Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cavs may hold off on contract talks with Luol Deng in hopes of pursuing LeBron James

You think his mom and wife want to go back to Cleveland.

Default Re: Cavs may hold off on contract talks with Luol Deng in hopes of pursuing LeBron James

why would lebron interrupt the process of establishing a dynasty in miami to go back to the city full of desperate fans

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    why would lebron interrupt the process of establishing a dynasty in miami to go back to the city full of desperate fans
    Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself. The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career. James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.

Plus he's from Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself. The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career. James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.

Plus he's from Ohio.
    i didn't see it that way you bring up a good point

Banned

I hope he goes back to Cleveland, it would be awesome.

Another important thing that comes to mind is the new CBA. The days of superstar teams are over.

Plus he's from Ohio.
    it is about the front office too. anyone who knows basketball knows that Miami's front office is better right now and most stars don't want to go to Cleveland in their prime. of course wade can't sing 15+ million a year contract next season to make this happen. bosh will be better than wade in an year's time given that heat has to rest wade in a lot of game to keep him healthy for playoffs.

bosh also has to sign a 15 mil contract at most. 99% chances are that lebron stays in miami no matter what happens this season.

Plus he's from Ohio.
    I heard that about the current Cleveland team and it has not been the case.

He would have a chance to win his first legitimate title if he did

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    it is about the front office too. anyone who knows basketball knows that Miami's front office is better right now and most stars don't want to go to Cleveland in their prime. of course wade can't sing 15+ million a year contract next season to make this happen. bosh will be better than wade in an year's time given that heat has to rest wade in a lot of game to keep him healthy for playoffs.

bosh also has to sign a 15 mil contract at most. 99% chances are that lebron stays in miami no matter what happens this season.
    I'd say Miami is the favorite but I wouldn't be so sure Wade takes the size of paycut they'd need him to to bring in star talent. If he declined his player option outright and left they still have 53 mil committed to James, Bosh, etc. And speaking of Bosh, why should he accept a pay cut? He's an All-Star, he's in his prime, and without him Miami would have no rings. If I'm Bosh I'm not doing that.

NBA rookie of the year

Because Miami isn't set up to be a Dynasty beyond having James himself.

Plus he's from Ohio.
    No shit. What team is set up to be a dynasty without their best player?

The second-best player is going to hasve knee issues for the rest of his career.
    Luckily for the Heat, they still have another all star PF/C.

James might be great enough to continue winning anyway but in the next few seasons the talent he'd be surrounded by in Cleveland is going to be better than what they have in Miami.
    You must be joking. You do realize the Cavs are 13-24?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I heard that about the current Cleveland team and it has not been the case.
    They have bad chemistry and Bennett is bustzilla but Waiters and Irving could definitely become a better duo than Bosh and Wade in the next few years. Not now, but looking into the future. They're much younger and very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    No shit. What team is set up to be a dynasty without their best player?

Luckily for the Heat, they still have another all star PF/C.

You must be joking. You do realize the Cavs are 13-24?
    What is so hard to understand? I am not talking about the Cavs right now, I'm talking about their future prospects.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Imagine Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau and Artest?

Oh wait a minute....
    You can't just take old, washed up, disinterested, broken down 40 years olds and throw them together and expect them to win.

One year later and Dwight is gone as is Artest. Pau will be gone and so will Nash.
    So one year later and Kobe is the only player left on that starting unit.

They have bad chemistry and Bennett is bustzilla but Waiters and Irving could definitely become a better duo than Bosh and Wade in the next few years. Not now, but looking into the future. They're much younger and very talented.
    Lebron will be in win now mode though, I wouldnt bet on the Cavs for the current free angency. That team needs to get it together.

I think he takes the extra two years on his contract and then leaves. If Cleveland is good/decent by then they will have a chance.