Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #1591
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

https://www.theringer.com/2019/4/17/...layoffs-game-2

Quote:
The other problem for Utah is it doesn’t have the personnel to attack Houston on defense when it switches screens. Donovan Mitchell is the Jazz’s only player who can consistently create his own shot off the dribble, and they surround him with inconsistent 3-point shooters whom defenses can help off of. Jae Crowder, Thabo Sefolosha, and Royce O’Neale combined to shoot 2-of-13 from 3 on Sunday. The Jazz need more from Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles, but they are both more suited to moving the ball in Snyder’s intricate half-court sets than hunting for their own shot in cramped spaces. Their best chance to get back in the series may be to bench Favors and play Sefolosha and Crowder as small-ball 5s when Gobert is out. They might as well try something different. There is a reason they are 1-9 against Houston and Golden State in the past three postseasons.

Benching Favors seemed like the obvious move going in. Niang could also be in that mix especially with Thabo questionable

Quote:
The Jazz are swimming against the tide. Bigger teams almost never beat small-ball teams in the playoffs anymore. Utah has spent the past three seasons trying and failing to crack the code. Houston took the opposite approach, dumping Dwight Howard and going small around Harden. They have been single-mindedly focused on beating Golden State, creating a team that has an advantage against everyone else in the process, and forcing the rest of the league to evolve. There probably isn’t a team in the NBA that can realistically accumulate as much talent as the Warriors anytime soon, but there are a lot of teams that can play more like the Rockets, and plenty of players who can play more like Harden. It’s the easiest way to win in the playoffs. It might be the only way.

but can you do it with nice guys?
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #1592
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/04/17/uta...o-unavailable/

He should start but barely plays. COTY
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #1593
Xiao Yao You

Alykhan Bijani: Coach Quin Snyder compared James Harden to artificial intelligence. “He usually figures out what you’re doing, then you have to adjust to what he’s figured out, and then he’ll figure that out and then you go back and forth.” #Rockets – via Twitter Rockets_Insider
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #1594
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
David Locke: Mike D’Antoni says he believes the Houston Rockets are and can be better than last year though they haven’t proved it yet – via Twitter Lockedonsports

David Hardisty: D’Antoni thought for a few seconds on if this Rocket team is better than last year’s: “I think James is having a better year. Chris is healthy. Yeah, we can be better. We haven’t proven it yet, but we can be better.” – via Twitter clutchfans

Salman Ali: Mike D’Antoni says he prefers to play Kenneth Faried at backup center for the vertical spacing he provides. Says Nene will play when there is a significant post-threat that they need to contain. pic.twitter.com/X3w4kwt09w – via Twitter SalmanAliNBA

Salman Ali: Mike D’Antoni says Clint Capela has “more or less” recovered from his upper respiratory infection. pic.twitter.com/ZTx7xYztuY – via Twitter SalmanAliNBA

Yep. The idea that they weren't as good was funny. They spent all year improving the roster instead of standing pat like their opponent
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #1595
Xiao Yao You

Salman Ali: Quin Snyder believes Houston’s experience together has made them a better team than what they were last year. Also mentions the depth additions of Danuel House, Austin Rivers, and Kenneth Faried. pic.twitter.com/UkOmwTU4PU – via Twitter SalmanAliNBA

David Hardisty: Quin Snyder on James Harden: “The way he plays, there’s an artistic nature to it… His mind, the way he processes the game, he literally sees the whole court.” – via Twitter clutchfans

Salman Ali: Quin Snyder says he is happy with how the team defended James Harden last game. Mentioned keeping him off the free throw line and three-point attempts. – via Twitter SalmanAliNBA

Eric Walden: Kyle Korver (right knee soreness) and Thabo Sefolosha (left hip soreness) are AVAILABLE tonight in Game 2 vs. the Rockets. – via Twitter tribjazz
Old Today, 05:06 AM   #1596
Xiao Yao You

Eric Walden: Ricky, on the frustration of trying to guard Harden: “It’s hard, but I’m not gonna quit. And we’re not gonna quit. We’re gonna keep playing, giving him different looks. … We’re not gonna quit. It’s the playoffs. He had a great game, of course. On to Game 3.” pic.twitter.com/SfMdovHkmW – via Twitter tribjazz

Andy Larsen: Donovan Mitchell: “I didn’t show up. Simply put. That can’t happen.” – via Twitter andyblarsen

David Hardisty: Harden on @Clint Capela : “He’s more confident than ever and it’s showing. He’s not worried about scoring. He’s worried about impacting the game in other ways.” – via Twitter clutchfans
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #1597
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
So understand when Rodney Hood arrived in Portland, he was something close to damaged goods. “A lot of time, I get in my own way,” Hood said. Getting in his own way, as he says, has dogged him for years. The knock on Hood is he has been too passive on the court. He defers too much to teammates. He worries about hogging shots. And as a result, he can disappear in the biggest of moments. “I struggle with that — with not willing to go out there and be myself,” Hood said. “I worry about stepping on people’s shoes, or offending them. That’s been a knock on me since I was younger: I’m too passive; I care too much about other people’s opinion. That’s one of the biggest battles I face.” – via The Athletic

Quote:
“This here, this is unique,” Hood said. “This is something I haven’t felt since … well, I haven’t felt it. Especially since I’ve been in the NBA. I have doubted myself a lot, but once I came here, I’ve started to feel like myself again. I’m not averaging what I did in Utah, but I’m back to playing like myself.” – via The Athletic

poor Rodney
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #1598
Xiao Yao You

https://www.nba.com/jazz/blog/lockedonjazz/post?p=3895

Quote:
The Jazz opened the night turning the ball over on 4 of their first 8 possessions. The Rockets scored 10 points on those 4 turnovers and that would tell the story of the night. The Jazz trailed 12 to 4 at the first time out.

Favors taking two straight corner 3's tells the story of the Jazz. Why nt at least act like you gibe a shit?

Quote:
The Jazz offense is where things should be most concerning. The Jazz were not able to score with regularity against the Rockets in the playoffs last year, they weren’t able to score against them in the regular season and they haven’t been able to score against them tonight.

they brought back the same team and thought it would be different?

Quote:
The talk around the Rockets is that they are a better team than a year ago. A year ago they won 65 games and were a Chris Paul hamstring or a glutton of missed 3s away from winning the title.

but Ariza and Moute!

Quote:
Rubio and Crowder are a combined 2 of 14 on open threes.

but they are great guys!
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #1599
Xiao Yao You

http://saltcityhoops.com/struggling-...ed-hot-harden/

Quote:
At the rate he is going, what are the Jazz supposed to do? And at the rate this series is going, what are his next opponents supposed to do?

his next opponent has more weapons. Rather they are nice guys or not I'm not sure though
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #1600
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/4/17/18...novan-mitchell

Quote:
Quin Snyder’s defensive scheme is not working. At all. Harden is getting whatever he wants, wherever he wants it, and is carving up Utah’s defense with clinical precision. And while Quin’s offensive scheme is technically generating open shots, the players getting those shots are exactly the players the Houston Rockets want shooting the basketball.

COTY!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: