Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe says Trade Bynum in Candid Vid

why exactly did the Lakers draft Bynum from the first place if they really wanted to build a contender team?
    why didn't they trade away the 1st pick in a weak draft?
    the Lakers caught themself in this bad position by themself
    they didn't take advantage of FA market, didn't make any trade but sending away Butler
    so ofcourse they are now in a bad position to build a contender
    they've been making mistakes for the past 3 years.

Local High School Star

The reason why the Lakers have no bench - if you want to be real - is that it is very hard ot get cheap talent when you are winning. You pay for the dynasty with years of poor play (ask the Bulls) because you just couldn't build. Team was too good to play young guys and draft picks too low to get young-cheap talent.

Its not the last 3 years, its 8 years of failing to re-stock young talent, some of that failure due to just the confines of the system

Unless you have a generational superstar to stem tides (like Duncan) it is darn near impossible to keep winning championships consistently.

Local High School Star

But the Lakers suck at player evaluation. They don't seem to have an eye for talent. They passed on drafting Barbosa. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why the signed Radmonovich -- he didn't fill any need on the Lakers.

1. LA needs a a REAL point guard
    2. LA needs somone who can create shots off the dribble
    3. LA needs someone who can score efficiently in the paint
    4. LA needs an interior defensive presence

We need a front office who knows what it's doing. Look at how the Spurs keep bring in good talent and keep winning.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

This was a really fukced up thing to do by those guys. Not because they are "exposing" him or anything, but that is just a breach of trust between a guy who just thinks he is talking to some fans like he normally does, and it turning into an internet scandal throwing him under the bus. Even if he stays, how do you ever speak candidly with fans again? They said the guys he's talking to are regulars like he is to that deli they're standing outside and were on general speaking terms. Then they pull some crap like this and boom ,scandal. Unbelievable man. I'm not Kobe Bryant but if I was famous and someone I was acquainted with taped me on the low and played it to the media and net, i'd be pissed. Especially with people who you're supposed to be friendly with and are fans trying to get you to stay. What a backstabbing d!ick.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    But the Lakers suck at player evaluation. They don't seem to have an eye for talent. They passed on drafting Barbosa. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why the signed Radmonovich -- he didn't fill any need on the Lakers.

1. LA needs a a REAL point guard
    2. LA needs somone who can create shots off the dribble
    3. LA needs someone who can score efficiently in the paint
    4. LA needs an interior defensive presence

We need a front office who knows what it's doing. Look at how the Spurs keep bring in good talent and keep winning.
    Spurs are different - they have a generational player - the last true franchise player in the sport. Duncan embodies the system and enforces for the coach on the floor both with words and with play. "This is how we do it, if you want to be part of it, you'll do it this way to, if there is anything I can do to help you, I will"

You say the LA front office has 0 idea what its doing, that may be true - I submit that it is unreasonable to ask any front office to break down a dynasty and turn it back into a contender in 3 years - absent a Duncan.

NO GM, NONE could have this team at the Phx/Dall level as of right now, NO GM could have this team even at the Utah/Hou level.

The dynastic years robbed it of free agents and high-draft choices.The dynastic years have caused high-salaries and older players. It is impossible and unreasonable for ANYONE to beleive that this team should be a contender already. All the fictional trades you want to beleive in Artest, Kidd, Boozer - all coming over for nothing (only one of which even remotely possible) - still the team has no bench, and no time together and is still not at the phx/Dall/SA level.

..unless you beleive that Kobe is a Duncan-esque style franchise player, which is plainly apparent he is not.

Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Starks
    try to think like a gm for a sec and not a fantasy owner and you'll see why the Kidd deal made no sense - not from a "Lets keep Bynum" perspective, but a "Lets not take on Kidd"
    all good teams start with a good PG (Spurs, Suns, Pistons). Yes for the future this might not be a good trade but for the next few years itd give the lakers a great oppurtunity at taking the title.

If bynum turns out to be a bust i'll be laughing.

It all depends on whether you want to win the title now or in the future. Kobe obviously doesn't want to wait any longer. It was bad communication between him and the organization. Anyway, I'm glad we kept Kidd. I don't want Bynum, he's all hype.

Root Of All Evil

I'm not supporting these little L.A. douche bags. I'm not paying to see this video. Hopefully it will be online sometime soon.

See Kobe? Everything in L.A. goes bad. It's full of rottend, back stabbing, manipulators. Come out to the mid-west charm of Chi-Town, where you will be met with open arms.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    I'm not supporting these little L.A. douche bags. I'm not paying to see this video. Hopefully it will be online sometime soon.

See Kobe? Everything in L.A. goes bad. It's full of rottend, back stabbing, manipulators. Come out to the mid-west charm of Chi-Town, where you will be met with open arms.
    I hear ya, I mean how low can you go? These guys should be taken to Singapore and caned.

Saw a basketball once

What if there was a Shaq tape calling for Kobe to be traded after he shot all those airballs in the Jazz series?

Its funny to see Kobe take this stance because he once was the young teenager on a team that was trying to break through to championship level. How soon we forget......

Serious playground baller

Kobe really is that guy you want on your team ..I mean who wouldn't want a ballhog who snitches on you and trashes you behind your back

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
    What if there was a Shaq tape calling for Kobe to be traded after he shot all those airballs in the Jazz series?

Its funny to see Kobe take this stance because he once was the young teenager on a team that was trying to break through to championship level. How soon we forget......
    Cuz from day one, Kobe displayed great talent and everyone knew that it was just a matter of time. The thing that really bothers me about Bynum is his lack of athleticsm.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    Cuz from day one, Kobe displayed great talent and everyone knew that it was just a matter of time. The thing that really bothers me about Bynum is his lack of athleticsm.
    As a Laker fan...its disheartening to know that Kobe would be able to talk about a teammate in that manner to a "fan" on the street. It makes me wonder if he will ever be a great team guy.

His talent & work ethic is undeniable, even though many on ISH like to do so. He is the best this league has to offer when it comes to those 2 attributes.

But as a teammate, I think that stinks, especially since he should have an idea of what Bynum is going through with his transition from high school to the NBA. It says a lot about him. Volumes in fact. If I were a Laker, I'd wonder what the heck he was saying about me behind my back.....This was the last straw...it is time for him to go.

Ray Allen is a prophet....

Learning to shoot layups td21spurs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Lakers need a big man more than they need a point in the triangle offense which doesnt even use the pg like other offenses...

J.O would help, but even he wouldnt put the lakers over the top by himself...KG would be good, but I dont think he does it either(by himself)....

and unless kobe gives up the ball hogging and changes his demeanor as a teammate, it wont really matter...

part of the reason the lakers are this mediocre is because kobe is the leader and he isnt helping his teammates play together
    Bingo. Kobe does not know when to pass or shoot, really, just watch him play. he can't control his game, and his shot selection is horrible. and he just doesn't have the ability to bring teammates together. over 3 years have gone by, the chemistry of the team has been shaky at best.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by td21spurs
    Bingo. Kobe does not know when to pass or shoot, really, just watch him play. he can't control his game, and his shot selection is horrible. and he just doesn't have the ability to bring teammates together. over 3 years have gone by, the chemistry of the team has been shaky at best.
    You can't blame him for not making his teammates better. I mean, if doesn't score a lot o points, usually the Lakers don't win. The Lakers are starting guys who would be lucky to come off the bench for most teams in the league.