doubt Masai would move some more pieces.

By the way, if they win the division, they are guaranteed a Top 4 seed in the East. If you just mean by records or overall strength, I can't disagree with #5.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Underrated:
    Can you blame them ?

The West will be even more loaded next season. If Phoenix makes it, all the power to them and the ones who believed they could make it but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Okc most overrated, Knicks are being underrated
    I am curious how Oklahoma City is overrated when they made it to at least the conference finals in three of the last four seasons and the only season they didn't make it was when when Russell Westbrook was injured for all but two games of the playoffs in 2013.

In addition to their playoff success, they also have the second-best record over the last 4 years. If anything, they have been very unfortunate to incur serious injuries to two of their best players in the last two playoff runs, Westbrook and Ibaka.

Remarkably in spite of all the success in the last four seasons, the average age of this roster going into next season is currently only 25 years of age. Other than injuries, it is difficult to imagine that they are anything worse than the third best team in the league next season.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    I am curious how Oklahoma City is overrated when they made it to at least the conference finals in three of the last four seasons and the only season they didn't make it was when when Russell Westbrook was injured for all but two games of the playoffs in 2013.

In addition to their playoff success, they also have the second-best record over the last 4 years. If anything, they have been very unfortunate to incur serious injuries to two of their best players in the last two playoff runs, Westbrook and Ibaka.

Remarkably in spite of all the success in the last four seasons, the average age of this roster going into next season is currently only 25 years of age. Other than injuries, it is difficult to imagine that they are anything worse than the third best team in the league next season.
    Cause people will always place them as contenders when I can't see them winning with a coach like brooks. The way they play basketball isn't gonna win a title this year

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Lakers are definitely the most overrated if only for the OP.

Underrated would be Charlotte, probably. Brought another creator and good defensive player in to a team who were great defensively but a bit one-dimensional offensively. I'd expect them to be top-5 this year in the East.

Underrated probably the Bobcats.

Overrated... Mavs or Cleveland.

We'll see if Lebron truly is the messiah because that Cavs team last year was garbage.

Overrated: Rockets. They might miss the playoffs.

Underrated: Clippers. They had a great season though it was just their 1st year with Doc. I think they're gonna be a Finals caliber team this year.