Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

Why Garnett hates Howard. Told by Scal.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/video/s...d=383908931632

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    Why Garnett hates Howard. Told by Scal.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/video/s...d=383908931632
    Garnett hates 97% of everyone in the universe. The only difference is most of the rest of the world hates Howard too. Did you see the other day him tell the reporter to **** off because he didn't like the question? Bontemps said that's no big deal because it's common, if Garnett doesn't like you, your question, or feel like talking to you he just tells you to **** off.

Knicks had a bunch of those guys, it's good to have guys like that on a team. The difference with Garnett is people are determined to argue (for reasons i never understand) that he's a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Garnett hates 97% of everyone in the universe. The only difference is most of the rest of the world hates Howard too. Did you see the other day him tell the reporter to **** off because he didn't like the question? Bontemps said that's no big deal because it's common, if Garnett doesn't like you, your question, or feel like talking to you he just tells you to **** off.

Knicks had a bunch of those guys, it's good to have guys like that on a team. The difference with Garnett is people are determined to argue (for reasons i never understand) that he's a nice guy.
    I have seen him at games, and he is really cool with the fans and from interviews I have seen by his teammates they totally love him. I guess he is the guy you love to have but hate to face.

I think people argue that he is a good guy because he seems genuine, he is not fake and his teammates always back him up. He explains some of that in his interview with Scal, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCQP8dX3cc

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    I have seen him at games, and he is really cool with the fans and from interviews I have seen by his teammates they totally love him. I guess he is the guy you love to have but hate to face.

I think people argue that he is a good guy because he seems genuine, he is not fake and his teammates always back him up. He explains some of that in his interview with Scal, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCQP8dX3cc
    I know people who work at Barclays, they said Pierce is high maintenance but nice a human being as you'll know and Garnett treats you nice if he's in the mood. He regularly curses out the nets beats writers. He told them when Kidd was in town to wait for him until he finished talking to Kidd, talked to Kidd for a long while, then walked out middle fingers in the air.

I get he's nice at times but he's a dick. I don't see why he gets a pass. Knicks had plenty of guys like that (Mason, remember him?) and Garnett for some reason has a lot of people rationalizing his behavior.

   

bball is one of those dysfunctional exercises that revels in rewarding psychopaths.

study chamberlain and jordan, then disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    bball is one of those dysfunctional exercises that revels in rewarding psychopaths.

study chamberlain and jordan, then disagree.
    I don't disagree at all. My point with Garnett is people feel the need to insist he's a wonderful human when we've all seen what he is sometimes. I'd take him on knicks even now when he can't move.

   

I don't disagree at all. My point with Garnett is people feel the need to insist he's a wonderful human when we've all seen what he is sometimes. I'd take him on knicks even now when he can't move.
    not sure who is insisting he's a wonderful person, but I take your point.

I kind of feel the same about Jon Jones in MMA. a real a-hole who has millions of sympathizers and apologists.

I get that athletic competition is a kind of war, and in war, the best fighters are probably the half-crazies... but sports is also a business. you might not be able to change some of these guys, and you can't stop fans from being sycophants and idiots, but but but...

I know people who work at Barclays, they said Pierce is high maintenance but nice a human being as you'll know and Garnett treats you nice if he's in the mood. He regularly curses out the nets beats writers. He told them when Kidd was in town to wait for him until he finished talking to Kidd, talked to Kidd for a long while, then walked out middle fingers in the air.

I get he's nice at times but he's a dick. I don't see why he gets a pass. Knicks had plenty of guys like that (Mason, remember him?) and Garnett for some reason has a lot of people rationalizing his behavior.
    I am not saying he is an angel, I think we all can agree on that. But I still don't see him as an class A a-hole. He just doesn't put on an act, like a lot of NBA players. For instance, I think we can all agree LeBron just reeks of douchiness despite putting on an act to portray himself as an humble guy. I am not even talking about his coming home or ESPN fiasco, just has that kind of demeanor.

On the other hand I don't blame him, or well I understand why he is like he is. I remember in HS our star in the football team thought he was god, he did get a scholarship to a D1, but nothing more than that. Didn't do great in college etc. Reason I am saying this is just because if a guy like that, just the star of a not so big HS thought he was some kind of king just because everyone sucked up to him, imagine LeBron, being touted the "Chosen one" or "The King" since he was 15 years old on top of getting documentaries made, getting on the cover of magazines before he even finished HS. It creates a special kind of a-hole.

I got a bit off topic, lol but I guess I got out what I wanted to say.

   

a special kind of a-hole!

this is the kind of thing that ppl like me have some difficulty understanding. i had it bad with allen iverson, back when i lived in philly. i kept torturing myself with "if only he could make a little more effort here and there, i could be on board with him as a fan"... and of course he always let me down. also part of why i gave up on the 76ers and joined the nets crowd 15 years ago.

but yea... the ones who make it to this level are mostly pre-programmed to be the biggest egomaniacs and jackasses. it's like me opening a bag of peanuts and getting mad every time because i was hoping an almond had slipped in there by accident.

   

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    Looks awesome! Sadly these don't deserve to be printed out right now. No one would want them.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Looks awesome! Sadly these don't deserve to be printed out right now. No one would want them.
    haha, i know. oh well. at least we can enjoy the cards of the other players around the league...

Nets are evaluating how Hollins is doing as coach. My goodness. Billy King is teflon.

   

Nets are evaluating how Hollins is doing as coach. My goodness. Billy King is teflon.
    i can see king playing the fall guy for the russians, but then who could they possibly persuade to take over this mess? someone unproven or with a worse track record, most likely.

the coach at least has a more direct, immediate influence on the fortunes of the team.

Turns out to be untrue.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/1/26/7...lionel-hollins