Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default If LeBron doesn't win another ring...

How can people justify putting him in the top 10 players of all time?

One of his rings came in a lockout season, and the other is Ray Allen's ring. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will occur in years to come, along with 2007, 2010, 2011...

When it's all said and done, LeBron will be ranked right next to Dirk. @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.

Default Re: If LeBron doesn't win another ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    How can people justify putting him in the top 10 players of all time?
    Wilt Chamberlain and Hakeem Olajuwon are usually always on arbitrary Top 10 all-time lists, especially Wilt. They both have the exact number of rings and LeBron James.

Besides, it's all subjective. Justification of somebody's personal Top 10 is all under their criteria, not a singular way of thinking.

I don't take rings into consideration when I'm trying to come up with my top 10 lists. It's a team victory. Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.
    Not that I'm saying Dirk is over them, but give reasons as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't take rings into consideration when I'm trying to come up with my top 10 lists. It's a team victory. Dirk has one and Barkley and Malone don't. There's no way in hell I'm gonna have Dirk ranked higher than them.
    Every player plays to win. Which is why everyone in Majority ppls top 10 has won titles and Finals MVPs.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Shaq
    Duncan

And who ever else you wanna add (this is generally the 9 players in ppls top 10, just with different orders)

So we don't believe in your shit bro...

How can people justify putting Kobe in the top 10 players of all time?

His first three rings were gifted by Shaq, the fourth was because KG, Yao Ming and Tmac were injured, and the final one is Gasol and Artest's ring for bailing his 6-24 ass out. Then you have all the subsequent failures that will come in years to come, along with 2004, 2008, 2011..

When it's all said and done, Kobe will be ranked right next to Dirk. @ all this GOAT jargon that is tossed around on this forum,.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Well he's going to be way up there in the scoring list once he is finished, is probably going to be #1 in both All Star appearances and All NBA First teams, that coupled with his already great resume[MVPs and Championships]should put him in the top 10 comfortably.
    Only reason I don't rank him in the top 10 already is that he hasn't done the things I project he'll do eventually.
    I'm more comfortable with having Kobe and Duncan in my top 10 despite still playing, because their career seems to be finished or the most of it and their legacy is more or less cemented as for Lebron we don't know yet if he'll stay at 10 or move to top 5.

The ISH'ers Champion!

To correct OP. Lebron is a boderline Top 15 player of all time. Behind the likes of Oscar Robertson, Dr. J, The Logo, Shaq...etc

His rings pretty much weight less than thin air.....You can only rank him based on his MVP's.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 08-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller

To correct OP. Lebron is a boderline Top 15 player of all time. Behind the likes of Oscar Robertson, Dr. J, The Logo, Shaq...etc

His rings are pretty much weight less than thin air....you can only rank him based on his MVP's.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller

His rings pretty much weight less than thin air.....You can only rank him based on his MVP's.
    It doesn't matter how many times you post that picture, it's never going to be funny to anyone other than other Kobe fanboys.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LeBron>>>>>Kobe

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    It doesn't matter how many times you post that picture, it's never going to be funny to anyone other than other Kobe fanboys.
    Thanks for your opinion. For a second there I got the feeling you were supposed to laugh. Then I remembered, 2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics - now that makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Not that I'm saying Dirk is over them, but give reasons as to why.
    Impact on the game and stats. That's really it right there. I use the eyeball test more than anything. I also take into consideration who they went up against. The downside on that though, is that I don't have a real appreciation of the players before my time. I mean, I don't think Bill Russell is better than Wilt. Not a better player. Just was part of better teams.

LeBron is already in the top 10. I've got him at 10. Until someone passes him up, he's already there. I honestly see him ending up top 5 and I hate it, but gotta respect greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Every player plays to win. Which is why everyone in Majority ppls top 10 has won titles and Finals MVPs.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Shaq
    Duncan

And who ever else you wanna add (this is generally the 9 players in ppls top 10, just with different orders)

So we don't believe in your shit bro...
    It's not for anybody else to believe in killa. I view basketball differently than you do I assume. I look at it more from a coach's perspective and not so much as a fan of a player.