Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lettuce Discuss Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    People have been making excuses for CP3 since his 2 great seasons. He has not been the same player ever since. He has like one good game out of evert 10 games and people start to think he's great, but every dog has it's day once a while, even guys like Beasely have one good game every once a while. He has no consistency. CP3 is a very good role player, and that's all he is. He hasn't been good since 2008 because he can't keep up with the new breed of PGs, they are just plain and simple better than him. Who was his competition in 2008-2009? Fisher? No wonder he had those great seasons, he was going against bums at the PG position every night. CP3 hasn't developed his game ever since, he seems like a lazy SOB, that's why he's fat. The Clippers training staff have even said CP3 is perfectly healthy to play. Every player plays with small injuries, look at guys like Kobe and Rose(Turf toe) etc., you don't see them complaining or coming up with excuses. Why do people let CP3 slide through? Are they gay for his baby face? I can't think of any other reason. There is no way this guy is a top 8-9 player in the league, he isn't even better than Melo. If Melo went 1-9 or 3-10 in a game, people would be complaining left and right, but if CP3 does that then it's all good because he is everyones gay lover boy. The just shows the high expectations people have for Melo and the low expectations people have of CP3, but they still consider CP3 a top 8-9 player. The guy is the most overrated player of our time. You give DWill/Nash a team like the Clippers, watch them go ham every night.

Not to mention the guy whines and flops at every play. And he is turning the whole Clippers team to be floppers like him, no wonder the Clippers are becoming the most hated team in the NBA.
    bolded made me chuckle

op is the same guy who said ''cp3 is only good because he uses SOOOO many screens!'' like cp3 is cheating by knowing how to use a screen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Oh no, CP3 helped turn the Clippers into the #2 team in the West!

Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!

LOL. So CP3 did that by himself? I didn't know that they didnt add billups, Williams, Butler etc. This is why this dude is overrated by you idiots. And the guy has games like 1-9, 2-8 and the Clippers still seem to win.

LOL. So CP3 did that by himself? I didn't know that they didnt add billups, Williams, Butler etc. This is why this dude is overrated by you idiots. And the guy has games like 1-9, 2-8 and the Clippers still seem to win.
    Are you fvcking illiterate, or just ignoring the fourth word in my post?

So, in a recent 4-game stretch in which the Clippers defeated Memphis, OKC, Denver, and Utah, CP3 averaged 25.7 ppg, 9.7 apg, 4.5 rpg on 55.7 percent shooting...

...so was Paul carried in those games?

By the way, those are 4 CONSECUTIVE games...not 1 out of 10.

Banned

I dont really get why someone would even rate CP3 over DWill. I bet DWill would be averaging 22-12 if he was on the Clippers, but with the better record. Overrated

I dont really get why someone would even rate CP3 over DWill. I bet DWill would be averaging 22-12 if he was on the Clippers, but with the better record. Same guys with 2-3 other PGs. Overrated
    I wouldn't expect you to respond to actual facts being posted in this thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    I wouldn't expect you to respond to actual facts being posted in this thread.
    The fact that he's overrated by idiots like you? He's good, I'm not saying that, but no way dude is Top 8-9 in the league.

The fact that he's overrated by idiots like you? He's good, I'm not saying that, but no way dude is Top 8-9 in the league.
    You called him a role player, you f***ing moron.

You ranked Rondo ahead of him.

Banned

Rondo is a better defender than him, and a better passer. Only thing CP3 has over him is a better shot. Get out of his a$$ f@gg.

Rondo is a better defender than him, and a better passer. Only thing CP3 has over him is a better shot. Get out of his a$$ f@gg.
    Unfortunately, jump shots play a big role in the game basketball.

And Rondo can't hit one.

Banned

Unfortunately, jump shots play a big role in the game basketball.

And Rondo can't hit one.
    Defenses sagg off of CP3 and lets him take open jump shots. The same defense is played on Rondo, but a tiny bit more extreme, but he's not as reliable to hit those shots, not saying CP3 is that reliable either. I know all of that, but bottom line is Rondo being a better defender/passer puts him over the edge even though he is worse shooter.

The OP called Chris Paul a role player?

Defenses sagg off of CP3 and lets him take open jump shots. The same defense is played on Rondo, but a tiny bit more extreme, but he's not as reliable to hit those shots, not saying CP3 is that reliable either, I know all of that, but bottom line is Rondo being a better defender/passer puts him over the edge even though he is worse shooter.

Really? CP3 has a 51 eFG percentage on jump shots, while Rondo has a 39 eFG percentage on jumpers.

In case you can't do the math, that's a 12 percent difference. That is MASSIVE. Paul is shooting 45.8 percent from 3, Rondo is 3 for 10 on the season.

CP3 is an elite NBA shooter, while Rondo is one of the worst guards in regards to shooting the league has to offer.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 02-05-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    The OP called Chris Paul a role player?
    LOL yup.

Banned

I'm a huge Celtics fan, and Rondo is one of my favorite players, but even I think ranking him in front of CP3 is borderline retarded.

I think anyone within their right mind would think it was as well.