Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default So is Jabari Parker clearly the ROY so far?

Or is there someone else that I'm missing?

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Default Re: So is Jabari Parker clearly the ROY so far?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Or is there someone else that I'm missing?

If he was on minny he would be averaging 20-22 .... but wiggins will be let loose towards the end alittle more and get it based on averages

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    If he was on minny he would be averaging 20-22 .... but wiggins will be let loose towards the end alittle more and get it based on averages
    What makes you think that?

He should be but I'm sure Brandon "Magic" Knight will find a way to **** it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    He'd be consistently putting up 16-19 ppg if we played a PG that wasn't retarded. There's just no way for him to get into a rhythm when our PG dribbles around for 18 seconds, either takes a stupid shot or gets trapped and makes a stupid pass. Or when Kidd takes him out even when he's having a good game and closes games with scrubs like Jared Dudley and Ilyasova. He's had some bad games but overall when he's been given minutes and isn't frozen out of the offense..he's been really nice.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I wanna be honest, I agree with what you're saying about Knight but Parker has still disappointed me. I just thought he would have an easier time scoring.

I want to say that my dark horse for ROY is KJ McDaniels. He scores about one point less than parker in 6 less minutes. He's a really good defender and although he's not considered a shooter and his % will be lower at the end of the year, at this point he's shooting 45/40/75. He's a very high energy guy and he also averages a little over a block a game (for a wing that's really good). I really like this guy.

How is Nerlens Noel doing?

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

This rookie class has really disappointed me

Quote Originally Posted by shallehalle
    This rookie class has really disappointed me
    Same... really ****ing boring, no legit super stand outs

I guess itll be a class that grows rather than be immediate impacts. Wiggins, Parker, Randle(wish he wasnt hurt) were the core i looked out for

Guys like Vonleh havent gotten much time, also the crappy teams need to let these rooks shine.

After all the hype about this draft class it's been pretty average at best..

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

I don't think he will win but mirotic has been beasting with taj injured. 6 blocks the other day, 20/11 vs Portland and his 3 point soy is wet when he isn't pumpfaking.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    He's doing ok. He's really thin and that's a big problem for him. He's getting 6.5 boards a game which isn't bad but it's not amazing. KJ McDaniels and he are getting the same amount of blocks per game at 1.3bpg. That's great for McDaniel but doesn't make Noel look great. The dude is an awful and I mean awful FT shooter shooting 40%. He's very awkward offensively and has a lot of room for growth. He's too thin and light to defend well one on one but he's good from the weak side. He's never going to be a good offensive player which isn't bad. He needs to shoot for being a Theo Ratliff kind of player. If he can do that I'd consider him a huge success. This guy will never average 16 ppg but if he puts on weight he has the potential to block three shots and grab 10-12 boards a night. So if he ended up being a good defender who averages 14 ppg 11rb and 2.5 blocks I would think that's really good. He's not going to win ROY this year no way. He's really really raw. They worked with him all last year on his shot and he's still bad offensively. My friend played on their summer league team and had to guard him every practice. He told me he was one of the worst FT shooters he'd ever seen and that's proven to be true.

Anyway, I'm not complaining nor am I unhappy. I'm just trying to give an objective assessment as a Sixer fan. I'm happy with him and he's neither under nor over performing at this point. It's a long season and I'd like to see how things are in three or four months.

Local High School Star

Honestly, I'd vote for KJ McDaniels if the season ended today. He's been the most consistent rookie thus far.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Mirotic is beasting since Taj injury, He is improving quickly and can become a candidate at the end of the season. 12.6ppg 8rpg in the last 5 games.

Also I would like to see Nurkic getting more minutes, I loved the times I've seen him play but the kid barely play.

NBA Superstar

I knew KJ McDaniels would be this good. I made a thread about him being the biggest sleeper in the draft.

I need to try and dig it up.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

Leading all rookies with 6.5rpg