Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Does Dwyane Wade have a shot at MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    someone mind explaining to me how wade is the better player? Lebron contributes more to the offense than wade. just cuz wade scores 3-4 more points doesn't make him batman.
    Unfortuantely most players are judged by how many points they score, that has really been the way since Jordan became a star.

Tell me which stat line is more impressive; Player A has 29 points/4 assists/5 boards, Player B has 20 points/11 assists/4 rebounds.

Player A contributes at minimum 37 points a game to the offense, player B on the other hand contributes at minimum 42, but I guarantee that Player A would be considered the better player by the masses.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Not if you watch the games.
    Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    onceinaDecade you're not fooling anyone dumbass troll. Beasley sucks you mad?
    I admitted to everyone already that i was OnceInADECADE u Troll.

@ this troll getting mad

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Tell me which stat line is more impressive; Player A has 29 points/4 assists/5 boards, Player B has 20 points/11 assists/4 rebounds.
    That doesn't work in reality though. It depends on how the player actually plays. Those two statlines could represent Tracy McGrady and Magic Johnson. No one in their right mind would say T-Mac was the better player.

It's how the game is played.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Not if you watch the games.
    No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has found his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

oooh, compelling.

That doesn't work in reality though. It depends on how the player actually plays. Those two statlines could represent Tracy McGrady and Magic Johnson. No one in their right mind would say T-Mac was the better player.

great post by a great poster

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has found his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has find his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................
    90% of the offense starts with LeBron. Amare Stoudemire was the main option in Phoenix, but that's Steve Nash's team. Very similar dynamic between LeBron & Wade. Heighten talent level, but very similar responsibilities.

Wade so far this season 24.1 on 49% 6rpg 4apg 2spg 1bpg

Take out the 1st game where he was very rusty and he'd be at 53% shooting

Lebron so far 21ppg on 47% 8apg 5rpg 2spg

No it does work lol, I did kind of prove my point, I knew that I had Magic in mind as the second player, but I just made up random numbers for the first one. And my point still stands, ever since MJ was MJ the NBA fan perception has been if someone can score then they must be the best player even if they allow 40 points a game and only score 30. To me defence is clearly the most important factor in the game. That is why I believe big men are the key to the NBA.

http://yongsblog.blogs.friendster.co...zed/wade_2.jpg

How many does Lebron have? I'll let Lebron show you how many:

http://www.thesportssession.net/wp-c.../kingjames.jpg

Why you mad tho?
    so umm rings determines how good a player is?

Bill Russell GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    No it does work lol, I did kind of prove my point, I knew that I had Magic in mind as the second player, but I just made up random numbers for the first one. And my point still stands, ever since MJ was MJ the NBA fan perception has been if someone can score then they must be the best player even if they allow 40 points a game and only score 30. To me defence is clearly the most important factor in the game. That is why I believe big men are the key to the NBA.
    It doesn't have to be MJ. Numbers don't tell you the whole story. Watching the game is what matters. Watching the Heat so far, it's obvious LeBron is the best player on the team. If they win, that's how it will be counted. It's why Wade won't have a serious shot at the MVP. LeBron's chances are diminished because he already has two and has a lot of help in Wade & Bosh. It's not like Wade stands in his way in the manner that LeBron stands in Wade's way.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

90% of the offense starts with LeBron. Amare Stoudemire was the main option in Phoenix, but that's Steve Nash's team. Very similar dynamic between LeBron & Wade. Heighten talent level, but very similar responsibilities.
    That is a bad example IMO, Wade sets the tone on the team. When he comes out aggressive, the rest of the team follows. It is early, but it is Wade's team at the moment.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Wade is da BESS!!