Default one blemish in Tim Duncan's Hall of Fame career -

1x Olympic Bronze Medal

Timmay was a 5x member of USA basketball teams and played in 40 international games but "only" managed a bronze medal.

Banned

Default Re: one blemish in Tim Duncan's Hall of Fame career -

1999 .5* ring also.

I don't blame him for that. It's the job of the PG to determine how share the wealth, so to speak.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

2013 finals too.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    2013 finals too.
    Curious why you say this since he was the whole reason for their dominance inside over the heat and played magnificently almost every single game that series. He honestly looked a bit like prime timmy at times in terms of dominance. Leonard was a bit starstruck but tried his best, Splitter played some of the worst basketball I've ever witnessed in the NBA, and Parker and Ginobli were struggling. Green was definitely a bright spot that year though.

As for the topic, I don't know if it's really a blemish. Gold metals don't really mean much to me. He only tried once after all. Not like he consistently lost. Only other good player on team was AI anyway and his game was horrible for that setting. I think Odom may have been on there and did pretty well.
    Last edited by Dbrog; 08-14-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Curious why you say this since he was the whole reason for their dominance over the heat and played magnificently almost every single game that series. He honestly looked a bit like prime timmy at times in terms of dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    snip
    So....him missing one shot after carrying his team all series is a blemish? I can't say I agree with that, especially since he has been historically clutch.

Stephon Marbury was the starting point guard, that's why Team USA lost.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Stephon Marbury was the starting point guard, that's why Team USA lost.
    ewwww...I forgot about that . Dude that team was so horribly put together. I think I remember Spain and Greece being pretty good back then too.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I don't blame him for that. It's the job of the PG to determine how share the wealth, so to speak.
    People who didn't watch the Olympics try to blame Duncan, because he was the only star.

Teams were trippling him, meaning the outside shooters had to win it for us. They were atrocious. AI shot his usualy 35%, Brown fell in love with RJeff even though he was awful. Add to that the ticky-tack fouls, and it's easy to see why they lost.

Duncan under-performed, but that team was awful. The 03 team was much better, and Duncan was still the best player for them.

People want to act like he became the 12th man. He was still the second leading scorer, leading rebounder and shotblocker, 3rd most efficient scorer, second best FT shooter.

I don't really care though. 04 was the best thing that could have happened to him from a fan perspective. Just look at all the recent USA Basketball injuries.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    People who didn't watch the Olympics try to blame Duncan, because he was the only star.

Teams were trippling him, meaning the outside shooters had to win it for us. They were atrocious. AI shot his usualy 35%, Brown fell in love with RJeff even though he was awful. Add to that the ticky-tack fouls, and it's easy to see why they lost.

Duncan under-performed, but that team was awful. The 03 team was much better, and Duncan was still the best player for them.

People want to act like he became the 12th man. He was still the second leading scorer, leading rebounder and shotblocker, 3rd most efficient scorer, second best FT shooter.

I don't really care though. 04 was the best thing that could have happened to him from a fan perspective. Just look at all the recent USA injuries.
    Oberto
    Scola
    Nocioni
    Ginobili
    Sanchez

6th man: Delfino

owned

Duncan
    Stoudamire
    James
    Anthony
    Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    Oberto
    Scola
    Nocioni
    Ginobili
    Sanchez

6th man: Delfino

owned

Duncan
    Stoudamire
    James
    Anthony
    Iverson

And all of his international competitiveness has cost the Spurs competing for more than a few years. Surprised a Spurs fan would be so happy about that.

But yes, Manu was great in that Olympics. Entertaining as hell too.