NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default So basically, it's nearly impossible to play well alongside Lebron

The standard line given by Lebron fans for his failures:

2009: "his teammates played horribly"
    2010: "his teammates played horribly"
    2011: "Ok, I'll admit, Lebron played horribly"
    2014: "his teammates played horribly"
    2015: "his teammates played horribly"

Apparently, at the highest level of competition and against the best teams, Lebron's teammates can no longer thrive as the play-finishers* he turned them into..

*(It's statistical fact that Lebron significantly reduces teammates APG and assist %, while increasing their assisted rate, thus turning them from playmakers into play-finishers)

Decent college freshman

Default Re: So basically, it's nearly impossible to play well alongside Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Apparently, at the highest level of competition and against the best teams, Lebron's teammates can no longer thrive as the play-finishers* he turned them into..

*(It's statistical fact that Lebron significantly reduces teammates APG and assist %, while increasing their assisted rate, thus turning them from playmakers into play-finishers)
    These only apply for '09 & '15.

Decent college freshman

i think 2015 is fair point, thats it.

2009: "his teammates were horrible"
    2010: "his teammates were horrible"
    2015: "his teammates were horrible"

Fixed
    Last edited by Dr Hawk; 01-08-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Tolerant Liberals

So basically, it's nearly impossible for op to not be a fakkit

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    These only apply for '09 & '15.
    Wade was PATHETIC in the 2014 Finals. I'm talking the most pathetic I have EVER seen any supposed superstar look.
    But you already know this and are trolling as always, you pathetic piece of human excrement.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Wade was PATHETIC in the 2014 Finals. I'm talking the most pathetic I have EVER seen any supposed superstar look.
    But you already know this and are trolling as always, you pathetic piece of human excrement.
    Wade didn't statpad like Lebron in the '14 Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk

Lebron's teammates WERE horrible, they didn't play horrible

Fixed
    Unbelievable bullshit - all you guys.. Lebron's teammates had far lower stats in those series than the RS - this is statistical fact - you guys are denying the very arguments that you've previously made.

Look at Mo Williams and other teammate stats vs. Orlando - they were atrocious and nowhere near their RS numbers... Ditto for Lebron's teammates in 2010 vs. Boston..

All I have to do is post the numbers to show the difference... And I thought Wade and Bosh were "aids" in the 2014 Finals?... They're stats were way below their RS numbers.

And of course - there's 2015 - Dellavadova shot 28%... JR Smith shot 31%... Shumpert shot 26%..

Again, at the highest level of competition and against the best teams, Lebron's teammates can no longer thrive as the predictable play-finishers he turned them into.. It's clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Wade didn't statpad like Lebron in the '14 Finals.
    Wade didn't do anything in that Finals.

Good thing Mr. Maintenance Man took those 28 regular season games off, though.

College superstar

2009: "his teammates ARE horrible"
    2010: "his teammates ARE horrible"
    2015: "his teammates were injured"
    Corrected. Those Cavs squads were among the worst supporting casts imaginable. Booby Gibson was the breakout player. Remember him? Nah, of course not.

That 2014 squad wasn't even playing the same game as the Spurs. Christ himself wouldn't have won that series in LBJs place.

And LeBron fans should be honored that you believe it is reasonable to have expected he be able to take Delly, JR shooting 30%, TT, James Jones, and half of Iman and beat a 67 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax

Youtube took down the video exposing Wade's bad defense from 2014 Finals.
    Lebron's defense was the worst on the team - his man got FMVP.. But the point is that Wade played much worse in 2014 Finals than he did otherwise:

[COLOR="blue"]Wade 2014 RS[/COLOR]: 19/5/5 on 55%

[COLOR="blue"]Wade's 2014 Finals[/COLOR]: 15/4/3 on 43%

The same huge gap exists for Mo Williams in 2009 ECF and 2010 ECSF..

And on and on and on with the rest of Lebron's teammates - I'll post everyone's stats later to PROVE my point and shut down everyone's amazing denial on this...

All of a sudden we have a bunch of Bron defenders?.. You guys are flip-flopping like a politician and it's obvious.

Again, I'll post everyone's stats later, but you get the point - at the highest level of competition and against the best teams, Lebron's teammates can no longer thrive as the predictable play-finishers he turned them into.. It's clear as day.

Banned

None of LeBrons teammates ever played better once LeBron left. Therefore your argument has no credence

otoh Pippen turned into a top 4 MVP candidate carrying a depleted Bulls roster to the same record as a year ago with MJ.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Wade didn't do anything in that Finals.

Good thing Mr. Maintenance Man took those 28 regular season games off, though.
    Wade didn't ask for the maintenance plan. He actually missed 9 Games toward the end of the Season with a hamstring injury and a couple others due to injury. He was only suppose to miss 15 scheduled games or so.

What did Lebron do that Finals other than statpad?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Corrected. Those Cavs squads were among the worst supporting casts imaginable. Booby Gibson was the breakout player. Remember him? Nah, of course not.

That 2014 squad wasn't even playing the same game as the Spurs. Christ himself wouldn't have won that series in LBJs place.

And LeBron fans should be honored that you believe it is reasonable to have expected he be able to take Delly, JR shooting 30%, TT, James Jones, and half of Iman and beat a 67 win team.
    Those guys played great in RS but couldn't play well alongside Lebron at the highest level of competition - you're simply ignoring the statistical facts:

In 2014 Finals, Wade's stats declined from 19 ppg on 55% in RS, to 15 ppg 43%.

Mo Williams shot 37% in 2009 ECF, compared to 47% in RS... And in 2010 ECSF vs. Boston, he went from 16 ppg on 44%, to 13 ppg on 40%.

Look at JR Smith, Shumpert and Dellavadova in 2015 Finals - they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn (they shot between 23-30%), after shooting very well in RS.

It's clear as day - at the highest level of competition, Lebron's teammates can no longer thrive as the predictable play-finishers he turned them into.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

1-9