Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re: My Respect for Kobe has Grown Recently

5 is more than 2.

so:

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Not a flame, hate or nut hugging thread, just reality.

Those of you who have been around know that I am historically a critic of Kobe, I never liked his game and I never liked him as a teammate and I always thought he was doing a dimestore impersonation of GOAT but lately I have seen him in a different light.

Kobe in a vacuum (which is how I have always looked at him) was not pretty, ball hog and asshole, but now that we are seeing his entire career, the reality is a much richer tapestry than what initially meets the eye.

The guy is a survivor (which I respect), he gets stuck in when the going gets tough (which I respect), he doesn't look to others to help in times of need (which I respect) and he keeps on truckin (which as I get older, I really respect).

Also, seeing the behavior of his rivals for top dog of his era, Kobe looks even better, and I think history will reflect favorably on Mamba. He didn't do the hired gun routine (like Shaq did), he didn't lean on others to build his brand (like Bran did), he didn't try to come across as fuzzy and lovable (like KD does), he just went out and did it his way (like Frank Sinatra did).

I think once Kobe and Duncan are gone, we will miss the true professionals.

RESPECT

Those of you who have been around know that I am historically a critic of Kobe, I never liked his game and I never liked him as a teammate and I always thought he was doing a dimestore impersonation of GOAT but lately I have seen him in a different light.

Kobe in a vacuum (which is how I have always looked at him) was not pretty, ball hog and asshole, but now that we are seeing his entire career, the reality is a much richer tapestry than what initially meets the eye.

The guy is a survivor (which I respect), he gets stuck in when the going gets tough (which I respect), he doesn't look to others to help in times of need (which I respect) and he keeps on truckin (which as I get older, I really respect).

Also, seeing the behavior of his rivals for top dog of his era, Kobe looks even better, and I think history will reflect favorably on Mamba. He didn't do the hired gun routine (like Shaq did), he didn't lean on others to build his brand (like Bran did), he didn't try to come across as fuzzy and lovable (like KD does), he just went out and did it his way (like Frank Sinatra did).

RESPECT
    WTF are you talking about? If LA hadn't gotten Gasol when they did, Phil back and all that dude would have been gone. Did you forget he demanded a trade? Did you forget he forced his way onto the Lakers before he had played a second of NBA ball? F*ck outta here with this.

If you think he would have stayed on LA if they hadn't gotten Gasol (or similar caliber player) then you're a fool.

Also, let's see Bron best teammate he played with (prior to leaving) Mo Williams, Kobe best teammates he played with Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, Artest (coached by Phil).

Kobe "looks better" because management was able to consistently get talent around him, being that A. Mgmt was more competent in LA but most importantly LA is LA. Otherwise, he would've been unhappy and looking to leave as well. How anyone can honestly believe the garbage you just typed is beyond me.

DISRESPECT to your post.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    - He demanded a trade as soon as he didnt have a stacked team anymore (2007)

- Begged dwight to stay

- Is it in for the money these days

Yeah, you just proved you are the BIGGEST idiot on this board. Kobe begged Dwight to stay.

Kobe begged Dwight to stay. Do you realize that if Kobe begged Dwight to say, he'd more than likely still be here? One of the things Kobe told Dwight was that he would teach him to be a winner, that's not begging Dwight to stay. Kobe and Dwight never cared for each other in the first place, Kobe was probably partying when Dwight left due to their conflicting personalities. Go to your Lebron threads where you might actually have facts to present instead of attempting to troll without any fact or relevance, thank you.

I agree, kobe ​​is one of the true legends

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    WTF are you talking about? If LA hadn't gotten Gasol when they did, Phil back and all that dude would have been gone. Did you forget he demanded a trade? Did you forget he forced his way onto the Lakers before he had played a second of NBA ball? F*ck outta here with this.

If you think he would have stayed on LA if they hadn't gotten Gasol (or similar caliber player) then you're a fool.

Also, let's see Bron best teammate he played with (prior to leaving) Mo Williams, Kobe best teammates he played with Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, Artest (coached by Phil).

Kobe "looks better" because management was able to consistently get talent around him, being that A. Mgmt was more competent in LA but most importantly LA is LA. Otherwise, he would've been unhappy and looking to leave as well. How anyone can honestly believe the garbage you just typed is beyond me.

DISRESPECT to your post.
    But according to you, the Pau Gasol acquisition wasn't that important. At least that's what you said when it first happened

lol @ this shyt. Reminds me of back in 2003 when Laker fans were doing this same thing over signing Malone and Payton. Even similar wording about "beasting" and shyt.

Kobe Bryant is not leading a squad to a championship. I said it then, and I was right (no matter how many Laker fans try to re-write history) and I'm saying it again.

