Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: if only the basketball hall of fame was as elite as the baseball HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Step 1: Open Thread
    Step 2: Notice OP
    Step 3: Ponder how this is a thread glorifying Kobe
    Step 4: Notice devaluing of Pau
    Step 5: Exit thread
    Step 6: Never return to the thread
    I don't see the step where you replied to the thread.

Banned

Default Re: if only the basketball hall of fame was as elite as the baseball HOF

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    I don't see the step where you replied to the thread.

Banned

classic type of idiot fan.

a player lover ( in this case a kobe dick eater ) before team lover bashing a guy that outplayed his favourite guy in the most important game of their love * game 7 vs boston*

what an embarassment and arogant piece of shit that thinks all goes around kobe and doesn't realise that basketball doesn't only mean nba, lakers and kobe.

negged.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    classic type of idiot fan.

a player lover ( in this case a kobe dick eater ) before team lover bashing a guy that outplayed his favourite guy in the most important game of their love * game 7 vs boston*

what an embarassment and arogant piece of shit that thinks all goes around kobe and doesn't realise that basketball doesn't only mean nba, lakers and kobe.

negged.

i used to love gasol. until idiots started clamoring together in a circle jerk to overrate gasol to the point of saying hes a legendary finals mvp who carried kobe and is a 1st ballot hall of famer when reggie miller and dennis rodman were 2nd ballot themselves

now i hate the f*ckin Spaniard

atleast us kobe fans are a bit more realistic with our historical rankings

kobes top 6-7 all time at best... top 8-10 all time at worst

gasol is a borderline hall of famer that shouldnt make it as an nba player. but instead a contributor to the game of basketball through international contributions. if he goes in it should be the same as yao ming got elected

thats an honest fair assessment. because i actually have a sense of decency

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    then i could take it seriously

for instance

pau gasol is supposedly a lock for the hall of fame.

hes nearing the end of his career and he's only scored 15,000 points

only 4 reserve allstar selections

only 1 second team all nba

only 2 third team all nba's

his biggest success is

- 2 championships as 2nd best player ( with around 10+ less ppg than the #1 option on his team )

- 2 olympic silver medals
    Somehow you are unable of even making a decent resume of his career.

Add to those acoomplishment, Rookie of the year, lead a very poor grizzlies team to their first PO in a very stacked west conference. World champion and twice Europe champion, best scorer in Athens and Pekin olympics, MVP of several international tournaments... In fact form 2007 to 2010 Gasol's team (Lakers and Spain) have played every single final possible losing only two of them... coincidence?

Considering he's being playing the same position as Duncan, Nowitzki or Garnette, all of them considered to be among the top PF of all time , I really think 4 All-star and a few second/third all nba teams is already quite an acoomplishment.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

OP somehow manages to be the dumbest troll in one of the dumbest forums on the Internet

But is the Roger Marris situation the norm for Major League Baseball? He was hated on many times for breaking Ruth's record. But are other players with similar stats not getting in the baseball hall of fame? I really don't know because I don't watch baseball, but you can't just pick one player as an example.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't realize that the OP was Kenneth with his agenda of putting down every player that ever played for the Lakers in order to make Kobe look better.
    Last edited by jstern; 10-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.