Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2015, 04:47 AM   #61
Heavincent
NBA Superstar
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How do you level up in this? Picked it up today and put in about four hours tonight, doing/finding mostly side-quests and contracts, along with some main quest and exploring. I haven't fought the griffin yet in White Orchard.

I'm only Level 1 though. Thought I'd be a bit higher by now.

You don't have to worry about grinding for XP. Hell, you don't even get XP for killing shit when you're not doing a quest. Just do the main quests and some witcher contracts and you'll be fine.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #62
fsvr54
Bitch Hands
 
fsvr54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,590
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

You definitely get your money's worth for this game. I got it launch and I still haven't beaten it, it's insanely huge.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #63
UK2K
3-time NBA All-Star
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,525
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
You definitely get your money's worth for this game. I got it launch and I still haven't beaten it, it's insanely huge.

If I haven't played any before, will I know whats going on?

I love the open world games (Fallout New Vegas anyone?), but I also like there to be a story.

Any game where I can make the story up as I go along is A-Ok.
UK2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #64
Heavincent
NBA Superstar
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
If I haven't played any before, will I know whats going on?

I love the open world games (Fallout New Vegas anyone?), but I also like there to be a story.

Any game where I can make the story up as I go along is A-Ok.

Yes, it's a self contained story. Probably the best story I've ever seen in an RPG.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #65
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch
 
Ai2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,238
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
You don't have to worry about grinding for XP. Hell, you don't even get XP for killing shit when you're not doing a quest. Just do the main quests and some witcher contracts and you'll be fine.

You do get XP for killing stuff, just takes awhile though, Have confirmed.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #66
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular
 
Big_Dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Doggville
Posts: 900
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Just had my first session on my pc, man the controls are touchy, wow
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #67
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
This is the new gold standard for RPG's. I can't believe Skyrim has a higher score on Metacritic The Witcher 3 shits on it in every way.

Only because it's on the next console and for some reason everyone automatically gives the new console games a lower score.

This game is way better than Skyrim, I agree.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #68
embersyc
Lurker
 
embersyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,563
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

I finally got around to buying this. It's pretty cool, but I wish I would've bought the PC version, controls are shitty on PS4.

I don't think you can really compare it Skyrim. Skyrim is 4 years old, and completely open world, this one is definitely more story driven.

This game to me is more like a fantasy version of Mass Effect.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #69
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star
 
oarabbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 10,218
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I finally got around to buying this. It's pretty cool, but I wish I would've bought the PC version, controls are shitty on PS4.

I don't think you can really compare it Skyrim. Skyrim is 4 years old, and completely open world, this one is definitely more story driven.

This game to me is more like a fantasy version of Mass Effect.

That makes me very intrigued. ME series is one of my favorite of all time.

From this thread, this game seems "solid" to "great". But the reviews... it's gotten >90% almost universally, and people herald it as one of the greatest games of this generation.

Is this a must own title? I'm currently ~10% through MGSV and loving it. Wasn't impressed by 2k16... going to get a new game for Christmas, right now it looks like my choices are this game or Fallout 4.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #70
Heavincent
NBA Superstar
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
Is this a must own title? I'm currently ~10% through MGSV and loving it. Wasn't impressed by 2k16... going to get a new game for Christmas, right now it looks like my choices are this game or Fallout 4.

Absolutely, but you should finish MGS V first. You probably don't have the time to be playing both on a regular basis. Both games are massive.

As I said, Witcher 3 set a new standard for open world RPG's.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #71
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star
 
oarabbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 10,218
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Absolutely, but you should finish MGS V first. You probably don't have the time to be playing both on a regular basis. Both games are massive.

As I said, Witcher 3 set a new standard for open world RPG's.


I think I'll pick it up after MGSV then.

To clarify - it's "must own" like MGSV or Mass Effect, now "must own" like Bioshock Infinite or Gears of War, right? If you get what I mean.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #72
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 5,200
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

I was about 7 hours into Witcher 3 when I put it down in favor of MGS5. I won't go back to it until I complete MGS5. I loved Witcher 2 on the 360 and this one is an improvement on that. A lot of gamers are sleeping on it. CD Projekt RED, the makers of the game, are awesome at giving players what they want in a game as well as dlc. They've given a lot of free missions as dlc.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:12 PM   #73
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,495
Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Picked this up for $25. Can't wait to play.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy