Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: now that lebrons officially missed the playoffs these are my new top 25 rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    LeBron is not top 25 now?

lol ok if you say so
    Six finals losses hurts a career.

Default Re: now that lebrons officially missed the playoffs these are my new top 25 rankings

Whenever I think keneth can't be any dumber, dude always manages to surprise me. Kobe #1?

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    So he's a racist on top of being dumb as rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

#1 Kobe Bryant ( lebron only made kobes accomplishments out west look twice as impressive, only ATG in history to win multiple titles without a top 70 all time sidekick, faced and beat the most competition/most 50+ win teams eliminated in history, more skilled than MJ, way better defender than magic, 2 more rings than bird, more offensive power than russell, didn't need a 2nd superstar like kareem, proved himself without shaq and shaq never proved himself without kobe, accomplished more than hakeem in just his time since shaq left, has a winning finals record unlike wilt. simply put... the most jaw dropping difficult shot making ultra skilled fundamental play station mentality supreme being that has ever touched a basketball. would easly drop 100 in todays nba.

#2 Michael Jordan ( basically kobe but with less range, less counters, less drive to push himself to the limit, more efficient than kobe only because he had limitations that forced him to attack more. only averaged more points because he had a team catered to him his entire career. plus he had intermittent breaks to heal/recharge )

#3 Kareem Abdul Jabbar ( great longevity, great defender, unstoppable go to move

#4 Bill Russell ( great leader, great winner, great defender )

#5 Tim Duncan ( great teammate, great defender, fundamental )

#6 Magic Johnson ( great leader and passer )

#7 Larry Bird ( great shooter and passer )

#8 Shaquille O'neal ( great peak )

#9 Hakeem Olajuwon ( great run in 94 )

#10 Wilt Chamberlain ( dominant scorer and shot blocker )

#11 Kevin Durant ( nearly as skilled as kobe. possible goat candidate for the future if he demands a tougher path and succeeds like kobe did )

#12 Oscar Robertson ( slightly overrated but still a pioneer )

#13 Jerry West ( way ahead of his time with the mid range game )

#14 Moses Malone ( great opportunist, very effective against kareem )

#15 Julius Erving ( the jordan of the ABA )

#16 George Mikan ( the first great big man )

#17 Dirk Nowitzki ( should be a 2 time champion and 2 time finals mvp )

#18 Kevin Garnett ( great all around big man and defensive anchor )

#19 David Robinson ( ditto )

#20 Bob Pettit ( a pioneer at the low post position )

#21 John Havlicek ( a forgotten man among all time discussions )

#22 Karl Malone ( slightly overrated )

#23 Charles Barkley ( insanely overrated, didn't give a damn and it showed defensively. but hella skilled and effective offensively. great rebounder too )

#24 Elgin Baylor ( a complete waste of life. but a pioneer at the forward position )

#25 Isiah Thomas ( very underrated. the real 1988 finals mvp and nba champion. completely robbed by a bogus call )
    Didnt even make it a week

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Lebron played in a competitively flawed environment where a guy can make the Finals in one conference, and then miss the playoffs in the other conference despite a better cast and the same personal stats

This is now a historical fact..

And when you consider that he probably has zero rings if he doesn't team-hop or played in the West his whole career, I believe you can make an argument that he's not top 25... He has great stats, but those stats and style result in horrible team play that can only win with 2 other stars.. sorry, but other guys are better than that.. give prime dirk or KG a couple all-pro teammates for 8 years of their prime and they'd have more than 3 rings

So looking at it this way, you can make the case he's not top 25.. his team-hopping, weak conference (Finals record), suboptimal style, and weak jumpshot/clutch doom him..
    Smoke117 must've went away and cried or something.. haven't seen him after this response

if LeBrautwurst isn't top 25 why is this forum dedicated to him?

every player i mentioned would be able to lead their team to the playoffs coming back 1 game out of the 8 seed and facing absolute dog shit teams. only lebron gets steam rolled by bottom feeders with their careers/legacies on the line

kobe literally tore his leg in half doing it. he knew he couldn't miss the playoffs in 2013. it was within striking distance. they had problems but not nearly as many as 2005. that year was a write off. but in 2013 the lakers just had to play well in the 2nd half of the season to make it happen. kobe took an injured dysfunctional group on his back and dragged them into the playoffs. lebron thought making rap music and movies was more important
    Wait a minute. You seriously think Lebron's career or legacy is on the line because he's failed in his 16th season? His legacy was pretty much cemented a few years back. It's over, time to move on. I get it Kobe fanatics have to get excited over any sliver of hope they get, but he's been better than Kobe for a long time now. Put that to bed.

And i can't even engage you on a list that has Kobe in the top 5 let alone top 2.

I rule the local playground

Kobe being #1 is not crazy. He has better balance, coordination, lateral agility than Jordan which allows him to be superior 1 on 1 player and defender.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Smoke117 must've went away and cried or something.. haven't seen him after this response
    Just wasn't going to give stupidity anymore time. I don't even like LeBron...as I've said MANY MANY MANY TIMES. You are just a moron.

more efficient than kobe only because he had limitations that forced him to attack more.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Just wasn't going to give stupidity anymore time. I don't even like LeBron...as I've said MANY MANY MANY TIMES. You are just a moron.
    The truth about lebron hurts, I know

But I've been warning you for years that he'd have zero rings if he was in the west....

Turns out I was wrong.... ...He can't even make the playoffs!!... .. (it's too easy)

Was this the top 25 most overrated list? If so, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    Didnt even make it a week
    You called it

Kenny: Im never coming back!!!1!

Alright so here's my top 25 most overrated list:

if 3ball really thinks MJ is 1 and Kobe is 2 then what this really means is the gap between LBJ #1 and MJ #2 is even greater than I imagined.

Bron blows Kobe away, in everything. But if 3ball thinks Kobe and Jordan are close then maybe it is time to start dropping MJ out of the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    thought we were going to have a fakkit free weekend, guess OP had other plans

I legit died laughing at this post. Nice work