I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Andrew Bynum wants more than the minimum, market waning

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Either Euroleague or bowling for ya.
    anthony parker's goat status will be in peril

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    He's a scrub now. Can only play 20 minutes a game and his numbers are terrible. 41.9% fg for a center who apparently has the best post moves/footwork in the league?
    He started playing 30mins. He was on a mins restriction since he was coming off that injury. A lot of guys struggle when they haven't played in a while. If you actually watched Bynum play this year you would of saw that a few of his games he was on pace for 20+ pts and 10+ rebounds before getting pulled because he was on a restriction. When it was time for him to get off the court he didn't even went to come off.

This is actually a hidden message to the league by Bynum, or more of game.
    A game of "who is the most dumbest between GMs"
    Cavs obviously have an idiot GM, now the other best will have his moment of glory

i actually think that he can get a big paycheck in Russia or Turkey.

However contracts in europe aren't exactly "guaranteed", so if he starts acting up they'll probably ship him back to the states

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I don't understand why this is even a story -- AndrewBynum is a 26 year old who knows this may be his last payday in his chosen profession; of course he's looking for the biggest payday.

If he had belief in his game he'd be looking for a place where he could showcase himself to get a bigger payday next year.

As a big mark against him is he has bad character etc etc it would make sense to show he can be a part of a winning environment.

If he thinks he will be done after this year then, yeah, I guess it would be smart to take the money and run.

I dont understand why he is a "asshole" or its "not smart" like people are saying here. Why in the world would he settle for the min if he possibly can get more? How many contracts do you think Bynum has left in his career? He is actually playing it smart. He understands that his window to make $$ playing ball is very short. So he is going to try to maximize his earnings. Its not like his value is at a all time low. He was putting up some decent games as a cav and I do think someone will offer more than the min. No one in their respective fields would settle for less $ than they can get.

Bynum already has 2 chips, so its not like he is in dire distress over getting another. I do not blame him for going with the money. NBA players go through a ton of criticism bc they can never do right in spectators eyes. If he settles for min and goes to Miami, he is labeled as "ring chasing." If he comes out and says he is going to try to get as much money as possible he is then labeled as "selfish."

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    this guy is absolute trash and yet there's more dwight haters on this board then bynum haters.
    They're two of the most immature players in the league, but Bynum started causing problems after he left the Lakers. Dwight Started causing problems when he got to the Lakers which got him hated on by the media more than Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    They're two of the most immature players in the league, but Bynum started causing problems after he left the Lakers. Dwight Started causing problems when he got to the Lakers which got him hated on by the media more than Drew.
    You can kind of see it coming with Andrew. He never really showed that much passion. He also was not all that receptive to Kareems tutelage. At that point, I kind of started to see him in as not a guy totally committed.

Dwights problems started 2 years before he even came to LA. It started with that whole Orlando fiasco when he couldn't decide what he wanted to do and left the team in limbo for 2 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Dwight is just so annoying, trying so hard to be the cool guy everybody loves etc, like griffing is doing, we could form a team just build on guys who wants to be loved and highligt their coolness. We have big guys, Howard selfproclaimed superman with those so fcking ugly hate these things hipster glasses, griffin i can dunk, handle the ball after whistle is blown but my arms are so short that i can barely reach my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I dont understand why he is a "asshole" or its "not smart" like people are saying here. Why in the world would he settle for the min if he possibly can get more? How many contracts do you think Bynum has left in his career? He is actually playing it smart. He understands that his window to make $$ playing ball is very short. So he is going to try to maximize his earnings. Its not like his value is at a all time low. He was putting up some decent games as a cav and I do think someone will offer more than the min. No one in their respective fields would settle for less $ than they can get.

Bynum already has 2 chips, so its not like he is in dire distress over getting another. I do not blame him for going with the money. NBA players go through a ton of criticism bc they can never do right in spectators eyes. If he settles for min and goes to Miami, he is labeled as "ring chasing." If he comes out and says he is going to try to get as much money as possible he is then labeled as "selfish."
    How is he an asshole?
    Maybe because he's already ****ed over two teams in the past two seasons and earned way more money than he deserved - and not even in the bad contract type of way..he over earned in the most obnoxious, lazy, loser way. He was blatantly called out for not giving a crap during his "comeback" with the sixers. So what does he do next? He goes to Cleveland and gets a nice sum of money to go slip the hot beef injection into a coach's wife/girlfriend. There really is no reason to defend the guy. Yeah he's just looking out for himself, I would try to get money too if I was in his situation. Doesn't change the fact that he's a lazy POS.

Banned

If he was about the money, he should have not done stupid things and he would have gotten his 6mil, 12mil total from the Cavs. Instead, he shoots himself in the foot creating all this drama and thinks he would get more money? Then he wants to go to a team that is a contender. Then he wants more minutes but is in pain. It's like he's retarded or the most spoil brat player ever with no logic by doing everything to lower his value while wanting more money.

All the more reason Miami doesn't want to pay this guy more than min even though I've heard reports they have a mini mid level for 2mil. All the more reason they didn't waive Roger Mason Jr on a whim before the Jan deadline for guaranteed contracts because they need to do their homework on this nutjob and get his word that if he wants to come here. He'll need take his small humble pie and have a structured, planned schedule everyday with the notice that if he messes up even slightly they will cut him instantly. He's thus far a big scam artist. It's possible if Miami passes on him, the whole league will too. He'd rather retire than work for vet min..that shows everything you need to know about him.

Banned

Go to Euroleague you bum, you will be a god there, like the Shaq of Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    How is he an asshole?
    Maybe because he's already ****ed over two teams in the past two seasons and earned way more money than he deserved - and not even in the bad contract type of way..he over earned in the most obnoxious, lazy, loser way. He was blatantly called out for not giving a crap during his "comeback" with the sixers. So what does he do next? He goes to Cleveland and gets a nice sum of money to go slip the hot beef injection into a coach's wife/girlfriend. There really is no reason to defend the guy. Yeah he's just looking out for himself, I would try to get money too if I was in his situation. Doesn't change the fact that he's a lazy POS.
    What I am talking about is people calling him a asshole bc he wants more money in this thread. This thread is not about his past, its about the present and the deal he is looking for. People in this thread are calling him a ass hole for wanting more money on this particular deal. Which I do not think is warranted at all. Im not trying to say he is a unselfish person or hard working at all. Im talking about this deal.

Still in the league Marcus Thornton's Avatar

Keep gettin' those checks Drew!

Serious playground baller

If Bynum doesnt have the mentality to last in Cleveland he has no chance in a non English speaking country like Turkey, Russia or China. The culture shock would have him on the next plane back

IMO Atlanta Hawks is the obvious matchup. They still have 4 mill in space to use

Give him a 18 month deal at about 3 mill.