Default Re: Lettuce Discuss Chris Paul

Negged. One-starred. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Negged. One-starred. Reported.
    [COLOR="White"]RT.[/COLOR]

Local High School Star

Wow just the kind of responses I expected to a great thought out post. i agree with the OP and I say that bravely knowing that the CP fanboys will pounce on the slightest negative thing you say about him, rain you with a litany of excuses followed by personal insults. I have never seen a player who you cant say anything even neutral about without their mob of irrational fans attacking you and calling you an idiot. I don't understand the idolization of a slightly above average player much less the way evreyone takes it personally if you point out his flaws. it's just pathetic and like I've been saying I think Pauls entire extended family posts on insidehoops

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Plenty of people call him out for it. You're also comparing high profile stars like Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Rose, Durant and Howard, players on highly regarded teams who play a great deal of nationally televised games, to Chris Paul, who was relegated to a struggling, NBA owned Hornets team with a shaky franchise future in New Orleans. It's not comparable. Hardly anyone expected anything out of Chris Paul when he was leading those New Orleans teams to mediocre regular season finishes and first round exits.

His criticisms will increase exponentially now that he's playing for a team in the spotlight and where the pressure and expectations continue to mount. It's his first season with the Clippers and he's more than met expectations thus far, aside from a few low scoring performances. Keep in mind the guy has an All Star caliber rotation of guards to help run the point in a pinch... this isn't like when the best backup option he had during his tenure in NOLA was Jarrett Jack.

I'm not entirely sure what you're expecting out of the guy 30 some-odd games into a lockout shortened season, recovering from missed time with an injury, with a brand new coach, system and an entirely new cast of role players.
    Are you saying Jarret Jack's not very good? I guess as a Lakers fan, every point guard looks good compared to the shit we trot out. (Love ya, Fisher)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Are you saying Jarret Jack's not very good? I guess as a Lakers fan, every point guard looks good compared to the shit we trot out. (Love ya, Fisher)
    No, I'm saying he had no viable backup for 5+ seasons until last year.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Wow just the kind of responses I expected to a great thought out post. i agree with the OP and I say that bravely knowing that the CP fanboys will pounce on the slightest negative thing you say about him, rain you with a litany of excuses followed by personal insults. I have never seen a player who you cant say anything even neutral about without their mob of irrational fans attacking you and calling you an idiot. I don't understand the idolization of a slightly above average player much less the way evreyone takes it personally if you point out his flaws. it's just pathetic and like I've been saying I think Pauls entire extended family posts on insidehoops
    you never say anything neutral about paul, everything is negative and 99% of your comments are as stupid as a guy getting run over by a parked car. don't know how smart you are on other subjects but whenever you talk about paul you become dumber than a 2 year old baby, and when everyone calls you out on your obvious 5 IQ stupidity you start crying about it. shut the **** up and get the **** out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.Pown
    you never say anything neutral about paul, everything is negative and 99% of your comments are as stupid as a guy getting run over by a parked car. don't know how smart you are on other subjects but whenever you talk about paul you become dumber than a 2 year old baby, and when everyone calls you out on your obvious 5 IQ stupidity you start crying about it. shut the **** up and get the **** out.
    Not to mention he makes game bets he can't back up.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    So, in a recent 4-game stretch in which the Clippers defeated Memphis, OKC, Denver, and Utah, CP3 averaged 25.7 ppg, 9.7 apg, 4.5 rpg on 55.7 percent shooting...

...so was Paul carried in those games?

By the way, those are 4 CONSECUTIVE games...not 1 out of 10.
    look at the clipper losses in the games he's played.....

Paul averages only 10 shots in the 5 losses and has scored 15 or less in all of them... he's shooting 43% in losses... He's only played 16 games and already has had 7 sub par games..... that's 45% of the games he's played.... Paul is far too inconsistent be considered the best PG......

He's very overrated as a PG , he cannot create his own offense, he relies on the PnR too much.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    look at the clipper losses in the games he's played.....

Paul averages only 10 shots in the 5 losses and has scored 15 or less in all of them... he's shooting 43% in losses... He's only played 16 games and already has had 7 sub par games..... that's 45% of the games he's played.... Paul is far too inconsistent be considered the best PG......

He's very overrated as a PG , he cannot create his own offense, he relies on the PnR too much.
    Here is the full highlight of Chris Paul's performance against the Jazz in which he went for 34 points and 11 assists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgHUQivSkI

After watching this, I'd LOVE to hear how he "cannot create his own offense".

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    LOL. So CP3 did that by himself? I didn't know that they didnt add billups, Williams, Butler etc. This is why this dude is overrated by you idiots. And the guy has games like 1-9, 2-8 and the Clippers still seem to win.

OK, Superbowl's over. Where was I?

Oh yeah,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Haha dude, of course the fan boys will say he is not overrated. That is expected of them. They have been making excuses for him since 2008. The other funny thing is they talk about his fg%, but the guy gets open looks the whole game. opposing defender saggs off of him and barely contest his shot. He better have a high fg%. Imagine if guys like Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose etc. had wide open looks like that the whole game.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Haha dude, of course the fan boys will say he is not overrated. That is expected of them. They have been making excuses for him since 2008. The other funny thing is they talk about his fg%, but the guy gets open looks the whole game. opposing defender saggs off of him and barely contest his shot. He better have a high fg%. Imagine if guys like Durant, Kobe, LeBron, Rose etc. had wide open looks like that the whole game.
    Also, he doesn't just take shots when he should. He protects his FG%, probably for his fantasy owners. He just dribbles around for 20 seconds.

Best PG in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Also, he doesn't just take shots when he should. He protects his FG%, probably for his fantasy owners. He just dribbles around for 20 seconds.

Now he's protecting his stats for fantasy owners?

ISH is too much.