Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: can you imagine Lebron having a losing record with Gasol and Howard?

In Lebron's 17th season, 12 games in with a major overhaul in startung line up. Sure, why not.

Default Re: can you imagine Lebron having a losing record with Gasol and Howard?

Season isn't over and yeah Lebron started 8-7 himself with Wade and Bosh. In fairness Lebron has always had shooters to spread the floor.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Well for starter, I won't call 6-6 a losing record

Local High School Star

well if lebrick would turn howard into a jump shooter just like he does to all his teammates, yea i can see him having a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    back in 2010 gasol >>>>>> bosh

and you always want an elite bigman perenial defensive player of the year over an elite wing player who is injury prone
    Aren't you trying to compare the current Lakers with the 2011 Heat? So what's the point of bringing up 2010 Gasol?

Kid, come back next time when you got your arguments set straight, alright?

And troll account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    well if lebrick would turn howard into a jump shooter just like he does to all his teammates, yea i can see him having a losing record.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

No i dont imagine lebron having a losing record with any team let alone howard-gasol tandem in the league but then again i had never imagined lebron would join the heat or after demolishing every eastern conference opponent faltering the way he did against dallas or being 9-8 either after 17 games.

Now a Cavs fan again

back in 2010 gasol >>>>>> bosh

and you always want an elite bigman perenial defensive player of the year over an elite wing player who is injury prone
    Nah. The consensus at the time was that Bosh and Gasol were virtually even as players. Same with Wade and Dwight, though most had Wade slightly above Dwight.

But that's totally beside the point. The Lakers will have a winning record and they will reach the Finals as expected. The same overreactions/premature judgements were used against teams like the 2008 Celtics when they got taken to 7 games by their first and second round opponents and 2011 Heat when they started out the first 2 weeks barely above .500.

Yes, I very well can see LeBron having a losing record with Howard and Gasol.

Very good NBA starter

not a knock on Kobe, who is a great individual player and played great this season, but he's just not as a good leader as lebron, and does not make players around him better

if lebron had a top 5 PF in the league along with the best center in the league, there's no doubt that he would become a dynasty
    How is this idiot not banned yet?

Lebron and Howard together on the same team would already mean doom and gloom for the rest of the league...adding the most skilled PF in the game and seasoned solid role players would mean coasting to the rings for Lakers in the next few years - that's how great Bron is Actually Lebron would make any team in the league contenders instantly, as he has already shown with those inept Cavs rosters. Kobrick could never sniff Lebron's impact on the court no matter how pretty his jumsphot looks to his tards

I thought 6-6 was a .500 record, but that's not the point I guess...

As stated the Heat weren't much better in 2010, but there are massive differences between that Heat team, and this Lakers one.

1) Age - Heat were young, in their primes. Lakers are old, out of their primes.

2) Experience - Two of the Lakers three top players (Kobe/Gasol) have experience playing together for a long time. The Heat had no experience playing together. They just kind of threw themselves together, and hoped it would work.

3) Injuries - The Lakers ARE INJURED atm, the Heat were healthy.

I'm not trying to knock either team, and seriously if at the end of the year the Lakers are 41-41 then I will never post here again. I am pretty confident that they will not be .500 or have a losing record at the end of the year, unless of course they have major injuries... If they have major injuries then honestly two of their top 4 should be enough to get them into the playoffs Kobe/Dwight, Kobe/Gasol, Dwight/Gasol, Nash/Dwight, Nash/Gasol, and Nash/Kobe would, or should be enough to get them above .500 at the end of the year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Lebron and Howard together on the same team would already mean doom and gloom for the rest of the league...adding the most skilled PF in the game and seasoned solid role players would mean coasting to the rings for Lakers in the next few years - that's how great Bron is Actually Lebron would make any team in the league contenders instantly, as he has already shown with those inept Cavs rosters. Kobrick could never sniff Lebron's impact on the court no matter how pretty his jumsphot looks to his tards
    LeBron is better than Kobe ever was, but it's not like Kobe is some scrub... You really think that LeBron on the Wizards is a title contender? What about LeBron on the current Cavs, or LeBron on the Kings. No they're not title contenders, they are second round fodder.

I think Pau Gasol needs to go. Lakers needs a strech 4 ala Tim Thomas, Rashard Lewis, and Ryan Anderson. Once Nash return from his injuries. He's gonna be the focal point of the Lakers offense.