Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: R we really gonna act like lakers aren't favorite to come out of the west now?

lakers still have no bench and their coach sucks.(in my maury voice)......IN THE CASE OF THE 2012 NBA FINALS..........................THE LAKERS ARE NOT THE CHAMPIONS

Default Re: R we really gonna act like lakers aren't favorite to come out of the west now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    lol no. their bench and SF position is still a glaring weakness.

Its still 5 vs 4 with either artest/barnes out there. Two people who can't shoot to save their life.

This.

Let us not forget their bench. These additions do provide a new dimension for them in terms of added youth, and playmaking plus size, and some fresh blood.

But honestly I doubt its enough to get them over the hump. Only time will tell.

I really wanted them to land Beasley.

No unless artest starts scoring more and goudelock is our sixth man

Local High School Star

Lol.. Is this serious?
    Lakers have not played like a contender this season. Will that change now.. Maybe.. Probably not. So u replaced your rubbish pg with another rubbish (slightly better) pg... Now u think u r a contender.. Bahahahhahh. 70% of your roster stinks. Good luck with that paper thin roster in the playoffs lol..

Banned

Parker > Sessions
    Manu < Kobe (but give me a SG rotation of Manu/Jackson/Neal any day over Kobe/Goudelock/Eyenga/scrubs)
    Leonard/Green > World Peace/Barnes
    Duncan > Gasol
    Blair < Bynum

Spurs bench > Lakers bench

Obviously the Kobe factor gives a considerable edge to LA but, even so, the Spurs improved tremendously this season. Penciling them in as the favorites out west, simply because they have a younger point guard, is ridiculously premature.

Banned

If you think about it, the West is so bad this year outside of OKC that the Lakers have a chance.

Local High School Star

I seriously think you don't realize the point guard you received in Sessions. We really like him in Cleveland; however, Laker fan needs to watch more game film.

This is not the point guard to get you over the edge. Sorry.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Parker > Sessions
    Manu < Kobe (but give me a SG rotation of Manu/Jackson/Neal any day over Kobe/Goudelock/Eyenga/scrubs)
    Duncan > Gasol
    Blair < Bynum

Obviously the Kobe factor gives a considerable edge to LA but, even so, the Spurs improved tremendously this season. Penciling them in as the favorites out west, simply because they have a younger point guard, is ridiculously premature.
    Sorry bro but spurs one team I'm just not worried about, seen Kobe go ham on yo boys way too many times

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    . So u replaced your rubbish pg with another rubbish (slightly better) pg...

Im sorry dude, but Sessions is not "slightly better" than our old PG rotation. Hes a vast upgrade on all fronts.

Now is that enough to put LA over the hump? I dont know, but that is one position that wont be complete garbage now.

Decent college freshman

Parker > Sessions
    Duncan > Gasol
    Blair < Bynum

You forgot SJax, who I think can really help the Spurs. Spurs have been quietly playing great bball (as always) and were already a dark horse in the west, I think SJax puts them over the edge in the contender discussion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    I seriously think you don't realize the point guard you received in Sessions. We really like him in Cleveland; however, Laker fan needs to watch more game film.

This is not the point guard to get you over the edge. Sorry.
    I'm assuming the idiom you're looking for is "over the hump". "Over the edge" refers to suicide.

I rep Lakers!

This must be really hard for Laker haters. We were supposed to be lucky with the 5-8th seed this year and now we are easily top 2/3 in the West & shedding salary every move we make. We are better but I will be interested to see how we click I think we can definitely beat SA because of our front court and it would be a dog fight with the Thunder. I still think the Lakers should sign Arenas to finish out the year and to let him audition for other teams. He hasn't played a game this year and made 20 mil so I could see him taking $750,000 from the Lakers to finish out the season. Lakers are getting better though there is no doubt about that

Banned

Parker > Sessions
    Duncan > Gasol
    Blair < Bynum

duncan is better than gasol?

what the **** am i reading? its 2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You forgot SJax, who I think can really help the Spurs. Spurs have been quietly playing great bball (as always) and were already a dark horse in the west, I think SJax puts them over the edge in the contender discussion.
    I mentioned Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    Sorry bro but spurs one team I'm just not worried about, seen Kobe go ham on yo boys way too many times
    I'm not a Spurs fan. It's possible to think a team (emphasis on the word team, not three primary scorers and a terrible bench) is better than another one without having a predetermined fan agenda.

Whatever the case, the Thunder can trounce both LA and San Antonio.