Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: So is Jabari Parker clearly the ROY so far?

Yeah, looking at Mirotic's stats has me impressed.

Chicago's frontcourt is ****ing loaded.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Jason Kidd's not playing him + Knight's chucking + Knight's lack of point guard skills is hurting his production and growth.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...kies/sort/VORP
    Its easy to say this... But as I said, the Bucks are winning. By the time it gets to the end of the season, if the Bucks are in the Playoffs I could see him doing some work.

Banned

Parker is by far the best player in this draft right now. He is the only rotation minute rookie right now averaging 15+ PER (homeboy Wiggins is at 9 PER with the 3rd lowest assist rate)

Jason Kidd's not playing him + Knight's chucking + Knight's lack of point guard skills is hurting his production and growth.

Gordon was above 15 PER before going down, he was leading rookies before being hurt and that was with some poor games early. He looked much better than I thought he would look this early but still Parker is FAR more refined offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Gordon was above 15 PER before going down, he was leading rookies before being hurt and that was with some poor games early. He looked much better than I thought he would look this early but still Parker is FAR more refined offensively.
    Gordon plays half the minutes. 15 mpg is very different from almost 30 mpg.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Wasn't this draft class supposed to be on par with 2003?

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

By default, sure, but he is putting up 10ppg as his teams 1st option.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    Knight and Oj Majo?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior

Parker is by far the best player in this draft right now. He is the only rotation minute rookie right now averaging 15+ PER (homeboy Wiggins is at 9 PER with the 3rd lowest assist rate)

This isn't against Parker, but Mirotic is a huge rotation player right now with Taj hurt and Noah on minute restriction. Mirotic's per is at 15.85.

In the last 5 games since Niko has truly joined the rotation, he is avg 12.6/8.6/1.6 with 1.0spg/1.4bpg/1.6 3pg. Those are nice numbers for 26.7 mpg in that span. He's also shooting 48% from the field in that stretch and 47% from 3 pt.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 12-02-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    This isn't against Parker, but Mirotic is a huge rotation player right now with Taj hurt and Noah on minute restriction. Mirotic's per is at 15.85.

In the last 5 games since Niko has truly joined the rotation, he is avg 12.6/8.6/1.6 with 1.0spg/1.4bpg/1.6 3pg. Those are nice numbers for 26.7 mpg in that span. He's also shooting 48% from the field in that stretch and 47% from 3 pt.
    I've watched a lot of Bulls games, I would have no problem with Niko winning ROY. Dude's gonna be special, he's just so damn unique and his game is so versatile, he's gonna cover up a lot of their flaws going forward. Can shoot the lights out, can put the ball on the floor and out-quick most big men, can block shots, can pass, just an all-around beast for a rookie.

So far I'm disappointed about this rookie draft class. Based on their hype before the draft, I was expecting these guys to drop like 20ppg on consistent basis every night. It is said that they're the best draft class since 2003 so far they aren't. I like Bulls picks tho.

I echo some of the sentiments so far regarding Jabari and Niko being the leading candidates.

Have watched almost every game of both (as a Jabari fan, and Bulls fan). Brandon Knight is killing Jabari Parker. I'm convinced of that, and have been since the beginning of the season. Knight is the king of wasting the shot clock and then chucking some wild layup/jumper, etc. I feel like has has almost been freezing out Jabari. Seriously, whenever Jabari pops out, calls for it he just looks him off, drives, finds someone else.
    Jabari is a different player when Knight is not on the floor, and a much more productive one. Feel like he'd be avg. about 5 more ppg with Knight.
    Anyway, they're winning, so it's hard to make that case about/against Knight, but their schedule is nasty in the next couple of weeks and I feel like they're gonna dip below 500 again.
    Just wish we had a different point guard who could actually not stifle Jabari and get him the ball in good positions. Or get him the ball period.

Niko's been good, probably a little ahead of Jabari right now. Just more experience. It's close, but I'd probably give Niko a slight ROY edge if the season ended today, due to the way he's performed in a crowded Bulls rotation.

On a different note however, to say he makes Taj expendable at the end of the year, as some are saying, is just way off. Totally different players, and Taj is one of those almost one of those players you can't replace (along with Butler, Noah) as he is tough as nails, sick on D, and a great team guy.
    To not pay him because you have Niko would not be wise in my opinion. Then again they should have paid Butler, the morons. Then again, we never should have paid Cutler. Though that's a different story.