Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 6'1 Stephon Marbury dunking in the reverse alley-oop WITH EASE at 38 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I own part of over 100 different companies and have been a millionaire for a couple years now.

Meanwhile you live in some shitty Euro country and are a damn Nuggets fan. Sad life.
    Spending 500 dollars in 100 penny stocks does not make you part owner of 100 different companies nor a millionaire stock trader

Golden State Aster*sks

Default Re: 6'1 Stephon Marbury dunking in the reverse alley-oop WITH EASE at 38 years old.

PED's are legal in China. That's the only reason Stephon Marbury can dunk right now.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Marbury has one of the sickest alley-oop dunks I've ever seen, but it's hard to find footage of it. I believe he's on the Wolves and receives the half-courtish pass from Latrell Sprewell?

Anyways, Marbury has always been a freak athlete. I'll try to find the clip.

Sprewell and Marbury didn't play on the T Wolves together, and Marbury did that reverse alley oop slam on the Nets, not on the T Wolves.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I expected it to be in a game. I'm not saying is unimpressive to be able to do it at his age though. I will say a lob like that is easier to do than a straight up two handed reverse dunk.

When I was young I wasnt a good dunker but I could dunk and things like that appear more difficult than they are. When I could just barely dunk it was easier the dunk a ball passed lightly in front of the rim than to just run up and dunk normally.

You get up higher without the ball.

Put back dunks and lobs look hard but they aren't.

At least not for 2 foot jumpers. I can't speak for one foot jumpers. I was the right up to the basket go up off two feet guy. Id struggle trying to come from anywhere near the dotted line...... One reason free throw line dunks are so amazing to me.

At the absolute peak of my athletic ability me trying to take off from the free throw line would be hilarious.

I'm not sure it would even end in a layup.

College superstar

Marbury's Nets teams sucked ass, but were lowkey fun as hell to watch.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I wonder sometimes if guys like Marbury and Steve Francis came along at the wrong time. With the game being so much more pick and role centric now, and the loosening of the illegal defense rules, quick side switching has become a much bigger asset than it was during their heyday, they may have more value now, which probably has a lot to do with the sort of PG golden era we appear to be in.

At the same time, the lane is more crowded now than it was, so they'd have to be willing to penetrate and kick more than be the finishers they were, and they'd have to be more willing to play some catch and shoot, and just generally be better shooters than they were.

I thought Randolph Morris was gonna be a real player. That's a name I haven't thought of in forever.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I expected it to be in a game. I'm not saying is unimpressive to be able to do it at his age though. I will say a lob like that is easier to do than a straight up two handed reverse dunk.

When I was young I wasnt a good dunker but I could dunk and things like that appear more difficult than they are. When I could just barely dunk it was easier the dunk a ball passed lightly in front of the rim than to just run up and dunk normally.

You get up higher without the ball.

Put back dunks and lobs look hard but they aren't.

At least not for 2 foot jumpers. I can't speak for one foot jumpers. I was the right up to the basket go up off two feet guy. Id struggle trying to come from anywhere near the dotted line...... One reason free throw line dunks are so amazing to me.

At the absolute peak of my athletic ability me trying to take off from the free throw line would be hilarious.

I'm not sure it would even end in a layup.
    Yeah, I think it depends upon the jump type. I'm primarily a one-foot dunker and can dunk off two, but for some reason I've always be awful at reverse dunks. As in, could never really do them. I was more likely to complete one of those 270's from the right side than I was to make a reverse (which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense since a 270 is essentially going reverse then taking it a step further).

Either way, I still find a two-hand reverse, especially at age 38, to be quite impressive. I think that's a dunk he figured out how to do just right when he was younger so I also agree it's probably been somewhat routine for him throughout the years.

Decent playground baller

That certainly is impressive.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Man I was way off. He was on the Nets and received the pass from SJax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jorxadf04rM
    That is nice. I don't remember it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Feel sorry for that guy who wanted to bump in Marbury and got denied

He seems to be doing well, good for him.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flush
    Feel sorry for that guy who wanted to bump in Marbury and got denied
    he probably was like im too old for this sht, dont wanna get injured

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Spending 500 dollars in 100 penny stocks does not make you part owner of 100 different companies nor a millionaire stock trader
    Beat me to it. I wanted to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I lost my Marbury Knicks jersey
    don

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Sprewell and Marbury didn't play on the T Wolves together, and Marbury did that reverse alley oop slam on the Nets, not on the T Wolves.

Ya I fixed it. I think my confusion was justified though. They were playing against the TWolves... and Sprewell and SJax might as well be brothers.