Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ingram will max out at...

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kevin Durant was pretty inconsistent as a rookie early into his career as well, difference is he played on a trash lottery team so he had free reign to make any kind of mistake and play ISO ball all game if he wanted to, Ingram plays in a different system where he learns to share the ball and play off his teammates, he's a good shooter and has great physical tools but he will take some time to develop an NBA body and to get used to the speed.

listen to what guys like coach K and KD himself have said about this guy, he is special.
    KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
    25/3/7 on 48/42/86
    30/8/3 on 48/37/90

In his third year, he led OKC to the playoffs(50 wins), won his first scoring title and was second in the mvp voting in front of Kobe,Wade, Dirk, Howard and Melo. Oh he was only 21 years old.

Do you see Ingram having an impact and performance remotely close to that? Because from what we have seen, he will fall short of KD, which is pretty expected. Its pretty clear he is way worse than KD way and doesnt have the same potencial. KD is an all time great thought, so nothing to be embarassed.

I do thing Ingram has great potencial and he is really really young, so its hard to predict his path. Giannis was his age when he came and look at him now. I think he will become an all star eventually, but i dont see him as a superstar(top 10 or so player)

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I disagree. The guy is not a Tracie Murray or just any other spot up shooter, I at times see him take that quick first step and drive. Take the case of the recent game vs OKC. He just doesn't lurk in the perimter and spot up, the last play, he drove, read the defense then react. I know this video is college, but poor quickness? really? fast forward to minute 1:10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nmP_ckatQ
    Enough said. I've seen him try that time and time again so far in the NBA, and defenders always stay ahead of him.

Dont get me wrong, I really hope he proves me wrong. Im just skeptical

He's going to be a stud. Nobody that long, with that good a J, is going to be anything other than extremely valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    He's going to be a stud. Nobody that long, with that good a J, is going to be anything other than extremely valuable.
    Okay, I'm sorry.
    I know this comparison is shitty.
    But I couldn't resist it.

Andrea Barginani

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    Enough said. I've seen him try that time and time again so far in the NBA, and defenders always stay ahead of him.

Dont get me wrong, I really hope he proves me wrong. Im just skeptical
    Come on man, whether the video was from college or pros, you can easily use your eye test to see that he doesn't have "POOR QUICKNESS".
    Boris Diaw is slow, Kyle Anderson is slow etc, I am not saying Brandon has the lightning quickness of Iverson or Westbrook but the guy is not slow, infact you can check this link about how they track their speed.
    http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/speed/
    According to this, Ingram actually has better speed on offense 4.73mph than Iggi, Wiggins,Beal etc. If you think this is flawed, you'll see centers like Bogut and Al Jefferson at below 4mph while Steph Curry has 5.17.
    You want more facts,http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/tracking/shots/
    Well, Ingram have taken his most shots when he dribbles atleast 3-6 times at 19.2%, if the guy is that slow, how on earth can he even take those shots not unless you are implying that he backs down his defender like Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Okay, I'm sorry.
    I know this comparison is shitty.
    But I couldn't resist it.

Andrea Barginani
    fair post though.

He's already probably a much better defender than Bargs though, which was his biggest knock

ITS SOOO FUNNY to me, that people always shoot at the hip, see a few games, look at a few box scores, and boom. they have a conclusion.

And Im not saying this JUST as a laker fan, but becauase Ingram was who I wanted even before I knew who lakers were going the draft.

He got billed as the next KD, but, while he does have some KD in him, the guy has a lot of a Pippen/KL in him. He's going to control the game is many more ways than scoring. While I do not think he's ever going to be the pure scorer that Durant is, Hes going to be a much better defender an all around better player.

Same stuff people were saying about Russell last year. Some guy was saying something about him having heavy feet. lol. AND I was saying the same things about Russ that IM SAYING ABOUT BI.

I wanted lakers to draft him over anyone 2 yrs ago. Just wait. this kid is going to blow up.

Same thing ppl were saying about Randle. and I WAS SAYING the same things about Randle. Dont believe me? LOOK IT UP. Mean John defends Randle, Russell, Ingram.

Look it up, I wanted each and everyone of these kids before I even knew which pick lakers would get in the lottery.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

He needs to mature and gain muscle in my eyes russell is not the star of this team after 2 or 3 years it could very well be ingram. Guy has good basketball IQ and is not really forcing his shot guys of that mold can be good enough in this league like Kawhi and Paul George prior to injury.

