Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

I figured out how to be a common bad Lakers fan:

Player X goes to Lakers, treat him like he's going to put the Lakers over the top
    Player X doesn't do so well, demand his blood and his first born
    If Player X stays in the next season, Player X's image is salvaged and you tell yourself that he will be solid, but you ignore all other possibilities
    If Player X leaves in the next season, bash him and call him a scrub

Banned

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    Without Dwight I do believe there will be a much better, consistent flow to the offense. The problem is, last year the offense wasn't the problem. They were awful, terrible defensively
    they were the worst free throw shooting team in the league with guys like metta/howard on the team. and they were contagious

now all skilled sharp shooters even at the center and power forward spots. theyel go from dead last to maybe top 10 in free throw shooting

that and 2 of the 3 best free throw shooters on this team ( nash/blake ) will finally be playing

the line hurt us more than most people know. the field goal percentages/fast pace ppg disguised it

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

I'm not going to lie, I also feel like the Lakers have the potential to be a good team next season.

It could be the Nash-homer in me, but I think this team is currently underrated, and has the potential to surprise us all.

This summer kind of reminds me of that 07' Lakers offseason. If I remember correctly, Kobe had demanded to be traded, and no one, and I mean NO ONE, had any hopes for the Lakers that upcoming season. Many believed (including myself) that even if they managed not to give in to Kobe's trade demands, they would be a first round exit, at best. Then these dudes came out of no where, winning games left and right (even before the Gasol trade), and the rest is history.

Here's to hoping history repeats itself...

I like your optimism but that was '08

Cali Love

young sushi gonna drop 20 ppg this year yall just watch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Not a contender, but they'll be better than they were last year.
    You know they were a 7th seed playoff team last season in spite of all their struggles. If they'll be better than last year like you say they are then they'll be at least #5 or #6 seed team?

They'd be lucky as fk to make it in the playoffs this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I figured out how to be a common bad Lakers fan:

Player X goes to Lakers, treat him like he's going to put the Lakers over the top
    Player X doesn't do so well, demand his blood and his first born
    If Player X stays in the next season, Player X's image is salvaged and you tell yourself that he will be solid, but you ignore all other possibilities
    If Player X leaves in the next season, bash him and call him a scrub
    And that's different from the majority of succesful franchises in sports how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    thats what i though last year, that despite there being a lot of guys who were all gonna wanna shoot a lot, nash would be able to make it work. that hes one of the smartest, most unselfish players in the league, and he would figure it out, but he/they never quite did

so im not sure what is gonna be any different next year.
    Injuries

Not sure what the stat was last season, but the starting line up never logged in heavy minutes together. Due to injuries, the team never had a good chance to build good chemistry. There were moments where it seemed like things were getting better, and then a new injury would occur.

The whole Howard situation was a major distraction also. When Dwight was out, and Pau was starting at center, the team seemed to be getting on a roll. When Pau went out, I was like "Sh!t, this team is snake-bitten!". I think there a better team next season with Pau instead of Howard.

Ultimately, I agree with the premise of OP.

IF healthy, the Lakers have potential to be contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    You know they were a 7th seed playoff team last season in spite of all their struggles. If they'll be better than last year like you say they are then they'll be at least #5 or #6 seed team?

They'd be lucky as fk to make it in the playoffs this upcoming season.
    Lucky to make the playoffs? That's kind of silly. Last year they were completely ravaged by injuries

I agree. No excuses for Kobe this year

Love Live Life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    young sushi gonna drop 20 ppg this year yall just watch

i'l say this

pg - nash - 12/3/8
    sg - kobe - 26/6/5
    sf - young - 13/4/2
    pf - pau - 19/10/3
    c - kaman - 11/8/2

bench - 19ppg ( 100 ppg as a team )

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i'l say this

pg - nash - 12/3/8
    sg - kobe - 26/6/5
    sf - young - 13/4/2
    pf - pau - 19/10/3
    c - kaman - 11/8/2

bench - 19ppg ( 100 ppg as a team )

GIVE IT A REST BRO!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    Lucky to make the playoffs? That's kind of silly. Last year they were completely ravaged by injuries
    Healthy Lakers will just reduce opponents 60 points at halftime to maybe 50 but will still be getting L's at the end of the game.

There's a reason why they were plagued with injuries last year, they're an OLD ASS team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    GIVE IT A REST BRO!

you disagree with my predictions?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    you disagree with my predictions?
    OF COURSE I DISAGREE. LAKERS WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS