Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: ok i'll admit. Curry > 2011 Drose

2015 Curry > 2011 Rose should be considered common knowledge.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    no one that wasn't a homer and dumbass (aka Pointguard) denied this. everyone knew this even early in the season
    Jameer, you don't play ball, too young to understand the game and aren't smart enought to compare two different time systems. These guys play in two different realities. Curry has all the space in the world because he has shooters. Rose played in a congested system without finishers, shooters or much of an offensive system. Curry's goal is to be efficient, not to breakdown defenses. Their games are totally different. Curry plays in an apex system for Curry. Rose played in a system where he had make something out of nothing.

Rose had progressed light years ahead of Curry when they were healthy, and then injuries kicked in. Why is Rose the only comparator in town when he hasn't been healthy in 4 years? Just think about that. Rose is the standard for a reason. Westbrook and Curry came into together with Rose. Rose is the standard. Let Bogut go down and Westbrook might kill Curry in the first round. CP3 might kill Curry in the second. But Rose at 22 years old is the standard against these guys in their primes. All three of those guys can't carry an offensively challenged team. All three have had much better situations than Rose. In their prime they should be better than 22 year old Rose. And that's not homerism. Those are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    bigsmoke, you dont know shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUwyjeFqd4
    that pass at 4:30

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Jameer, you don't play ball, too young to understand the game and aren't smart enought to compare two different time systems. These guys play in two different realities. Curry has all the space in the world because he has shooters. Rose played in a congested system without finishers, shooters or much of an offensive system. Curry's goal is to be efficient, not to breakdown defenses. Their games are totally different. Curry plays in an apex system for Curry. Rose played in a system where he had make something out of nothing.

Rose had progressed light years ahead of Curry when they were healthy, and then injuries kicked in. Why is Rose the only comparator in town when he hasn't been healthy in 4 years? Just think about that. Rose is the standard for a reason. Westbrook and Curry came into together with Rose. Rose is the standard. Let Bogut go down and Westbrook might kill Curry in the first round. CP3 might kill Curry in the second. But Rose at 22 years old is the standard against these guys in their primes. All three of those guys can't carry an offensively challenged team. All three have had much better situations than Rose. In their prime they should be better than 22 year old Rose. And that's not homerism. Those are facts.
    Put Rose on any team you want and he's not putting up 25 points a game on 50/52/95 efficiency like Curry has since the all star break.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    bigsmoke, you dont know shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUwyjeFqd4
    I thought rose was better until i started watching more warriors games. Curry is a beast

valid point, the bulls offense was always poorly ranked and routinely averaged around 75-85ppg in almost all of Derricks seasons. The majority of the roster was made up of defensive minded players like Keith Bogans, Luol Deng, Jo Noah etc. At the end of the day, D rose was doing alot more because he simply had to.

tl;dr
    you're a homer and a f*cking moron

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    I thought rose was better until i started watching more warriors games. Curry is a beast
    nah man, what happened was you forgot how good 2011 rose was, and 2015 curry is fresh on your mind.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 04-11-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Not even close to be honest..Curry is better at everything.

Cali Love

Depends on what Curry will do in the playoffs ...But for now I'm taking '11 Rose all day.

almost unstoppable on the drive, fearless, clutch, athletic freak and just more swag to his game IMHO I remember him putting peeps in a poster every 10-15 games or so, for a 6'3 PG that's crazy...Both players avg 25/8 tho so not much of a difference but mind you Steph's backcourt partner is Klay and Rose's backcourt partner was Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer.

But like I said it all depends on what Curry does in the post-season...what if the dubs get bounced in the first round by AD and his crew?

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Put Rose on any team you want and he's not putting up 25 points a game on 50/52/95 efficiency like Curry has since the all star break.
    Curry is easily more efficient, but that doesn't mean Rose wasn't as effective. The guy was a one man wrecking crew in 2011.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Doesn't matter. Efficiency isn't a priority for the smallest guy on the court, nor does it have a correlation to greatness. Curry has never carried a team and would certainly be worse on a team without a system and offensive competency.

Doesn't matter. Efficiency isn't a priority for the smallest guy on the court, nor does it have a correlation to greatness. Curry has never carried a team and would certainly be worse on a team without a system and offensive competency.
    like d rose carried a team?

A team that snagged up a 4th seed without him? manage to keep the 1st seed in the east when he was out?

yup

What the **** are you talking about

Check out the drop off between Curry on/off the court, especially last year in that great "system" with 'O Mama there goes that Man!' as coach... Curry carried the offense, he's shown he's capable of it. Rose 2011 doesn't compare, its not close.

Curry deserves the MVP this year...but I would take a 2011 Rose.