Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Name players who will disappear once their athleticism disappears

I'll start...

Dwyane Wade

Default Re: Name players who will disappear once their athleticism disappears

Westbrook

Banned

Lebron James

Very good NBA starter

Russell Westbrook- Not because he's a freak athlete, but because he really relies on it. WHen I see him play i see a guy who any point could suffer a Rose/Shumpert like ACL tear injury from lack of fundamentals and crazy explosion.

Blake griffin- The flavor of the last year, He works hard so I don't expect him to not be the franchise,but take his athletiscm away and I think you'd have Kris Humpries type PF. Still good though.

I feel like some players need to take notes from Rondo, and Parker. super quick and fast guys that pace their athletiscm...

Wade
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Griffin

Unless they pull a Kobe and adjust, they just might.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    Lebron James

Lebron with say PP athletic ability is still a 22-23ppg 7 and 6 player...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    Lebron James

But Indian guy said he's already lost it and he is still winning MVP?

Rose, Westbrook, Griffen, Wade, Ibaka (not that he is a great player now, but he is good).

wade but i'm taking a different route than most people. he's an undersized SG. he can go into the post but he relies on his athleticism to do the rest. once that is gone, he's not going to match up well posting up bigger guards. thus, his game is going to have major problems adjusting and transitioning to the post like many guards do as they age. i also see his defense suffering a lot as he loses athleticism

griffin. still has plenty of time but his footwork needs major work

Banned

Griffin will be done. Lebron relies on his athleticism alot but with his ball handling and distributing I see him backing off the scoring himself and still being a top all round contributor. Westbrook atm but I think by the time he's that old he'll have learnt how to compensate.

Blake Griffin

National High School Star

Its too late for wade to improve his footwork and fundamentals.

he's 30 years old...its gonna be hard to adjust your game at that age. He still plays like a 25 year old would play.

Rose has already disappeared

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Just about every guard in the game.