Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lets be real folks, how much does an NBA player DESERVE to make?

My opinion, 70-150 thousand would suffice...POSSIBLY 200 thousand.... I love basketball, and even though these guys dedicate there lives to the sport they make WAY too much. No shit but still, how much do you guys think they should make?

Rookie 3 year Salary
    Darko Milicic $11,596,440

Default Re: Lets be real folks, how much does an NBA player DESERVE to make?

If I had that kind of money when I was 18-20 as soon as the 3 seasons were done I'd move somewhere and...

http://theweedbusiness.com/wp-conten...ucing-weed.jpg

Just sayin

They deserve to make a large % of Basketball revenue, probably more than they already make.

And you can point to guys like Darko as being overpaid, then you can point to superstars like LeBron who would be making twice as much in a sport like Baseball or Soccer, or pretty much any solid player on a rookie contract who is making far below his real value.

Banned

Whatever someone is willing to pay them: free market.

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Whatever someone is willing to pay them: free market.
    Well of course I'm not saying force them to be paid less X).. They just shouldn't be getting paid that much for playing a game imo

Wilt Chamberlain shocked the NBA in 1962 by turning down an offer of $25,000 ($183,357 today adjusted for inflation) which was more than the highest-paid player at the time Bob Cousey, who earned $22,500.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Lets be real op, how many terrible threads have you made today ALONE

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Lets be real op, how many terrible threads have you made today ALONE
    Why would I care if its bad?

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

You forget that players that can became pros need to practice so much that they don't have a time for school and when they finish playing basketball they are going to find a job harder than educatet people .

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

What i want to know is how much of it are they giving back to the communities, or if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    You forget that players that can became pros need to practice so much that they don't have a time for school and when they finish playing basketball they are going to find a job harder than educatet people .
    That's true, coming from that perspective I could understand why having a cushion if it fails would be nice....Def would be a problem for "bench warmers".

Off topic but I also think there should be 12-16 teams tops...Back in the day when Wilt was scoring 50PPG he faced Russell 12 times during the Reg season. It wouldn't be that much but seeing some of these guys be able to go head2head more often with more exciting/stacked teams sounds epic

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    What i want to know is how much of it are they giving back to the communities, or if at all.
    That's an interesting question....I wonder which NBA player has given the most to charity...Not that it would make him a good person

Certified ISHiot.

If any idiot could play basketball at the NBA level then they wouldn't make so much. What they earn makes perfect sense. I'm sorry, but this is a f@cking stupid thread and I'm closing it.

Certified ISHiot.

Alright, if you're going to whine about it, have your little discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Alright, if you're going to whine about it, have your little discussion.

Aww. The grinch gave little Johnny his early x-mas gift.

See, he's not a bad guy

They don't deserve to make that much from just playing basketball, but I prefer them having that money than the owners. They are the one playing on the court not the rich bastards behind the scenes (agents, owners, advertising etc...)