Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: We're back boys!

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think you're right about Okafor. I was not impressed by him when I watched him in March Madness when so much was on the line. What I do NOT understand is that he was bigger, stronger & taller than everyone out there during March, and he essentially was shut down offensively. Defensively, his game is bit limited because he lacks athleticism, and is not quick.

He and Randle will get in each other's way on both ends of the field. Just look at how well Zbo/Marc Gasol works together because they complement each other well. Look at Pau/Bynum.. It just worked because they complement each other well. Okafor/Randle have very similar strengths & weaknesses - they don't complement each other well.

Please Lakers, don't draft Okafor.
    They compliment each other fine imo. Both can pass and clean help clean up each other's messes offensively. If both were JUST bruisers then yea that wouldn't make sense, but they have other skills... and like mentioned, the most important thing is both can pass and make plays handling the rock as well.

I think that, if we don't take Okafor; we can only go Russell. I think Mudiay is a risk. Idk why, but I'm skeptical of guys who come into the L that haven't played college ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    I think that, if we don't take Okafor; we can only go Russell. I think Mudiay is a risk. Idk why, but I'm skeptical of guys who come into the L that haven't played college ball.
    He played against professional players in a professional league. He averaged 18/6/6 as a 18 year old. I think thats a better gauge than college bc the talent he would be playing against is weaker. He proved he can play on a professional level

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    He played against professional players in a professional league. He averaged 18/6/6 as a 18 year old. I think thats a better gauge than college bc the talent he would be playing against is weaker. He proved he can play on a professional level

Dude he played in the CBA. The same league that Stephon Marbury came and dropped 25 Pts a game his first seSon, when he left the league he was putting up a strong 3.8 points a game... Guy wasn't good enough for the NBA, goes to CBA and he's the MVP. @ 37 years old he averaged 29 Pts on 54% shooting and winning championships and winning Finals MVP. Look at Exum. He was playing professional Ball in Australia and putting up similar stats. So I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Dude he played in the CBA. The same league that Stephon Marbury came and dropped 25 Pts a game his first seSon, when he left the league he was putting up a strong 3.8 points a game... Guy wasn't good enough for the NBA, goes to CBA and he's the MVP. @ 37 years old he averaged 29 Pts on 54% shooting and winning championships and winning Finals MVP. Look at Exum. He was playing professional Ball in Australia and putting up similar stats. So I wouldn't put much thought into it.
    CBA is still a professional league with professional players. It has more pro talent than the NCAA. Do you think NCAA teams are better than CBA teams?

Obviously it is much less talent than NBA, but its above NCAA teams. You are playing against grown men who have been playing pro ball where NCAA is full of kids who won't even sniff pro ball.

If you can gauge talent based of how guys played in NCAA, you should be able to do the same in a professional league

A season in CBA is more valuable than one in NCAA for many reasons and it's not just on the court. It's a valuable experience playing overseas so far from home, having to take care of yourself. The competition level is easily as good as college ball when you consider 99% of college players will never sniff the NBA. It's not like the NCAA is a golden ticket to the big time.

The only thing NCAA is better for is promoting yourself on a national level

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    A season in CBA is more valuable than one in NCAA for many reasons and it's not just on the court. It's a valuable experience playing overseas so far from home, having to take care of yourself. The competition level is easily as good as college ball when you consider 99% of college players will never sniff the NBA. It's not like the NCAA is a golden ticket to the big time.

The only thing NCAA is better for is promoting yourself on a national level
    I have to disagree. I think the CBA is garbage, NCAA>>>>>>>>>CBA.

See, when I think of the CBA, the same league where a 37 year old washed up Marbury was a league MVP, putting up 29/5/5 on 54% FG?.

It's NOT a knock on professional leagues outside of the NBA, however, when Marbury was in the league 4-5 years ago, he was a scrub. Even when he got playing time.

I hold more value to a guy who is playing in say, the big ten, ACC, etc over someone who was putting up 18/6 in the CBA.

Now, if he was putting up 18/6 in Greece or in Spain, okay. that is different. That is Impressive as an 18 yr old. However, this is my opinion. The CBA has improved, but again, I wouldn't feel comfortable drafting him with a top 5 pick.

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Hey where's everybody at? It's been 2 months later since the last post on this topic. Don't anyone post up in here anymore? It's like real spooky in here

Quote Originally Posted by Da Kobester
    Hey where's everybody at? It's been 2 months later since the last post on this topic. Don't anyone post up in here anymore? It's like real spooky in here
    It's summer time buddy. Many forums here will not be active until early October when everyone is getting ready for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    It's summer time buddy. Many forums here will not be active until early October when everyone is getting ready for the season to start.
    Worst stretch of the season for one-dimensional-sports NBA fans, such as myself

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

being #2 feels like #1