Page 96 of 116 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1736
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

Two fans ultimately received lifetime bans for verbal abuse directed at Westbrook on separate incidents, but Parker wasn

Candace Buckner: Final: Jazz win 116-95 With their final field goal, the #Wizards TIE their third-lowest scoring total of the season. Jabari Parker leads the team with 19 points Bradley Beal finishes with 15

As the Utah Jazz

http://saltcityhoops.com/sc7-defense...dm-lauds-bigs/

Both Rubio and Raul Neto are smart and resourceful playmakers in pick-and-roll situations, but neither can attack switches or puncture the defense quite like Exum does. Against switching defenses that the Jazz will undoubtedly see in the playoffs, Exum and Mitchell are the only two Jazz men capable of beating most switches 1-on-1. Rubio and Neto usually need a pick in order to be able to break the paint, and the two of them are really going to need to be able to put pressure on the defense if Utah is going to survive in the playoffs with Mitchell as their lone isolation threat.
    Who cares if Exum can get to the rim if he can't finish or hold on to the ball?

[QUOTE]That

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/3/19/18...-beal-utah-win

[QUOTE]Before we go any further, I would like to complain, once again, that the Jazz could have drafted Josh Hart AND Thomas Bryant instead of Tony Bradley. I

https://thejnotes.com/2019/03/19/uta...ercent-threes/

I'd guess he's taking tougher shots than just wide open spot ups like with Lebron

https://thejnotes.com/2019/03/19/dan...-and-counting/

[QUOTE]But if we are talking in terms of a quality rotation guy with a defensive prowess that can swing a playoff series, or a respectable offensive game equipped with league average 3-point shooting and an uncanny ability to get to the rim, AND finish at an above average rate, I

Eric Woodyard: Derrick Favors is probable tomorrow with right hamstring tightness.

You’re really charismatic and a lot of players consider you a good friend. Because you have so many relationships with players around the league, do you think you could be a good free-agent recruiter for Utah in the years to come? Donovan Mitchell: For sure, I definitely think I can. It’s not just a single person , it’s the fact that I know a lot of guys throughout the league. I think that will definitely help . I think we’re in a position where we can bring guys in. I think guys want to play with us. We have a lot of chemistry with this team, and it’s easy for everyone to see that. We’re not a typical NBA team when it comes to our chemistry. I think that’s something that will stand out to players. They’ll see it. You can see it from the outside; everybody sees it. I think people will want to play on a team like this because of the freedom and the joy and the fun we’re having. – via *********

Can you walk me through what those struggles were like earlier in the season? And did going through that ultimately make you a better player? Donovan Mitchell: What really took me by surprise was how much attention I was being paid on opposing teams’ scouting reports. It’s one thing to hear to it. Everyone says, “It’s going to be different! It’s going to be different!” But it’s one thing to hear it, it’s another thing to go through it. I think it’s just one of those things that you have to go through. For me, I hold myself to such a high standard so I was pretty upset; I was upset with my first three months of the season. There were times where I looked back and thought, “Man, I’ve never really been in this position.” – via *********

Donovan Mitchell: I had always been the underdog, whether it was in high school or college or during my rookie year. I was always the one who nobody knows about. To come into this year and be the person who everybody is looking to attack, the person who everyone knows, it was a completely different feeling for me. It was a completely different place for me to be in. It’s something that I had to familiarize myself with and I had to do so quickly, otherwise we – the team and myself – wouldn’t be able to accomplish the things that we wanted to accomplish. I remember on New Year’s Eve, I sent out a corny tweet saying, “New year, new me.” It was kind of half-joking, but I really did need a new beginning. I needed a restart – a refresh – and I needed to just let the game come to me. That’s when I started taking a different approach to the games. My teammates were amazing. – via *********

I have to ask this because I know fans are curious: Will you compete in the dunk contest again? I know you didn’t enter it this year because you didn’t want to be tired for the second half of the season as you fight for playoff positioning. But will we ever see you in the dunk contest again? Donovan Mitchell: Yes. For sure. I don’t know if it’s going to be next year, I don’t know if it’s going to be the year after that, but I am going to do it again. – via *********

In 10th grade, you broke your wrist, which prevented you from playing AAU baseball in the summer. That’s when you shifted your focus full-time to basketball. I know your father is the Director of Player Relations for the New York Mets and I’ve heard you fully expected to be an MLB player when you were growing up. If you never broke your wrist, do you think you’d be playing major league baseball today? Donovan Mitchell: Yeah, I think so. I think my career path would’ve been baseball if I hadn’t broken my wrist. That really changed my entire life, to be completely honest with you. Not just from a sports standpoint, but from a work ethic standpoint too. That injury really showed me that the game – – could be taken away in a matter of seconds. That made me realize that you have to give this your all every chance you get, otherwise you’re going to be upset that you had more to give but the opportunity is no longer there . That changed my entire mindset and focus, and that’s when I started focusing on basketball. That injury definitely changed my entire life. – via *********

If I told 13-year-old Donovan that you’d one day be hanging out with Wade often and consider him a peer, what would your reaction have been? Also, what advice has he given you? Donovan Mitchell: I would’ve thought that you were completely lying to me, to be honest with you. (Laughs) It’s been great. With the advice he’s given me, a lot of the on-court advice has been more technical stuff like improving my footwork, slowing down, getting to the free-throw line, using fakes and things like that, which have definitely helped me throughout this year. It took me a while to fully grasp what he was talking about this year, but I think I’m starting to get a lot of it now and use what he told me. As far as off-court advice, he’s been so successful in life. I’m trying to understand how to be a businessman. I’m 22 years old, but I’m partnered with BodyArmor and adidas and all of these different brands, so you have to understand how to be a businessman on top of just being an athlete. He’s helped with that. I’ve just enjoyed the experiences we’ve had together. He and I connected a while back and we’ve met up several times, and we talk all the time. – via *********

Eric Walden: Derrick Favors is AVAILABLE tonight vs. the Knicks.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/3/20/18...ell-game-recap

[QUOTE]Watching the game, it was clear that one player deserves a little more credit than he usually does. Jae Crowder shot 5/11 from the field and 3/8 from three. Crowder doesn

https://www.nba.com/jazz/blog/lockedonjazz/post?p=3756

[QUOTE]The last of the 3rd team all-nba guard is going to be Bradley Beal or Kemba Walker, likely Bradley Beal. I am having a hard time why he should be getting it over Donovan. He is more efficienct but Washington