Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default What can society do to help Young men

A very important thread popped up in the NBA forum---about the unhappiness of various NBA players.

Feel free to brainstorm ideas ITT to aid the wellbeing of young men in these modern generations

Default Re: What can society do to help Young men

let me guess.. Islam is the answer?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

NOT joining Islam.

The greatest accomplishments throughout the world were done through Jesus Christ.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    let me guess.. Islam is the answer?
    The instructions were "brainstorm ideas to aid to the wellbeing of young men"

Awaiting any contributions...

Women have all kinds of programs designed to benefit them. Men don

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Women have all kinds of programs designed to benefit them. Men don’t
    Exactly. That's very unfair.

And then a new thread popped up with teachers encouraging boys to put on dresses.

Academic/professional achievement---falling behind women.

Less time spent with fathers.

And then you've got men undergoing divorces.

And you've got lonely elderly men.

And you've got these whole weird ideas of rape culture.

Very little incentive to be a father or husband.

These issues need to be addressed and solved.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Jordan Peterson seems to be helping out quite a few young men - look to him. No Dads are telling sons these days that life is tough so someone has to.

More male teachers are likely needed but the pay sucks so no men want to do them. I'd do it only if I was rich.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

More fathers, grandfathers, and role model type men in a position of responsible power to give a damn about the next generation and make an effort to reach out to them and mold them into positive future contributing members of society. I've drawn influence from my father, my grandfathers, my uncles, my bosses, public figures - etc. It works. To allow me to see what contributes positively to society, to allow me to see what my temperament should be. How to handle adversity. How to work hard.

And a lot less of that feminist crap like Gillette and Disney are trying to push trying to make men seem like weak figures that are no more physically capable and a lot less mentally capable than women. That's pure bullshit. I'm all for equal opportunity - but the nonsense that they spew in a public setting is raising current children to think that men are problematic and weak. I see it in my nephew as he watches modern disney movies and what not with no powerful male leads anymore, they are always submissive. Great men are not problematic nor are they submissive. My grandfathers and father were great people that I learned a lot from. I see young men struggle especially when they've not had an imperturbable patriarchal figure in their lives. I see problems coming in the future as the current generation of kids watching the kind of stuff my nephew watches will likely have confidence issues and never see the potential they have in them.

Patriarchal figures are GOOD. We need more of them to be reported about, or highlighted in movies and stories - more often - in positive light - not less. Anyone else notice the issue I'm talking about where theres less and less male leads in modern storytelling and they often play a submissive role? That shit leaves an impression on the current youth. So anyways I've tried to be a positive influence as often as I can both in business as the younger employees get brought in, and in my personal life for example when I have chances to teach my nephew some things.

Good men will always try to cultivate more good men. I think the entertainment industry is screwing up badly right now cultivating a generation of men that will never assert themselves to succeed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

its too ****ed up to fix at this point

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    its too ****ed up to fix at this point
    meltdown

I am older and this is what I grew up with:

1. You aren't a man if you hit or rape a woman. No real man would do that.

2. If you feel somehow challenged or threatened by a woman, you aren't much of a man.

The culture that I see happening these days is this:

1. If you rape or assault a woman, you must be really masculine. So much so that you are masculine to a toxic level.

2. A large portion of "men" are completely triggered by a young congresswoman who happens to be intelligent and good looking. She is so threatening that she has become the most prominent Democratic politician in the country. If she were a guy, nobody would give a damn about her. Pitiful.

As an older guy, I can't help but wonder how the hell we have reached this point. Young men have to learn how to get shit done. They have to realize that it is their responsiblity to protect women and children. They should be taught to compete and win against their fellow men.

Young men should be aware that, in a professional environment, gender should play no role and, generally speaking, a "politically correct" behaviour is required. However, this PC behaviour need not extend into non professional situations. When you are out in public you should acknowledge gender. And, thirdly, you may have a private behaviour where the rules are made up by the participants.

Young dudes. Please learn to be real men. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rolando; 03-03-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    More fathers, grandfathers, and role model type men in a position of responsible power to give a damn about the next generation and make an effort to reach out to them and mold them into positive future contributing members of society. I've drawn influence from my father, my grandfathers, my uncles, my bosses, public figures - etc. It works. To allow me to see what contributes positively to society, to allow me to see what my temperament should be. How to handle adversity. How to work hard.

And a lot less of that feminist crap like Gillette and Disney are trying to push trying to make men seem like weak figures that are no more physically capable and a lot less mentally capable than women. That's pure bullshit. I'm all for equal opportunity - but the nonsense that they spew in a public setting is raising current children to think that men are problematic and weak. I see it in my nephew as he watches modern disney movies and what not with no powerful male leads anymore, they are always submissive. Great men are not problematic nor are they submissive. My grandfathers and father were great people that I learned a lot from. I see young men struggle especially when they've not had an imperturbable patriarchal figure in their lives. I see problems coming in the future as the current generation of kids watching the kind of stuff my nephew watches will likely have confidence issues and never see the potential they have in them.

Patriarchal figures are GOOD. We need more of them to be reported about, or highlighted in movies and stories - more often - in positive light - not less. Anyone else notice the issue I'm talking about where theres less and less male leads in modern storytelling and they often play a submissive role? That shit leaves an impression on the current youth. So anyways I've tried to be a positive influence as often as I can both in business as the younger employees get brought in, and in my personal life for example when I have chances to teach my nephew some things.

Good men will always try to cultivate more good men. I think the entertainment industry is screwing up badly right now cultivating a generation of men that will never assert themselves to succeed.
    I agree with this.

legalize cannabis, free pr0n, free hat and lower the drinking age to eighteen.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    2. A large portion of "men" are completely triggered by a young congresswoman who happens to be intelligent and good looking. She is so threatening that she has become the most prominent Democratic politician in the country. If she were a guy, nobody would give a damn about her. Pitiful.
    You've gotta be ****ing kidding me, right?

Haha.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous

I dont know what your nephew’s parents views are, but one of the biggest problens is parents who say all the things you just said, but STILL take their kids to see all the agenda-driven drivel when it comes out. People who consume the same things from the same companies THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT.

It happens everywhere. Even traditionalists are often massive hypocrites. We all are to some extent, myself included. Nobody is perfect. But if everyone complaining put for a LITTLE effort to do more than just complain it would add up huge.

But people... dont.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 03-03-2019 at 01:29 PM.