Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I dont think chinese people like him can get fat no matter how many krispykremes. But if he did find a way to add some meat to those bones he could be really dominant and might not look so damn soft in the paint. Right now all his defensive abilities and half his offense stem strictly from height/length. If he could take up space he'd be so much better at the things hes currently not very good at like rebounding and being more a body underneath. I swear for a big man he probably covers a little ass circle in terms of rebounding ability, like if the ball doesnt drop directly to him he wont get it. It just feels like such a waste of size.
    Haha, bringing back that whole fat=good player nonsense again?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It makes sense, Tractor had the highest fat % in the entire NBA and he dominated like no other.

Saw a basketball once

if you watched the heat game carefully you would see that Yao was definitely calling for the ball, and many times he did go at shaq and zo with power but realized shaq is just too big to bully over with power so he switched to finesse, why waste your energy (especially a guy as big as yao) doing power moves down low when you can hit the jumper, seriously they sent yao to the free throw line to shoot a technical (he was 10/11 or something ridiculously good from the heat game shooting ft's), he hit a fall away fadeway from the baseline over shaq, that's a hard enough shot, As for Yao being soft that's so stupid, he called for the ball so many time against shaq, his passion really came out last night, i don't know if anyone remembers that one dunk he threw down when he rolled to the basket last night when he got the dish from t-mac (was late in the game, i think it was the last basket he got before gundy took him out) he thew that sh*t down hard as a man his size could, he was hoping for some chump to be underneath him but they all cleared out. I think ever since Dahntay Jones dunked on Yao, Yao's been pissed off that these chumps are trying to embarass him so he's out on a tear, he man handled the knicks, stomped on the heat (made alonzo made look so bad), only problem i have is that he is getting heavy minutes and taking up a heavy load right now so he's going to have to carry it out throughout the whole season so he migh tire down, but i expect the numbers he's putting up to fall to around 20-24ppg once T-MAC and Bonzi get healthy or start producing. So as far as him being soft go please , yao's on a tear, he use to dominate like this in Olympic and his Chinese Basketball League, he'l bring in a new era, a new kind of center.

Yao Ming > Villy & Bogut ie I'd never do that trade.

Yao Ming is really coming into his own. Getting more consistent with his domination proclamation minus hateration in this NBA jamboree. I love how he is calling for the ball, getting good position, catch and either the hook or back em down and give them business cards approach.

An asian player as the best Center in the game? Never thought I ever see the day or say such a thing. And yes its a major thing imo. Yao Ming paid major dues to get where he is at today. Language and learning barriers. Getting familiar with the game and how its played vs other great players. Thru the bashing, critisizms about him being soft, not a dominant type of player, will be Rik Smits like etc etc...he has really stepped his game up and it appears he will continue to do so. He's not done. Tmac just needs to get his act together. Yao gonna mess around and be a 27 & 11 Center.

Saw a basketball once

Do you think Eddy Curry can dominate Shaq this time around?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jzillah
    if you watched the heat game carefully you would see that Yao was definitely calling for the ball, and many times he did go at shaq and zo with power but realized shaq is just too big to bully over with power so he switched to finesse, why waste your energy (especially a guy as big as yao) doing power moves down low when you can hit the jumper, seriously they sent yao to the free throw line to shoot a technical (he was 10/11 or something ridiculously good from the heat game shooting ft's), he hit a fall away fadeway from the baseline over shaq, that's a hard enough shot, As for Yao being soft that's so stupid, he called for the ball so many time against shaq, his passion really came out last night, i don't know if anyone remembers that one dunk he threw down when he rolled to the basket last night when he got the dish from t-mac (was late in the game, i think it was the last basket he got before gundy took him out) he thew that sh*t down hard as a man his size could, he was hoping for some chump to be underneath him but they all cleared out. I think ever since Dahntay Jones dunked on Yao, Yao's been pissed off that these chumps are trying to embarass him so he's out on a tear, he man handled the knicks, stomped on the heat (made alonzo made look so bad), only problem i have is that he is getting heavy minutes and taking up a heavy load right now so he's going to have to carry it out throughout the whole season so he migh tire down, but i expect the numbers he's putting up to fall to around 20-24ppg once T-MAC and Bonzi get healthy or start producing. So as far as him being soft go please , yao's on a tear, he use to dominate like this in Olympic and his Chinese Basketball League, he'l bring in a new era, a new kind of center.

hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently. Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable, and if those short jumpers stop falling like has happened other years he's far from a mvp. I'm not saying he will or wont but its really too early to talk mvp when this could just be a hot streak.

