Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: BREAKING: Cavs officially sign Andrew Wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    I'd be ****ing raging if I was a Minny fan and that went through. Thad Young and Bennett basically play the same position right? Except Bennett can shoot
    Flip Saunders is an idiot...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I don't see how one can read this deal one way or the other.

The teams could agree on a trade in principle with Wiggins and just make it official in 30 days.

Actually kind of see this as more of a sign that Wiggins is involved in the trade potentially because it makes any deal for Love far easier...especially if the Wolves are demanding a Martin dump.

I've said it the whole time.

Wiggins/Bennett/a pick or two/cap filler for Love/Martin/Dieng is the most fair trade. In order to make that deal...the Cavs have to get to like 19 million in outgoing money. Wiggins and Bennett combine for 11 million. I think they have like 3.5 million in unguaranteed money. Haywood is worth 2. So they aren't far off...

Hopefully that is what happens.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Welcome to the Wolves, Mr. Andrew Wiggins

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I think it is fair to assume that the deal is done and Wiggins is involved at this point. The complete inaction by both the TWolves and the Cavs over the last few days speaks volumes. Damn shame.

I'll wait to see the deal before I levy a firm opinion, but I have a feeling this is going to be a thorough reaming.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I think it is fair to assume that the deal is done and Wiggins is involved at this point. The complete inaction by both the TWolves and the Cavs over the last few days speaks volumes. Damn shame.

I'll wait to see the deal before I levy a firm opinion, but I have a feeling this is going to be a thorough reaming.
    I know a few posters have suggested it's not the case, but from the start it seemed like Cleveland had 100% of the leverage, and Minny had none whatsoever. Now, the TWolves have complete negotiating power somehow. What changed?

I agree with this.

Only hope for you is now that you either get back Dieng...or the Cavs have decided not to go after Love.

The signing makes it far easier to facilitate a deal...and this should be seen the way you did. Don't get what other people are smoking. The Cavs also signed Joe Harris as well...which is just more money to throw in.

Hopefully it's not as bad as those initial reports of absorbing Martin and facilitating Barea to a 3rd team with a pick as well. This could get ugly...or, even though I know you don't want to lose Wiggins...if they get back Dieng and don't mess around with Barea and a 3rd team...could actually be a good deal emotions aside.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 04:30 PM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Poor guy.

Dude can't even celebrate being the top pick because bran came in and didnt even mention his name in the letter & basically made wiggins look like nothing but an expendable item with enough trade value to help build his super team.

Brans a douche for that. Imagine Kobe going to the cavs in 03
    & demanding they trade for Dirk at all cost including trading Lebron.

I really want the Cavs to be awesome and win a championship but it would almost be too perfect if they make a horrible trade and **** themselves. Get 3 number 1 picks in 4 years, have Lebron fall in your lap, and then proceed to **** it all up in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I know a few posters have suggested it's not the case, but from the start it seemed like Cleveland had 100% of the leverage, and Minny had none whatsoever. Now, the TWolves have complete negotiating power somehow. What changed?
    Nothing changed, Wolves always had the leverage. Cavs couldn't outright sign Love next year so trading for him is the only option for them.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I agree with this.

Only hope for you is now that you either get back Dieng...or the Cavs have decided not to go after Love.

The signing makes it far easier to facilitate a deal...and this should be seen the way you did. Don't get what other people are smoking. The Cavs also signed Joe Harris as well...which is just more money to throw in.

Hopefully it's not as bad as those initial reports of absorbing Martin and facilitating Barea to a 3rd team with a pick as well. This could get ugly...or, even though I know you don't want to lose Wiggins...if they get back Dieng and don't mess around with Barea and a 3rd team...could actually be a good deal emotions aside.
    LeBron's All-Star block party... coming to a town near you.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Poor guy.

Dude can't even celebrate being the top pick because bran came in and didnt even mention his name in the letter & basically made wiggins look like nothing but an expendable item with enough trade value to help build his super team.

Brans a douche for that. Imagine Kobe going to the cavs in 03
    & demanding they trade for Dirk at all cost including trading Lebron.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8K7GP3NM

LeBron's All-Star block party... coming to a town near you.
    If they end up taking back Martin...and sending a pick to a 3rd team so Barea can be sent there. And don't get back Dieng...

Holy shit! This could get so bad...

Really pulling for you here buddy.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Kevin Martin's contract is not even that bad...great sixth man for 7 mil per?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If they end up taking back Martin...and sending a pick to a 3rd team so Barea can be sent there. And don't get back Dieng...

Holy shit! This could get so bad...

Really pulling for you here buddy.

You are really helping to build a sense of dread for RBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Kevin Martin's contract is not even that bad...great sixth man for 7 mil per?
    It's actually good...it's about what it's costing the Cavs to facilitate that.

And it's not like he's a huge asset or something. Especially with Ray Allen coming to the Cavs. They'd much rather just have more cap room next summer.

This would be part of the deal in favor of the Wolves.

In order to fit Martin in...the Cavs have to include Haywood's great contract...and like 5 million of cap filler. Not the end of the world, but not only does it thin out their front line, but it kills their ability to make trades and hurts their cap the next few years.

That's bad enough, but if they have to give up another first rounder to get Barea to another team...while not getting back Dieng...it would be horrid.