I thought he wouldn't be very good from the get go, and that has been the case so far. I agree with your assessment. He'll be a regular, run of the mill guy in the league. I didn't really see all the potential to lead him to go number 2 in the draft, and some people talking about as if he was clear cut number 1 and ahead of Simmons.
    He doesn't really have much feel for the game unlike Simmons, plus he isn't anywhere near the athlete. The KD comparisons were terrible too. No where near the shooter, athlete, nor is his game anywhere near as smooth.

Cali Love

Ingram just had his season high 16 pts in his FIRST start of the year vs the Warriors. He's barely 19 and already our best defender on the wings. Already outplaying the 70 mill Luol Deng after 15 games in.

Some of y'all need to stop talking bball. It's embarrassing really.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
    KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
    25/3/7 on 48/42/86
    30/8/3 on 48/37/90

In his third year, he led OKC to the playoffs(50 wins), won his first scoring title and was second in the mvp voting in front of Kobe,Wade, Dirk, Howard and Melo. Oh he was only 21 years old.

Do you see Ingram having an impact and performance remotely close to that? Because from what we have seen, he will fall short of KD, which is pretty expected. Its pretty clear he is way worse than KD way and doesnt have the same potencial. KD is an all time great thought, so nothing to be embarassed.

I do thing Ingram has great potencial and he is really really young, so its hard to predict his path. Giannis was his age when he came and look at him now. I think he will become an all star eventually, but i dont see him as a superstar(top 10 or so player)
    KD struggled with his 3 pt shot in his rookie year. Had to learn when to attack the close out and when to let it fly. Completely ditched the 3 point game middle of his rookie year. Got pushed out the lane and bullied in the post. Ingram is having the same issues but his defense is what really sets him apart IMO.

His triple threat game will never be like Durant's but him already effecting the game in other ways is encouraging asf. Kid is a gym rat too.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Come on man, whether the video was from college or pros, you can easily use your eye test to see that he doesn't have "POOR QUICKNESS".
    Boris Diaw is slow, Kyle Anderson is slow etc, I am not saying Brandon has the lightning quickness of Iverson or Westbrook but the guy is not slow, infact you can check this link about how they track their speed.
    http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/speed/
    According to this, Ingram actually has better speed on offense 4.73mph than Iggi, Wiggins,Beal etc. If you think this is flawed, you'll see centers like Bogut and Al Jefferson at below 4mph while Steph Curry has 5.17.
    You want more facts,http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/tracking/shots/
    Well, Ingram have taken his most shots when he dribbles atleast 3-6 times at 19.2%, if the guy is that slow, how on earth can he even take those shots not unless you are implying that he backs down his defender like Charles Barkley
    But is that average speed not first step. Im talking about first step

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    ITS SOOO FUNNY to me, that people always shoot at the hip, see a few games, look at a few box scores, and boom. they have a conclusion.

And Im not saying this JUST as a laker fan, but becauase Ingram was who I wanted even before I knew who lakers were going the draft.

He got billed as the next KD, but, while he does have some KD in him, the guy has a lot of a Pippen/KL in him. He's going to control the game is many more ways than scoring. While I do not think he's ever going to be the pure scorer that Durant is, Hes going to be a much better defender an all around better player.

Same stuff people were saying about Russell last year. Some guy was saying something about him having heavy feet. lol. AND I was saying the same things about Russ that IM SAYING ABOUT BI.

I wanted lakers to draft him over anyone 2 yrs ago. Just wait. this kid is going to blow up.

Same thing ppl were saying about Randle. and I WAS SAYING the same things about Randle. Dont believe me? LOOK IT UP. Mean John defends Randle, Russell, Ingram.

Look it up, I wanted each and everyone of these kids before I even knew which pick lakers would get in the lottery.
    Randle is shit bro

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
    KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
    25/3/7 on 48/42/86
    30/8/3 on 48/37/90

KD had a pretty inefficient rookie season all things considered, a ton of bad games inbetween those nights he went off, Ingram has had the chance to only play 1 game as a starter..his role is going to increase as the season goes on and you will see more of his game.

KD himself said that Ingram was further along as a player than he was at that age, from everything we've heard and seen he definitely has superstar potential but it will take time. He just turned 19.

Wayyyy too early to judge. Kid just barely turned 19