Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can't wait to see how the Heat do this season

I'm envisioning around 47 to 50 wins 4th or 5th place in the east if everybody stays halfway healthy

The LeBron haters will be out in full force if the Heat have a strong season (they likely will). It's so stupid though. Every team and every season is unique.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Just getting the Cavs to the playoffs will enhance his legacy by leaps and bounds. The Cavs have been the biggest joke in the league since he left, and getting this group of scrubs to the playoffs would be impossible for almost any other star. Nothing is impossible for Bron doe.
    oh please.. the Cavs missed the playoffs by what? 5 games with a crap coach... A good coach and another years maturity among the kids alone would make them a playoff team

The overrating of Lebron next season has already begun

Miami have always had major flaws in PG and front court. Lebron's greatness made up for that but now I have no idea. You got to rely on Chalmers doing point guard work and Bosh being a center in a team that can't use the small ball with Lebron any more. Lebron had to clock in so many minutes and it still wasn't a smooth ride. Now without Lebron?

Chalmers and Cole must be the worst tandem in the league right now while Haslem, Birdman, McRoberts and whatever at front court is really weak. And who is Wade's reserve now? Rookie Ennis? Wade takes games off, the SG position could also become a problem.

Banned

Would love to see them make it back to the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    LeBron "did it by himself", so he should be guaranteed championship in Cleveland, right?

If not then can we count that as another tarnish to his legacy.

Right?

Right.
    Says the guy who repeatedly called Wade and Bosh superstars

This Heat season will be telling for the direction of the franchise. A strong playoff run will show that this team has some legit gas left in the tank.

A flame-out and playoff-miss will probably lead to a rebuild and validate LeBron's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Miami have always had major flaws in PG and front court. Lebron's greatness made up for that but now I have no idea. You got to rely on Chalmers doing point guard work and Bosh being a center in a team that can't use the small ball with Lebron any more. Lebron had to clock in so many minutes and it still wasn't a smooth ride. Now without Lebron?

Chalmers and Cole must be the worst tandem in the league right now while Haslem, Birdman, McRoberts and whatever at front court is really weak. And who is Wade's reserve now? Rookie Ennis? Wade takes games off, the SG position could also become a problem.
    FINALLY, a realistic Heat fan! Does anyone realize just how many times Lebron had to go HAM last season just for the Heat to even have a chance? Any now people wanna pretend that Chalmers, old and hobbled Wade, and a soft as cottonelle tissue Bosh are going to make noise this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    oh please.. the Cavs missed the playoffs by what? 5 games with a crap coach... A good coach and another years maturity among the kids alone would make them a playoff team

The overrating of Lebron next season has already begun
    Missed the playoffs by 5 games in the weakest conference ever!
    Stop trying to make lame excuses about coaching. They had a different coach the 3 previous years and still couldn't come close to making the playoffs! They have the fewest wins of any team in the league since Lebron left. As I said, they have been the laughing stock of the league these last 4 years.

I'm excited for Heat basketball regardless if we suck or not. I'm always excited for my teams.

I don't really see them transitioning well into life without Lebron. I mean the Heat really rebuilt about as good as they could under the circumstances. They got some good pieces, but they lack an identity and it's been a while since either of Wade/Bosh were the number one guy. How many games will Wade even play next year? Who knows. The Deng pickup is nice, but he's never been a guy to go out and get his own shot. I think they start off the year slow and end up a middle of the pack playoff team in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    FINALLY, a realistic Heat fan! Does anyone realize just how many times Lebron had to go HAM last season just for the Heat to even have a chance? Any now people wanna pretend that Chalmers, old and hobbled Wade, and a soft as cottonelle tissue Bosh are going to make noise this year?
    He's not a Heat fan. He's Pauk.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This is one of those rare times when you see a championship team almost wholly intact but without their best player. The only other time that comes to mind is the Bulls after their first three peat when Jordan retired. They're probably not going to get to the finals, but I can't wait to see how this team does this season. They're surprisingly solid and should be a lock for a top spot in the east. Would love to see them tangle with the Knicks if they don't play the Cavs.
    They lost some wetness too and got older.

Otherwise, their main advantage should be knowing bron. They have way more than Cleveland did when he left and can legitly beat bron. Still wanna see someone put bron on his back. That's common procedure so we shall see. Just to say, these aren't your friends anymore.

-Smak

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He's not a Heat fan. He's Pauk.
    Has this been confirmed?...they both give me the same vibe...

Learning to shoot layups

This is one of those rare times when you see a championship team almost wholly intact but without their best player. The only other time that comes to mind is the Bulls after their first three peat when Jordan retired. They're probably not going to get to the finals, but I can't wait to see how this team does this season. They're surprisingly solid and should be a lock for a top spot in the east. Would love to see them tangle with the Knicks if they don't play the Cavs.
    Did Heat win 2014?