Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default Barkley, "New York is the most overrated basketball city in NBA"

WOW, chuck is a hater

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: barkley, "New York is the most overrated basketball city in NBA"

He's right.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

I heard that.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Overrated in terms of everything really. It doesn't matter what you are talking about, a NY'er will jump in with, "________! Man we invented that _____ shit in New York! We're the mecca of ______."

Great city though, but produces some of the most arrogant about where they came from for no reason people. And it's overpopulated so they live in sardine can apartments, which is why I can only visit but never live there.

Chuck is a troll.

lol barkley publicly hating on new york

Round Mound > New York.

NBA rookie of the year

NY > everywhere else. Just the way things are.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Chuck is a troll.
    He is paid to troll and I love it.

I'm with Chuck on this one.

I agree. The Knicks honestly haven't done much of shit while they've had the Knickerbockers. But people need to understand it still is the biggest stage to play for in the country. New York is the biggest and best city in the country, and one of the top cities in the world. Who wouldn't want to play for them. Or in Eddy Curry's place, be on the team, not play for them and get New York pizza half the season.

The guy who asked Chuck the question on TNT was right. Chicago pumps out better talent than New York and has for years.

Best city in the US?
    Is that because it's cold there, because of the traffic jams, or because the people there tend to be really arrogant?

Biased Troll

The Garden consistently is a packed, rowdy arena no matter what the team's record is, and not many teams can say that.

But in every other sense he's right. In terms of fan knowledge, team history, "star appeal" etc. it's completely overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    The guy who asked Chuck the question on TNT was right. Chicago pumps out better talent than New York and has for years.
    Do you know who was born in New York? Michael Jordan. Well Brooklyn, but still.