Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Derrick Rose vs. Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    Don't count out Melo just yet.
    I won't count him out, but Durant is already on pace to surpassing him as a player, might have already done it. 2x scoring titles. Does the only thing Melo does well, just as good if not better. I don't see Melo doing it while sharing a court with Amare. Not enough all around impact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    I won't count him out, but Durant is already on pace to surpassing him as a player, might have already done it. 2x scoring titles. Does the only thing Melo does well, just as good if not better. I don't see Melo doing it while sharing a court with Amare. Not enough all around impact.
    OKC has been good the last couple of years, if NY can get a solid record next year and Melo is clearly their best player (which I think he is), can you imagine the kind of media hype they'd be getting for putting the Knicks back on the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Durant easily simply because he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be affective. DRose is just a Stevie Franchise on crack anyway :p
    **** out of here with dat sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    Melo is clearly their best player (which I think he is)
    You're wrong. At worst Amare is just as good.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Durant being more efficient means he is a better scorer not less of a shotjacker. A shotjacker is a guy that takes a lot of bad shots this is exactly what Durant does Rose doesn't take as many bad shots.
    A shot jacker is someone who shoots a lot of shots, takes bad selections, and misses most of their shots. Using your definition you mind as well call Dirk a shotjacker because some of the shit he throws up looks impossible to make.

Decent college freshman

I would like to hear a good case for Amar'e being better than Carmelo . . .

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    How can anyone say Rose is the better defender? Just because the rest of Rose's team plays great team defense does not imply that he is the better defender. Durant made key blocks to end games this year. Yeah of course that alone does not make Durant the better defender but that means he is the better clutch defender.

Plus Rose was competing against Darren Collison, Jeff Teague, and Chalmers in the playoffs no offense but that is that saddest trio of competition in the playoffs maybe ever at a single position
    You do realize Rose was guarding LeBron and D Wade who both are twice his size and still had to convert on the offensive end right?

It's virtually already etched in stone. I mean LeBron and Wade canceled each other out. One of them would have to take a HUGE back seat statistically for the other to even get recognition. Rose, he isn't winning back to back MVPs. The only other legit option is Durant. Media darling, and new golden boy.
    He was favourite this past season too

It's only a matter of time but it depends on how good of a record thunder have.

gtfo

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    You do realize Rose was guarding LeBron and D Wade who both are twice his size and still had to convert on the offensive end right?
    Rose did not guard LeBron at any point in the ECF, but he did cover Wade. Lebron was being guarded by Deng at least 95% of the time and I'm guessing the other 5% of the time Lebron was being covered by Brewer or Korver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Durant easily simply because he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be affective. DRose is just a Stevie Franchise on crack anyway :p
    I think you mean Durant doesn't need to ball in his hands to create his own shot because he doesn't really impact the game outside of his scoring. Derrick Rose can at least get his teammates involved when he is having a cold shooting night.