Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Brandon Jennings on Kobe's defense

Brandon Jennings on Kobe tonight: "Probably the best defense anybody's played on me since I've been in the league."
    More Jennings on @kobebryant: "For the whole game, I don't think I've ever seen a guard put that much pressure on a point guard full-court."
    It's just embarrassing that haters like Bill Simmons are allowed to be on tv lumping Kobe and Nash together as the same caliber of defender. Worse yet, idiot fans buy into this crap

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings on Kobe's defense

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    It's just embarrassing that haters like Bill Simmons are allowed to be on tv lumping Kobe and Nash together as the same caliber of defender. Worse yet, idiot fans buy into this crap
    nobody said he can't play good D.....it was the fact that he just did not give a shit and did not try. i watch every single laker game....it was obvious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

It's pretty obvious that when Kobe puts in 100% effort he is still one of the best defensive guards in the league.

Kobe is the best man to man defender in the league and has always been. Tonight proves he can still beast at both ends at the same time ., its just a matter of when he tries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    It's pretty obvious that when Kobe puts in 100% effort he is still one of the best defensive guards in the league.
    Hmm, I'm still not too sold. He can still guard good scorers, but I don't think he can guard great players like CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, etc. It was pretty evident in the 2011 playoffs when he guarded CP3 and he got crapped on like the rest.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Jennings is doomed to shoot 40% for the rest of his career, he'll get my attention if he shuts down an actual all star

Serious playground baller

everyone knows kobe is one of the best defenders in the league, the problem is effort lol, some nights he goes hard on defense, other nights all you see him do is chase down open 3 point shooters

Quote Originally Posted by gtfomyface
    everyone knows kobe is one of the best defenders in the league, the problem is effort lol, some nights he goes hard on defense, other nights all you see him do is chase down open 3 point shooters
    its not effort, its age and minutes.

DPOY

Jennings is a borderline bust. Why do we care what he thinks? His offense is solid but shaky at best.

Now that kobe reunited with vanessa he is:

Best offensive player
    Best defensive player
    Best family man
    Best twitter

DPOY, SCORING TITLE, MVP, FINALS MVP, 6th RING = Lock.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Hmm, I'm still not too sold. He can still guard good scorers, but I don't think he can guard great players like CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, etc. It was pretty evident in the 2011 playoffs when he guarded CP3 and he got crapped on like the rest.
    you sound idiotic. Who can guard those players and shut them down lol? Against CP3 earlier this month, kobe held him to 11/25 shooting, well under his average FG%. Not to mention CP3 scored his last 4 points at the free throw line, so he essentially got 26 points on 25 shots. sounds good to me.

I take it Lebron guarded KD amazingly when KD went off for what, 31 points on 51% shooting in the finals gimmie a break.

Avery Bradley was injured when the Celtics played the Bucks so this is no surprise

Decent playground baller

Lets be real though, no one can really 'shutdown' players like Lebron, kd, cp3... But we should expect Kobe to shutdown players like Jennings.

Tonight was a brutally honest reality check for Jennings. Dude has one speed, and he is good when Kobe is backpedaling, and blow past Kobe at will, but he can't finish. And when Kobe squares up on D., Jennings couldn't do anything. Jennings might want to learn how to change speed, change direction, and change his game. Dude sux!

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    you sound idiotic. Who can guard those players and shut them down lol? Against CP3 earlier this month, kobe held him to 11/25 shooting, well under his average FG%. Not to mention CP3 scored his last 4 points at the free throw line, so he essentially got 26 points on 25 shots. sounds good to me.

I take it Lebron guarded KD amazingly when KD went off for what, 31 points on 51% shooting in the finals gimmie a break.
    You are aware Chris Paul is shooting 48 percent this season and 11/25 is 44% so there's that..