Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade is done.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Wade is done.

I'll personally would wait for a bit. It seems like ppl discuss whatever he is done for two years and a half now. But, Wade isn't attacking and he shoot jumpers which he cannot make.

Although Bosh and Wade had horrible games this time around. He still could go off for 20+ points I think, but he isn't as consistent as he was before. But we'll see as the season goes along. He definitely lost a step.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It should be.

I guess Wade has officially made the list of Kobe's peers that has come and go while he's still playing at his level.
    True.....and isn't that so amazing, not only is Kobe still good.....he is still great....Mamba must be a vampire or something, no way he should be leading the league in scoring after 17 freaking years.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

-3 ppg means he's done?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I'll personally would wait for a bit. It seems like ppl discuss whatever he is done for two years and a half now.
    Because he's been done for two and a half years.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Ledecision backfiring. Not one, not two, not three...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
    Elevating Kobe by saying Wade is done and thereby indirectly elevating Leb...hold on a second.

Lol these idiots don't even realize this.

No one needs to "elevate kobe" by saying Wade is done.

Kobe is in a tier of his own. Just accept it and move on. The dude has evolved his game in a big way to stay relevant among the younger kids out there balling.

WITH THAT SAID....Wade is NOT "DONE"

He has plenty left in the tank. I believe he is hitting one hell of a rough stretch. He is clearly on a steep decline but will bounce back. I NEVER count that dude out.

I got at least 7 players ahead of him right now:

Lebron

Durant

Kobe

Rose

Dwight

Melo

Paul

All-Time Shooting Guards List? 4th:

Jordan

Kobe

West

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    No one needs to "elevate kobe" by saying Wade is done.

Kobe is in a tier of his own. Just accept it and move on. The dude has evolved his game in a big way to stay relevant among the younger kids out there balling.

WITH THAT SAID....Wade is NOT "DONE"

He has plenty left in the tank. I believe he is hitting one hell of a rough stretch. He is clearly on a steep decline but will bounce back. I NEVER count that dude out.

As an elite top 5 player, he is.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

I didn't watch this game but in the games I watch he often looks bored.

Also seems like sometimes he makes shots more difficult than they need to be. If he could just shoot a regular jump shot instead of trying to draw a foul, double pumping and fading away all at the same time he would probably be shooting better overall.

Same goes for his drives to the basket. If he just went straight to the hole and put the ball straight in it would be more effective than shooting circus shots with enough spin to make the ball bounce off wherever it comes in contact with the backboard.

I don't know what got into him but my best guess is that after he stopped being the man he lost his motivation. He got inspired in the playoffs last season. Without the motivation he's just going through the motions out there.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheeBeast
    -3 ppg means he's done?
    stats are for loser like the espn stat guy

did u watch the game?

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Wade inspires me with how he goes through the motions a la TMac. That's called SWAG and not giving a F.

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

He looks like he is suffering hangover from winning a ring.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by JBrizzy
    I didn't watch this game but in the games I watch he often looks bored.

Also seems like sometimes he makes shots more difficult than they need to be. If he could just shoot a regular jump shot instead of trying to draw a foul, double pumping and fading away all at the same time he would probably be shooting better overall.

Same goes for his drives to the basket. If he just went straight to the hole and put the ball straight in it would be more effective than shooting circus shots with enough spin to make the ball bounce off wherever it comes in contact with the backboard.

I don't know what got into him but my best guess is that after he stopped being the man he lost his motivation. He got inspired in the playoffs last season. Without the motivation he's just going through the motions out there.
    Good observations. Maybe since he's been here before he knows it doesn't really matter until April. His play is predicated on driving and drawing fouls, and he knows that he has to save that style of play until the playoffs. He knows he'd be done by then if he played that way now. He'll have his moments. He just won't have them now.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Wade inspires me with how he goes through the motions a la TMac. That's called SWAG and not giving a F.

Losing to the Washington Wizards, and then a Carmelo-less Knicks team is not "swag" dude.