Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Durant and Westbrook go to OKC's d-league games to support their teammates

http://www.nba.com/thunder/blueassignment_141130

Two of the best teammates in the league.

Default Re: Durant and Westbrook go to OKC's d-league games to support their teammates

they only go cause there is nothing to do in that boring ass place

Default Re: Durant and Westbrook go to OKC's d-league games to support their teammates

I'm not trying to troll here, but I do get the sense that Durant is a bit of a polarising teammate.

I remember during his MVP speech he said the team had a group text and the young players were left out. And he does seem to throw some of them under the bus on the court (remember how he pissed he got at Reggie in the OT of game 6? He wasn't even really in the huddle after that and I didn't see KD give him any encouragement after that.)

Just my opinion. I don't watch OKC enough to really see him interact with his team though. Maybe you can shed some light, Russ?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I'm not trying to troll here, but I do get the sense that Durant is a bit of a polarising teammate.

I remember during his MVP speech he said the team had a group text and the young players were left out. And he does seem to throw some of them under the bus on the court (remember how he pissed he got at Reggie in the OT of game 6? He wasn't even really in the huddle after that.)

Just my opinion. I don't watch OKC enough to really see him interact with his team though.
    Everyone has gotten pissed at Reggie Jackson in OKC. Kendrick Perkins and Ibaka shut him out of the offense a while back and refused to pass him the ball. Scott Brooks has screamed right in his face because he's refused to run plays and has waved off an open Durant before.

We've seen plenty of guys say that Durant is one of the best teammates they've ever had. And plenty of stories from his current teammates that make him sound like a great teammate.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    these two live for basketball.

thats why they go there.

I remember during his MVP speech he said the team had a group text and the young players were left out. And he does seem to throw some of them under the bus on the court (remember how he pissed he got at Reggie in the OT of game 6? He wasn't even really in the huddle after that and I didn't see KD give him any encouragement after that.)

Just my opinion. I don't watch OKC enough to really see him interact with his team though. Maybe you can shed some light, Russ?
    Those seem like way too isolated incidents to make any statements on KD. Ive never gotten the impression he was a polarizing teammate, however he does have the fakest persona in the league. Is the dude an assassin or a servant?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Those seem like way too isolated incidents to make any statements on KD. Ive never gotten the impression he was a polarizing teammate, however he does have the fakest persona in the league. Is the dude an assassin or a servant?
    KD seems like a pretty easy guy to understand. The impression I get is that he's a super nice guy off the court (countless stories from fans, teammates, etc. can attest to this), but once the game starts all he cares about is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    KD seems like a pretty easy guy to understand. The impression I get is that he's a nice guy off the court, but once the game starts all he cares about is winning the game.
    Nah, he's too obsessed with trying to be nice/trying to be not nice. I think it is his marketing team. He needs to just be himself and not give a ****. Also, slap whoever thought of the nickname the Servant.

NBA Superstar

Nah, he's too obsessed with trying to be nice/trying to be not nice. I think it is his marketing team. He needs to just be himself and not give a ****. Also, slap whoever thought of the nickname the Servant.
    The guy was raised and brought up by two old and kind christian women and pretty much everything you see from him off the court is a reflection of that.

People try way too hard to force this "fake humble" narrative every time Durant does something different on the court, like call Dwight Howard a p*ssy.

I've legit seen retards try to say that Durant only donated 1 million dollars to the tornado victims of OKC... a donation that he didn't even announce nor has never himself brought up or mentioned.... just to keep his "fake nice guy image" up.
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.

The guy was raised and brought up by two old christian women and pretty much everything you see from him off the court is a reflection of that.

People try way too hard to force this "fake humble" narrative every time Durant does something different on the court, like call Dwight Howard a p*ssy.

I've legit seen retards try to say that Durant only donated 1 million dollars to the tornado victims of OKC... a donation that he didn't even announce nor has never himself brought up or mentioned.... just to keep his "fake nice guy image" up.
    He is fake humble though....

Didnt read into his donation. Seemed like a legit gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    lol so true. Oklahoma is a boring ass state.

The guy was raised and brought up by two old and kind christian women and pretty much everything you see from him off the court is a reflection of that.

Only thing that makes me question Durant is the whole Technical Foul thing.

He went from very few to nearly leading the league...he was pushing the whole 'I need to win, and I'm going to be a brash asshole doing it'. The 'Not Nice' stuff.

Then it was 'I'm the humble kid. There are bigger things than basketball; I'm the contemplative religious star'.

He is a humble, nice guy. But he was pushing that assholey persona for a little while, right?

NBA Superstar

He is fake humble though....

Didnt read into his donation. Seemed like a legit gesture.
    fake humble?

have you seen that long story on reddit of some guy who was just practicing at a gym across from durant and then durant invited him to start working out with him and became good friends with him, constantly stopping to talk to him everytime he saw him?

or durant going out of his way to get a stadium employee an xray after he fell an injured his hand?

I remember during a okc/t'wolves game during some downtime, durant went over to rick adelman and asked how his wife was doing, who was battling an illness at the time, and adelman brought it up and seemed to be pretty moved by the gesture.

funny how kevin martin said he was glad to be playing on a team where someone wasn't going for the scoring title every night and everyone of the same retards who forces this "fake humble" narrative tried to shit on durant for it... kevin martin clarified his comments and said it wasn't aimed at durant and that he has "way too much respect for KD" to say something like that.

NBA Superstar

Only thing that makes me question Durant is the whole Technical Foul thing.

He went from very few to nearly leading the league...he was pushing the whole 'I need to win, and I'm going to be a brash asshole doing it'. The 'Not Nice' stuff.

Then it was 'I'm the humble kid. There are bigger things than basketball; I'm the contemplative religious star'.

He is a humble, nice guy. But he was pushing that assholey persona for a little while, right?
    It's just who Durant is on the court. Has nothing to do with how humble he is or any shit like that. The other night in OKC's blowout of the Knicks he was on the bench still yelling at the refs about a bad call, late in the 4th

fake humble?

have you seen that long story on reddit of some guy who was just practicing at a gym across from durant and then durant invited him to start working out with him and became good friends with him, constantly stopping to talk to him everytime he saw him?

or durant going out of his way to get a stadium employee an xray after he fell an injured his hand?

I remember during a okc/t'wolves game during some downtime, durant went over to rick adelman and asked how his wife was doing, who was battling an illness at the time, and adelman brought it up and seemed to be pretty moved by the gesture.

funny how kevin martin said he was glad to be playing on a team where someone wasn't going for the scoring title every night and everyone of the same retards who forces this "fake humble" narrative tried to shit on durant for it... kevin martin clarified his comments and said it wasn't aimed at durant and that he has "way too much respect for KD" to say something like that.