Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

this is my point.. if a 2 year prime and 2nd leading role is hall of fame

then why isnt roger maris in the baseball hall of fame?

unlike gasol. instead of being a top 15 player in his prime. maris was the #1 overall player

and unike gasol. he set records and won titles as the mvp of the team and the league

his prime also lasted 4 years. and they say that isnt long enough. so why is gasols 3 year prime worthy of the hall of fame when its so vastly inferior in comparison

baseball HOF >>>>>>>>>>>>>> basketball HOF

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Default Re: if only the basketball hall of fame was as elite as the baseball HOF

This is beyond pathetic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: if only the basketball hall of fame was as elite as the baseball HOF

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    this is my point.. if a 2 year prime and 2nd leading role is hall of fame

then why isnt roger maris in the baseball hall of fame?

unlike gasol. instead of being a top 15 player in his prime. maris was the #1 overall player

and unike gasol. he set records and won titles as the mvp of the team and the league

his prime also lasted 4 years. and they say that isnt long enough. so why is gasols 3 year prime worthy of the hall of fame when its so vastly inferior in comparison

baseball HOF >>>>>>>>>>>>>> basketball HOF
    (I don't know jack about baseball) but:
    - How did Roger Maris contributed to expand MLB around the world?
    - How many world series (is that the international competitions right?) won Roger Maris or was the top performer?
    - How can you compare the international relevance of baseball with basketball around the world?

Gasol won 2 rings while averaging 19/11/3 - 61 TS% and was an all-star caliber player for most of his career.

You're a Laker fan right? Why are you arguing against him potentially making the HOF? Do you know how many teams would kill to have a player like Pau be their 2nd best player? I wish Chris Paul played with a 2nd option like Pau in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    (I don't know jack about baseball) but:
    - How did Roger Maris contributed to expand MLB around the world?
    - How many world series (is that the international competitions right?) won Roger Maris or was the top performer?
    - How can you compare the international relevance of baseball with basketball around the world?
    vince carter brought fan support from canada... and turned out guys like wiggins and bennett because of the inspiration

is he a hall of famer?

no... and his career stats/prime are way better and he has twice as many allstar games

but to answer your question. the world series is the mlb championship. its not an international competition. infact the world series is currently being played between boston and st louis

but anyway... i guess if theres a golf handicap placed on international players for special treatment. i guess i'l have to deal with it

i know its the basketball hall of fame and not the nba hall of fame. so i guess if i personally want to make the HOF.. i guess i could suit up for team canada.. lose a bunch of times... and inspire some hockey fans to shoot some hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Gasol won 2 rings while averaging 19/11/3 - 61 TS%.
    All star caliber player most of his career.

You're a Laker fan right? Why are you arguing against him potentially making the HOF? Do you know how many teams would kill to have a player like Pau be their 2nd best player? I wish Chris Paul played with a 2nd option like Pau in the playoffs.
    Not a Lakers fan, Kobe fan. Sorry for correcting you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Gasol won 2 rings while averaging 19/11/3 - 61 TS% and was an all-star caliber player for most of his career.

singular accomplishments within a 2 year span while not even being the main reason for them is not a hall of fame gimmy

hall of fame is about careers

if a rookie came into the league and dropped 101 points.. won a title and had 10 seasons of crap after that. he wouldnt make the hall of fame

vince carter brought fan support from canada... and turned out guys like wiggins and bennett because of the inspiration

is he a hall of famer?

no... and his career stats/prime are way better and he has twice as many allstar games

but to answer your question. the world series is the mlb championship. its not an international competition. infact the world series is currently being played between boston and st louis

but anyway... i guess if theres a golf handicap placed on international players for special treatment. i guess i'l have to deal with it

i know its the basketball hall of fame and not the nba hall of fame. so i guess if i personally want to make the HOF.. i guess i could suit up for team canada.. lose a bunch of times... and inspire some hockey fans to shoot some hoops

I'm not really going to try to explain to you again, it's a lost case.
    Go do that then, i bet you would be the most talented player for Canada.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I'm not really going to try to explain to you again, it's a lost case.
    Go do that then, i bet you would be the most talented player for Canada.
    if you said that 5-7 years ago. it wouldnt have been that far fetched

i was really good and canada was god awful

if you said that 5-7 years ago. it wouldnt have been that far fetched

i was really good and canada was god awful
    Still, didn't happen.
    Less talk, more action

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Gasol is a HOF lock and the real 09 and 10 finals MVP get over it. Kobe "first round loser" Bryant should be thankful for that rigged trade.

Why did Pau have to be the main reason his team won to make the HOF? What were the Lakers doing in the years before Pau got there? Nothing. They didn't win SH!T. What happened after he joined the Lakers?

He was clearly making a HOF-level impact on those teams. That's all that matters.

then i could take it seriously

for instance

pau gasol is supposedly a lock for the hall of fame.

hes nearing the end of his career and he's only scored 15,000 points

only 4 reserve allstar selections

only 1 second team all nba

only 2 third team all nba's

his biggest success is

- 2 championships as 2nd best player ( with around 10+ less ppg than the #1 option on his team )

- 2 olympic silver medals
    that's where you're wrong. he should've had 2 championships with 2 FMVPs. so yeah, that pretty much locks him up for HOF.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Why not have an NBA HoF instead of a basketball HoF? Those international players are cramping the style of the HoF'ers of the most elite league in the world. But even still some of the guys in the NBA HoF are questionable or borderline guys.