Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Report: Cavs To Start Tristan Thompson

REPORT: CAVS TO START TRISTAN THOMPSON
    Thompson will start at power forward in tonight's Game 2 and Mike Miller will move back to a reserve role. Thompson will pair with LeBron James and Timofey Mozgov in the frontcourt. Cleveland trails the Bulls in the series 1-0. (via ESPN and media reports)

Default Re: Report: Cavs To Start Tristan Thompson

Oh baby. That's a lot of size down low.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

This shoulda been done in Game 1.

I was actually thinking of all the possible starting lineups for Cleveland in Game 1. And I had a bunch of scenarios in my mind, but I never had Mike Miller in any of them.

When I saw him out there during tip off of game 1 I was shocked. This dude has been borderline retired for the past 3 seasons, and somehow he got the starting spot in a playoff game on a team with a chance to get to the Finals. Amazing.

Very good NBA starter

lebron has had the benefit of great spacing on his teams since 2011. it will be interesting to see how he does in a more conventional lineup.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

TT is a beast on the glass. At the very least, he'll be able to make rebounding a bit tougher for Gasol and Noah.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

I was actually thinking of all the possible starting lineups for Cleveland in Game 1. And I had a bunch of scenarios in my mind, but I never had Mike Miller in any of them.

When I saw him out there during tip off of game 1 I was shocked. This dude has been borderline retired for the past 3 seasons, and somehow he got the starting spot in a playoff game on a team with a chance to get to the Finals. Amazing.

Miller can space the floor and is a good rebounder for a wing. I can see why Blatt did it.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Oh baby. That's a lot of size down low.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

Thompson played starter minutes in game 1 (37mins) His reg.season avg. was 27mins. Most thought he was crazy for turning down 4yrs 52mil extension offered in October and that the Cavs were crazy to offer that much. If he thinks he's worth more, then NOW is the time to show what you got and prove you can play starter minutes on a somewhat regular basis.

Nice adjustment from the top5 coach
    No excuses

Tristan was still on the team? Holy crap that team was more stacked than I thought. Tristan is a starter in any other team not called the Cavaliers.

TT is playing starter minutes anyway so this doesn't really change much.

Starting the game isn't going to make him any better of a defender, and it isn't going to make Pau Gasol work him over any less.

Local High School Star

I can't believe Blatt started Miller's old ass over Thompson in the first game .

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    TT is playing starter minutes anyway so this doesn't really change much.

Starting the game isn't going to make him any better of a defender, and it isn't going to make Pau Gasol work him over any less.
    It definitely matters, or do you forget just how many points the Cavs were down early on.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    I can't believe Blatt started Miller's old ass over Thompson in the first game .

It definitely matters, or do you forget just how many points the Cavs were down early on.

spacing.

Mozgov literally has more range than Thompson.

Decent playground baller jimmybball's Avatar

Time to clog that lane on offense

Quote Originally Posted by edrick

Ok but Pau only scored 4 points in the first quarter and Noah didn't score at all. As I remember it the Bulls were raining jump shots, I'll look it up.

Of the Bulls' 11 FG's in the first, 8 of them came from outside the paint. So I guess Miller's defense could have been a difference, but to me it doesn't seem like this is going to change anything. Just TT playing the first 8 minutes of the quarter instead of the last 4 and the first 4 of the second.

Not saying the Cavs will lose, I think they win actually, but just that TT starting or not doesn't matter bc he's going to play nearly 40 minutes regardless.