I see Yao get pisssed off alot this season. You have a point there. I saw him get pissed after Dahntay Jones tomohawkd on his ass and i saw him get pissed after a few no calls where he fell on the floor from guards half his size swatting at the ball. Either way i never really see much coming from Yao getting pissed, its not like he plays meaner or gets more vicious, he's as soft a center as they come. Sure thats his game but its something i think he can improve on. Hell if he would mebbe at least start flailing his arms like Mutombo to scare people then mebbe he might put some fear into them. Right now nobody, not even guards are scared to get into his space and swipe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

you S. Bradley fans really need to stop talkiing espeically when 'new and improved Shaq' is worse than ever

To act like every player should be thin is just retarded, especially all these generalizations you people make about being lean and thin in basketball. like how they dont get injured(Camby, Kenyon, DariusMiles, Shaq, etc, etc) or how everyones game automatically gets better when they lose weight.

when you actually play some ball then come back and talk

yao has been playing at this level since the all star break of last year. i dont see him leveling off any time soon, barring injury

you S. Bradley fans really need to stop talkiing espeically when 'new and improved Shaq' is worse than ever

To act like every player should be thin is just retarded, especially all these generalizations you people make about being lean and thin in basketball. like how they dont get injured(Camby, Kenyon, DariusMiles, Shaq, etc, etc) or how everyones game automatically gets better when they lose weight.

when you actually play some ball then come back and talk
    Wake up moron, Shawn Bradley had 0 muscle mass.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Wake up moron, Shawn Bradley had 0 muscle mass.

k then lets talk about 'new and improved Shaq' jackass :stupid:

does Camby of 0 muscle mass also?

how about Darius Miles?

would Z. Randolph be nearly as good as he is on the boards and in the paint without his wide fatbody?

like i said scrub, when you actually play the sport and i'm not talking about NBA Live, you might know that thin doesnt always mean better. At least i'm the one making it a case by case basis while you morons act like every player thats thin doesnt get injured and automatically plays better.

i dont know if your punkass has 1 leg, no arms, and cant play ball for whatever reason. But if you did play some ball you'd know thin and lean isnt always a better player make, let alone all these stupidass generalizations you morons pretend are always true.

hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently. Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable, and if those short jumpers stop falling like has happened other years he's far from a mvp. I'm not saying he will or wont but its really too early to talk mvp when this could just be a hot streak.
    That's quite an ignorant statement. If you watched the second half of the season, Yao wasn't just on "fire" like you proclaim him to be, he was pretty much dominant throughout. He averaged like 26ppg and 12ppg, what the hell do you want from him honestly.

I'm being honest, and not being rude, but please shut up because you really don't know anything about the transformation of Yao's game. You keep giving all this nonsense crap about him needing to gain weight, and him being lucky on a couple of jumpers.

The stupidest statement of all, "hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently," Honestly, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Then you come up with this other stupidity right after it, "Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable". Make up your mind, he is either on fire, or he is just being consistent.

Please stop talking about Yao because you have no idea what you are talking about, nothing, none what so ever.

erudite

SHaq never did that well against a Center that can hit the J......No matter what even when he was in L.A he was too lazy to stop anyone who could hit that shot....

But people let him cover Ostertags or other big lumbering guys with less skills.....When Sabonis was on his game and not hurt too bad he'd kill SHAQ too.but becuz his endurance and fouls were high he couldn't stay on the court...difference is old SHAQ would go for 40 and 15 himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Batchoy
    It's more like a changing of the guard. Shaq is declining while Yao is entering his prime years. It was bound to happen and I was expecting it to come with Shaq playing in his 15th season.
    Hit it right on the nose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    That's quite an ignorant statement. If you watched the second half of the season, Yao wasn't just on "fire" like you proclaim him to be, he was pretty much dominant throughout. He averaged like 26ppg and 12ppg, what the hell do you want from him honestly.

I'm being honest, and not being rude, but please shut up because you really don't know anything about the transformation of Yao's game. You keep giving all this nonsense crap about him needing to gain weight, and him being lucky on a couple of jumpers.

The stupidest statement of all, "hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently," Honestly, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Then you come up with this other stupidity right after it, "Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable". Make up your mind, he is either on fire, or he is just being consistent.

Please stop talking about Yao because you have no idea what you are talking about, nothing, none what so ever.

You really dont know basketball. Players get hot in basketball. Some go cold. Jumpers dont always stay consistent when their hot. Look at Marcus Williams preseason where he couldnt miss to during the season where hes missing alot. I've watched every Rockets game this year. If you want to talk about last year then you got me, all i know is he was same erratic Yao for that first half of last season then got hot for the last month or so. Still not a full season.

Youre probably a bias Yao/Rockets fan so i'll cut you some slack. I watched him last night and some of those short jumpers he made were lucky because you could tell he didnt have a sure release on some of them and they still went in. **** happens when your hot. I never said he might not keep it up but i raised the possibility he can go cold and start missing them and he might just be on a hot streak right now. I do know teams arent playing Yao right, whoever they played before the Knicks this season or maybe it was the game before that(i cant remember the team) played Yao right. They would double team him right when he put the ball on the floor and Yao would either lose it or make a bad pass. Its all timing tho. The Knicks didnt try that until that 2nd half at some point and when they did they were late or too obvious about it with the double where he saw it coming.

Anyway, if this were oldtime Shaq or something thats easily consistant like post and dunks or like old MJ with driving and getting fouls then mebbe i'd have more faith in him being able to keep it up. Sorry i just dont have faith in short jumpers being as consistant to dominate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KWALI
    SHaq never did that well against a Center that can hit the J......No matter what even when he was in L.A he was too lazy to stop anyone who could hit that shot....

But people let him cover Ostertags or other big lumbering guys with less skills.....When Sabonis was on his game and not hurt too bad he'd kill SHAQ too.but becuz his endurance and fouls were high he couldn't stay on the court...difference is old SHAQ would go for 40 and 15 himself.

yeh Shaq even said himself in last nights quote i think theres nothing he can do about Yao making his jumpers if he makes them.