2x NBA Champion
    2x NBA Finals MVP
    1x NBA MVP
    1x All Star Game MVP
    3x All NBA First Team
    3x All-Defensive First Team
    1x Olympic Gold Medal

*fixed
    That efficiency is identical to first three-peat playoff Jordan. Crazy. Seriously, compare their FG% on twos, their eFG% and TS%, they are basically the same (though MJ was better player, scored more points etc etc).

His best series in this span....

34/5/6 on 50% vs. '08 Nuggets
    29/6/4 on 53% vs. '08 Spurs (#3 ranked defense and a year before embarrassed Lebron)
    34/6/6 on 48% vs. '09 Nuggets
    33/7/7 on 49% vs. '08 Jazz
    34/7/8 on 52% vs. '10 Suns
    32/6/7 + great defense vs. '09 Magic

BEAST

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant 3 Year Run 2008-2010

He's been really really really good.

He's going to be in his 15th season next year.. lets see if he's able to maintain that level of play for just one more post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    That efficiency is identical to first three-peat playoff Jordan. Crazy. Seriously, compare their FG% on twos, their eFG% and TS%, they are basically the same (though MJ was better player, scored more points etc etc).

29/6/4 on 53% vs. '08 Spurs (#3 ranked defense and a year before embarrassed Lebron)

BEAST
    yeah this 3 year run has been one of the best in recent history. especially his run through the western conference playoffs the last 3 years i would put it up there with almost any of duncans and shaqs. His numbers average to about 30/6/6/2 on like 47% shooting that is about as good as any swingman since mj.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by DatDudeD
    yeah this 3 year run has been one of the best in recent history. especially his run through the western conference playoffs the last 3 years i would put it up there with almost any of duncans and shaqs. His numbers average to about 30/6/6/2 on like 47% shooting that is about as good as any swingman since mj.
    It really is a shame though. The stats he was averaging in the West these last three years (especially '08) and in '01 were insane, and he always brings them down in the finals. These runs are great, some of the best ever, but if he finished the job thoroughly he would be consensus top 5 by now. But he hasn't put a single run together where that has happened.

I would pick Vlade Divac over Kobe any day

that is amazing.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

31 Year Old Kobe Bryant

Still one of the best in the game.

Very good NBA starter

BEAST

It really is a shame though. The stats he was averaging in the West these last three years (especially '08) and in '01 were insane, and he always brings them down in the finals. These runs are great, some of the best ever, but if he finished the job thoroughly he would be consensus top 5 by now. But he hasn't put a single run together where that has happened.
    yeah he has yet to put up a finals series to match the other playoff series, i dont know what it is even though last year in the finals he put up 32/5/7 which is great but he also only shot like 43%. i think a few great finals performances would help his case when you look at his place all time.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

yeah he has yet to put up a finals series to match the other playoff series, i dont know what it is even though last year in the finals he put up 32/5/7 which is great but he also only shot like 43%. i think a few great finals performances would help his case when you look at his place all time.
    Kobe messed up his on FG% when we played the Magic by taking unnecessary shots when the game was well decided ..

NBA rookie of the year

He wouldn't be consensus top 5 of all-time if he had played great in the Finals from '08-'10, because what's keeping him out of the top 5 (5 of MJ/KAJ/Wilt/Magic/Russell/Shaq/Bird, whichever you'd like) isn't his level of play, it's the fact that he's only won 1 MVP as well as the fact that his general level of play is not as dominant as guys like MJ/KAJ/Wilt - not just in the postseason, but the regular season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He wouldn't be consensus top 5 of all-time if he had played great in the Finals from '08-'10, because what's keeping him out of the top 5 (5 of MJ/KAJ/Wilt/Magic/Russell/Shaq/Bird, whichever you'd like) isn't his level of play, it's the fact that he's only won 1 MVP as well as the fact that his general level of play is not as dominant as guys like MJ/KAJ/Wilt - not just in the postseason, but the regular season as well.
    Thats true, his peak is not as high as guys like mj, kareem and wilt. Its true kobe has never dominated the leauge but due to his consistency to play at a high level well into his later years is just as impressive to me. The past 3 years are as good of a run as just about anybody post-mj era, when you factor in everything stats(reg/playoff), team success best record in the west 3 years in a row, WC champs 3 years in a row, 2 out of 3 titles, all nba 1st team offense and defense...etc, i agree with you about his peak which was nowhere near a few other guys. IMO he should have 2 or 3 MVPs but hey shaq ONLY has 1 and you can argue that his peak was equal or better than anyone not name MJ.

NBA rookie of the year

Thats true, his peak is not as high as guys like mj, kareem and wilt. Its true kobe has never dominated the leauge but due to his consistency to play at a high level well into his later years is just as impressive to me. The past 3 years are as good of a run as just about anybody post-mj era, when you factor in everything stats(reg/playoff), team success best record in the west 3 years in a row, WC champs 3 years in a row, 2 out of 3 titles, all nba 1st team offense and defense...etc, i agree with you about his peak which was nowhere near a few other guys. IMO he should have 2 or 3 MVPs but hey shaq ONLY has 1 and you can argue that his peak was equal or better than anyone not name MJ.
    Both Shaq ('00-'02) and Duncan ('03-'05) had better 3 year spans than Kobe everything considered (regular and postseason, basic and advanced stats, team success etc.).

Kobe is easily top 10 all-time, but talking top 5 is very premature imo, considering that he'd need to accomplish significantly more than those ahead of him in order to make up for the gap in peak play. I have it like this:

MJ
    KAJ
    Wilt
    Russell/Magic
    Magic/Russell
    Bird/Shaq
    Shaq/Bird
    Duncan/Kobe
    Kobe/Duncan

I have Kobe either tied or with Duncan at #8 or slightly behind him in the #9 slot now. One more MVP and he clearly passes Duncan and moves into Shaq territory.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Both Shaq ('00-'02) and Duncan ('03-'05) had better 3 year spans than Kobe everything considered (regular and postseason, basic and advanced stats, team success etc.).

Kobe is easily top 10 all-time, but talking top 5 is very premature imo, considering that he'd need to accomplish significantly more than those ahead of him in order to make up for the gap in peak play. I have it like this:

MJ
    KAJ
    Wilt
    Russell/Magic
    Magic/Russell
    Bird/Shaq
    Shaq/Bird
    Duncan/Kobe
    Kobe/Duncan

I have Kobe either tied or with Duncan at #8 or slightly behind him in the #9 slot now. One more MVP and he clearly passes Duncan and moves into Shaq territory.
    I pretty much agree with that ranking...I think for Kobe to even sniff the Magic/Bird air he has to win either 2 more titles + Finals MVPs or 1 more title + MVP + Finals MVP....If he does either one of those things then he creeps into that Bird/Magic/Shaq discussion.