If he couldn't win with Shaq on his team shooting 60% and still dominating people, he's not winning it years older with Pau Gasol.

The only thing this does is get them a few more regular season wins, and make it even more entertaining for me when the inevitable flameout happens

What happened to that?

*Kobe says something nice about Wiggins saying Cavs ****ed up*

3 days later...

*Jizzo makes thread about his respect for Kobe*

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    But according to you, the Pau Gasol acquisition wasn't that important. At least that's what you said when it first happened

What happened to that?
    What happened to the Lakers owning the league when they got Dwight and it was Gasol, Dwight, Nash, Kobe and Artest?

Now I'm going to say this once, and that's it. I know you think it's clever and "ooh I'm gonna burn Knoe Itawl" to keep posting this shyt every time you see my name, even if it has nothing to do with the subject at hand but all I have to do is slap you on ignore (like I do with everyone else who does, it since I addressed all of that years ago).

See, if you really cared about "exposing" people, then you'd constantly post quotes from your fellow stans when LA first got Dwight over and over again when they post. But you don't, which we both know why.

So either you're going to cut the nonsense, or you get put on ignore with the rest. Doesn't really mater to me, but I can not post for WEEKS and as soon as you see one of my posts you immediately swoop in with the same garbage. You stans are like mosquitoes or something. Damn, stop sucking this dudes' nuts already. Do you get like a notification when I post or something? You hone in like a Kobe Dyckriding Missile.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Enjoy some more green bro, that's what I think people should respect about Kobe is his attitude and drive to succeed. Another thing is he's stuck with the Lakers through the darkest of times. He'll never be Jordan, but he's always been Kobe Bryant.

Kobe and Duncan are literally the last of the true greats.
    First of all, he whined like hell about the team and was very unhappy before they brought pau in. Things could have gone quite differently and I dont think its fair to look at it only in hindsight.

also, last of the true greats? You are a fool if you dont think that lebron and durant are among the best to ever play the game and will certainly be considered true greats when all is said and done.

What happened to the Lakers owning the league when they got Dwight and it was Gasol, Dwight, Nash, Kobe and Artest?

Now I'm going to say this once, and that's it. I know you think it's clever and "ooh I'm gonna burn Knoe Itawl" to keep posting this shyt every time you see my name, even if it has nothing to do with the subject at hand but all I have to do is slap you on ignore (like I do with everyone else who does, it since I addressed all of that years ago).

See, if you really cared about "exposing" people, then you'd constantly post quotes from your fellow stans when LA first got Dwight over and over again when they post. But you don't, which we both know why.

So either you're going to cut the nonsense, or you get put on ignore with the rest. Doesn't really mater to me, but I can not post for WEEKS and as soon as you see one of my posts you immediately swoop in with the same garbage. You stans are like mosquitoes or something. Damn, stop sucking this dudes' nuts already. Do you get like a notification when I post or something? You hone in like a Kobe Dyckriding Missile.
    Ether

Learning to shoot layups HannibalKid's Avatar

When did this idiot come back?

What happened to that?
    flopping lol and exposed

I bet you have a smalldick an get no pussi

probably ugly too. bran doesnt know you exist

edit: talking about knowitall. bet he doesnt know what a naked girl look like

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Is this a joke?

Let's see.

- forced a trade out of a small market when he hasn't play a single minute.
    - rode the coattail of another top 10 GOAT and act like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    - wanted out when goings get tough, only then said nvm when Pau Gasol dropped from heaven
    - took huge chunk of team's payroll when he can't play anymore and have barely touch the court in 2 years.
    Fair points. Kobe hasn't been an angel (neither was Magic for that matter).

That said I too find myself appreciating Kobe a bit more these days.

There just aren't many players with his drive/dedication left anymore, even if he has his flaws.

He is refreshing in an era where "stars" are laughing/joking on the bench when they're getting blown out or high fiving and making vacation plans with their opponents after playoff games.

To be honest too, Shaq deserves his fair share of the blame for the problems they had in LA too. He was immature when he should have been the "older brother" being 5-6 years older and refused to keep himself in shape. Kobe deserves blame too for being arrogant and aloof, but there's enough blame to go around.

It will be a sad day when he retires and a definite end of an era. That said, that doesn't mean Kobe-stans aren't still annoying.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 05:02 PM.

What happened to that?
    lmfao that quote is hilarious. The sad thing is the dude typed you a novel trying to save face instead of just admitting that he was a f*cking moron.

But then again, it's not surprising. You know that loser was sitting there with a big smile on his fat face as he typed his last bit about "the inevitable flameout"... Must have ruined him when Kobe led the Lakers to b2b championships.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

RESPECT

After some of the events that happened this summer, ive gained a new found respect for Kobe myself. but this post puts it all into perspective. Respect