Default Kevin Durant Admits Paul George Injury Caused Him To Withdraw From Team USA

A few days before he reached out to Krzyzewski, Durant watched Indiana Pacers forward Paul George break his right leg in a horrific collision with a basket stanchion during a Team USA basketball scrimmage in Las Vegas that convinced the reigning NBA MVP to withdraw from the FIBA World Cup. "It took everything out of me seeing that," Durant later told friend Randy Williams and a Nike executive at his camp of George. "Everything I had to play for Team USA, that injury stripped it away from me."
    "It felt awkward," Durant said of the scrimmage that possibly ended George's season. "Once we were playing, it just didn't feel right for some reason."
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/11/...njury-team-usa

Thoughts Fudge/russwest0/Budadiii? You three always seem to be yammering about how great Durant's mental fortitude is compared to Lebron.
    Last edited by Springsteen; 11-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant Admits Paul George Injury Caused Him To Withdraw From Team USA

Durant's mentality is similar to Rose's in a sense, not entirely equal, but the similarities are booming.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant Admits Paul George Injury Caused Him To Withdraw From Team USA

Already a thread on this, numb nuts.

Find my take on it in there.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Already a thread on this, numb nuts.

Find my take on it in there.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

no one in his PR team told him that if he's gonna throw out excuses he's needs to actually explain them?

What's he gonna do when he see someone get hurt while playing for OKC? Quit on them too?

why did he think this accounted for a valid excuse? I'm seriously clueless

why didnt lebron play for team USA?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    why didnt lebron play for team USA?
    Because our F team is good enough to win gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Because our F team is good enough to win gold.
    or is it because he's an pvssy